I am going to be a winner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Ronnie - just wanted to add my two cents worth as well. This of course, is my own opinion but I wanted to say how things look from here. You have to concentrate on your sobriety. That is first and foremost. Yes, you have to take care of your children and your home, but please make sure you take very good care of yourself as well. Ignore the negative vibes from your husband. He doesn't understand how hard it is because he's never had a problem with AL. So, since you know you won't get anywhere with him, as far as affections and such go, don't go seeking them. It will only make you feel rejected and give him the chance to say something belittling. That part of your life is what it is and it doesn't look like you will be seeing any positive change from your husband's side. Accept it and move forward. That's the best thing you can do for YOU. Don't let things you can't change pull you down. Make a plan, as Lavande said and stick close to the boards when you're struggling. In fact, other members often say that checking in to MWO every day is one of the things that helps them stay sober. As I've said before, there is always someone here to lend and ear and support when you need them.

Best of luck, Ronnie.

And I'm looking forward to see KTAB pole dance....

For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
    AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Thanks Stirly, you have been a great help and I just LOVE that picture now all I can think about is KTAB dressed up.....lol
      Well start of day 2 for me and I am going back to work today after my hols and it will be the first time I see my bosses after handing in my notice....that should be fun!!!!!
      I will check back in tonight
      Thank you for everyone for your kind words and support
      ronnie
      xxxx
      :dancin: enguin:
      starting over

Comment

Well work was very busy but all the bosses were really nice...to my suprise....
        Things in the Ronnie house are looking a bit better.....at least hubbie is talking to me...sort of....but I am not going to expect anything wonderful from him...it takes too much effort when you get let down again and again.
        But on the whole I am feeling good, I have my first tee ball training tomorrow (I am a coach, and it is baseball but for kids)...just incase no-one knew what tee ball was.....lol
        Well im off to watch the rest of x factor with my boys
        Hope you all have a good day/night
        Ronnie
        xxx
        starting over

Comment

Thanks Zens in a way that is what I am hoping for.....(but I am not putting to much hope into it) like you said, I am just going to concentrate on myself...and my boys of course.
          I am feeling really good today and I am going to make sure that it lasts all day....lol
          Well I will check in tonight after running around with 12 tee ball kids....lets hope I survive!!!!!!
          Ronnie xxxxx
          starting over

Comment

Well I survived the training and I must say it went really well.
            I had a couple of cravings tonight but I am glad to say that I stayed strong and got throught them, which mean that I can wake up in the morning and feel even more proud of myself than I did today......yey....
            Thanks everyone xxxxx
            starting over

Comment

Ronnie, adding my support here and lovely to see you.

Never had a grass skirt,looking forward to it.
              It could be worse, I could be filing.
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

:goodjob:Ronnie on getting through those cravings. Good to hear you sounding so positive. Ditto to what Zen said about the hubby. You are your own feel-good factor. Focus as much as you can on the positive things in your life. That's one of the best things you can do for yourself. Sending you :huggy
                For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Fantastic Ronnie,

You are on the up!! Keep it up!!

Patrice
                  xx

Comment

Just found your thread Ronns.
                    Get it going on girl!
                    If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                    Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Hi Ronnie,
                      I'm a bit late coming to this thread, but I've been reading your story since you first posted. When I first quit a couple of months ago, the first week or so was bad with cravings, but like you, when I got through them and went to bed sober, and most of all woke up feeling great, it was all worth it. That always helped me get through the next bout of cravings. Keep it up!
                      Good habits breed good habits; bad habits breed bad habits.

Comment

I am feeling great this morning and thanks for all your support, its a great help knowing that I can come on hear and read positive thoughts, Thankyou
                        Well I will check in tonight as I have to go to work soon but I must say it helps a great deal to keep busy and believe me these past couple of days I have not stopped......lol
                        Once again thankyou guys & girls xxxxxx
                        starting over

Comment

Hi Zen.....I have just started the party off in a new thread.....lol
                          Bet you cant get to the top......
                          starting over

Comment

Hi All,
                            Well I am in a much better place than where I was a week ago
                            I have now been A/F for 1 week and I am feeling great AND even hubbie has started to notice me again...WOW.....but we will just have to wait and see how that one goes.....
                            I would like to thank you all once again for helping me get through this week you have all been great.
                            From a very happy ronnie
                            Take care
                            xxxxx
                            starting over

Comment

Working...
                            X