FIrst time here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FIrst time here

I here for the first time. This morning the first thing that I thought about when I woke up was a beer. I had 2 glasses and have been drinking water every since. Today is the day that I want to be my last day of drinking any alcohol. I havent had anything terrible happen as a result of my drinking In a long time and I dont want to go down that road again. The quilt, embarassment, and the shame.
    This past week i have been drinking everyday. I am tired of trying to find a way to do it anymore. My husband and my children have asked me in the past not to do this anymore. I feel that coming to this site is going to motivate me to do the right thing. I am home alone with the children in a foreign country. My husband is deployed. We talk everyday and I have gotten pretty good with hiding. I feel this is a problem that I need to fix. The crazy thing is that when my husband is home I may drink socially. I no longer want to drink at all. I know that I am going to be sweating and coughing all night tonight. I am actually thinking about going to see a Dr. I live in such a small community and really am concerned about my privacy. I will be going to the next AA meeting, which is in 3 days any words of enouragement would be appreciated. Tommorow is day one!

FIrst time here

S - just wanted to welcome you and let you know that you are not alone. All of us here have struggled and many are having real success with staying sober.

Maybe since you do better when your husband is around, going to AA might be able to fill the social void when he's gone.

Here is a link to the Toolbox which has many ideas and suggestions for helping you stop drinking.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html

Best to you!

Comment

FIrst time here

The best of luck to you silhouette.
      Welcome to a website that is so very helpful.
      Xxx

Comment

FIrst time here

Welcome Sil, there is so much help here. I quit 2 weeks ago and I was sweating and irritable for 5 days. Read and keep posting. See the doctor. We will be here.
        You can do this!
        Day 1 again 11/5/19
        Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
        Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
        Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
        11/27/19: messed up but back on track
        12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

FIrst time here

Hi silhouette,

Welcome to MWO, this is a good place!
          Why don't you download the MWO book from the Health store? I did & it helped me get started. You'll learn about the nutritional supplements, Hypno CDs, medications (if you choose to take them).
          Out https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html is full of great ideas to help you put together a plan for yourself.

It's work, but you can meet your goals wit a strong commitment & a good plan - lots of us have

Wishing you the best & please feel free to visit the Newbies Nest thread for more support!

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

FIrst time here

:welcome:

The people here are amazing! Read and post often....the support really helps!
            http://www.aahistory.com/days.html

Round 1 - AF/NF Sept 29, 2011-June 23, 2012

Round 2 - AF/NF October 6, 2012-December 2012

Round 3 - AF/NF January 5, 2014 - ????

Third times a charm!

Comment

FIrst time here

Hi silhouette and :welcome: I too got to where I was drinking in the morning, always trying to hide my drinking (but not always successfully), and just really got sick and tired of the whole things. It was hard to stop, but lots of us have done it.

I participate regularly here at My Way Out, and I also go to AA. I really appreciate being able to make new face to face sober friends, and I enjoy the fellowship. I've learned a lot there. Walking through the doors for the first time is the hardest part.

Believe in yourself. If I can stop, so can you. Life is SO much better with AL out of it.

DG
              Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
              Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

FIrst time here

Welcome to this site Sil! AA can be a help for some and not a help for others. But it is worth a try so go ahead and do it.
                I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

FIrst time here

How are you doing, Sil?
                  Day 1 again 11/5/19
                  Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
                  Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
                  Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
                  11/27/19: messed up but back on track
                  12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...