Sept 11 commitment -- 30 day progress report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We'll it's been 30 days since I decided to try to live a more AF life. In that period, have had 7 alcohol nights, which is less than 25% of the time. For the past nine months, I had averaged drinking 66% of the time (down from 90% of the time the previous year). Am still working to reach 30 consecutive AF days and nights. Will keep posting. Thanks for the encouragement.
    Free at Last
    "What you seek is seeking you." -- Rumi

Highly recommend this video
    http://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_on_vulnerability.html

July 19, 2013 -- the beginning of being Free at Last

FAL - congrats on a much-improved life. You might want to read the book Kick the Drink by Jason Vale. I and quite a few others on the site have had really good results after reading it. Free from the struggle of trying to control alcohol. Your life can be even better! Give it a try - can't hurt!

I also recommend reading Supercrew's posts - great stuff (he's 9 months sober).

Best to you!

Comment

thanks, Unwasted. Just received the book this week and will read over the weekend.
      Free at Last
      "What you seek is seeking you." -- Rumi

Highly recommend this video
      http://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_on_vulnerability.html

July 19, 2013 -- the beginning of being Free at Last

Comment

Congrats on your progress Free! For me, going completely AF was hard, but light years easier than trying to drink just a little. So I really admire your ability to cut down! 30 AF days are certainly within your reach. Believe in yourself and GO FOR IT!

DG
        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
        Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
        X