First Time Here...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Time Here...

Hi all. Baby Q, how are you doing today? Didn't get to bed til 5am last night as had to finish all the wine in the flat! But, up at 10 (felt like crap!) and only had one real big craving today. I'm just distracting myself and this site has helped so much, I just can't say. I'm inspired by others' stories and know I'm not alone. So happy to report Day one AF.

Thanks Unwasted & Zenstyle for the support. I know I'm only Day 1 and I've been there SO many times before but feeling positive today. Hoping the sleeping won't be too bad!

Take care Baby Q. Really hoping I'll be able to change my name soon! :-)
    You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

First Time Here...

P.S - loved the bit about the log in. And really no idea how I found you all last night - just glad I did )

Comment

First Time Here...

Hi Can't and baby - I hope you're both doing ok. I'm just beginnin my 3rd week AF (second attempt this year...the first time I made it over 30 days!)

I think it's interestng that so many of us are really careful about what we put into our bodies... I hate drugs, I don't drink soda with artificial sweeteners, or soda with high fructose cornsyrup or soda with caramel color! Yet, I didn't hesitate to drink vodka with a little water to get it down....sometimes 24 hours a day.

It's crazy.

soak up the support! Everyone is amazing. :h
        ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

First Time Here...

Hi lolab,
          Well done you! I'd so love to be able to say that - perhaps in a few weeks I will.

I know, really is interesting about watching what goes into our bodies. I work in natural healthcare! So, had enough of the bonkers double life. At least I think looking after everything else has kept me healthier than I would have been without. Just can't kid myself anymore.

Loving this site. Didn't realise so many had (or had had) the bottle (or two!) of wine thing going on.

Comment

First Time Here...

Hey Can't Believe

It's so good to recognize how bad it is isn't it? I've only recently allowed myself to see the full extent of the damage. Powerful motivator.
            My sister lives with a man who drinks EVERY day but says "Just let me enjoy a beer or two".
            So the recognition is critical to healing, but I just don't see how a person can walk around feeling like hammered sh*t all the time and deny it.
            I wish you all the best; I'm om day so what do I know? In my entire adult life I had 9 minths of sobriety when pregnant, then 10 months because I was killing myself. Now
            back to some sanity.
            I feel like I know what was missing the last time. I hope you can stay the course. It is so hard and everyone here knows that. This is a great place to be-so glad I found it.

Comment

First Time Here...

Hi Anne
              Good to meet you. Yes, I totally agree about the recognition bit. Been in solitary denial for so flippin long. Like you, my entire adult life has been shared with booze! I think that's what I've found so hard to admit which has kept me at it - hiding basically.

Where are you at now? I had an awful day as I relapsed on only day 3! But my head has finally cleared so back posting as it helps me so much. I feel truly blessed to have found this site. Such amazing support from non-judgemental people who really do know. I don't feel alone anymore :-)

Excited now about starting again tomorrow. Had a false start but stood as a good reminder. Tucked up in bed now ready to begin Jason Vale's book.

I wish you all the very best - let me know how you go :-)

Comment

First Time Here...

Cantbelieve, glad to hear you so positive again and absolutely delighted you are reading the book. I look forward to hearing from you over the next couple of days.
                IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
                Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

First Time Here...

Thanks Daisy! Will keep you posted

Comment

Working...
                  X