I did it....sort of

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did it....sort of

At my normal wine time this evening, I got busy with chores I let go all afternoon on purpose. Made it through 5 pm but it was HARD. I ended up having a small glass at 8:30 after my son went to bed. I was already sleepy and past point of wanting more so one glass it was! I am going to bed knowing I wont feel like crap. Love it!

I did it....sort of

:goodjob: You have to start somewhere! keep up the positive attitude!

My favourite thing about not drinking is exactly that.... feeling like a million dollars when I wake up versus smelling like a brewery, still half cut, and late for work!

:welcome:

Boh
    http://www.aahistory.com/days.html

Round 1 - AF/NF Sept 29, 2011-June 23, 2012

Round 2 - AF/NF October 6, 2012-December 2012

Round 3 - AF/NF January 5, 2014 - ????

Third times a charm!

Comment

I did it....sort of

Congratulations ally!

Having the control to stop at one glass is incredible.

I agree Boh, waking up with a clear head and practically bouncing out of bed is wonderful!

Comment

I did it....sort of

Fantastic Ally, was nice wasn't it going to bed and waking up remembering everything and not feeling like crap physically or emotionally..

Glad for you.

Tips
        Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
        ? Lao-Tzu

Comment

I did it....sort of

Thanks everyone! I feel so great this morning. I honestly can't remember the last time I had just one small glass of wine while at home. And by small, I mean not filling up a goblet all the way but maybe 1/4 the way. I'm very proud of myself. I love that I'm not hungover and feeling weak and ashamed of myself like I do 90% of the time. Today is another day and it's going to be productive...especially 5-7 when I'm normally guzzling!

Comment

I did it....sort of

Hey Great job!! Stick with it and around day 5 you will feel amazing!!

B
            http://www.aahistory.com/days.html

Round 1 - AF/NF Sept 29, 2011-June 23, 2012

Round 2 - AF/NF October 6, 2012-December 2012

Round 3 - AF/NF January 5, 2014 - ????

Third times a charm!

Comment

Working...
            X