New girl!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New girl!

Hi everyone! Am new to this, would love a few words of support!

New girl!

Hi Nat, tell us a bit about yourself - there is a lot of support depending on what stage or what type of help you feel you may need.
    IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
    Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

New girl!

I am a person that wants to change. I am so fed up with this lifestyle. Just need to know that there is life after drink x

Comment

New girl!

Hiya Natters, welcome. Yes there is life after alcohol just like there was life before we started drinking it. Life can be as sweet as we want it but unfortunately we have to fight for it and its a hard road. But yes its worth it. We are worth it. This site is amazing and the people on here are too. Enjoy!
        HOUR BY HOUR, DAY BY DAY

Comment

New girl!

Hi Natters - just wanted to say welcome and give you a link to the Toolbox which has lots of helpful information scattered about -- be sure to scroll through the different pages because stuff gets buried.

There's lots of support here - I would suggest reading and posting a lot. I tried to moderate for a year, but never was successful with feeling good about drinking. I had decided to stop when I ran across the book Kick the Drink by Jason Vale. For the first time, I haven't been tempted to drink - he really addresses the mental aspect of drinking and gives you tools to be very happy about quitting. A lot of other people here have also had success since reading it.

Best to you! - Here's a link to the Toolbox. Also, the Newbie's nest is a good support place.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html

Comment

New girl!

So great to have some lovely messages x

Comment

New girl!

:welcome: Natters!
              Yes there is certainly like after drinking but I understand your concern, I didn't know how to function in the world without a drink in my hand and couldnt imagine it. After abusing alcohol for nearly 30 years I'm absolutely loving my new life and now couldn't imagine for a 2nd going back to that misery!

Chill
              "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
              AF - JAN 1st 2010
              NF - May 1996

Comment

New girl!

Hi Natters,

Glad you found us
                MWO is a good place! Read the MWO book (I downloaded it from the Health store here), make yourself a good plan utilizing the ideas in the https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html

I have been AF for 2 1/2 years & am happy & most grateful - you can do it too
                Visit us in the Newbies Nest thread too for more support.

Wishing you the best!

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

New girl!

:welcome:

You found a great place! Post questions and check in often!!

Boh
                  http://www.aahistory.com/days.html

Round 1 - AF/NF Sept 29, 2011-June 23, 2012

Round 2 - AF/NF October 6, 2012-December 2012

Round 3 - AF/NF January 5, 2014 - ????

Third times a charm!

Comment

New girl!

Hi Natters and welcome from me, too. There is not only life after giving up AL, life gets so much better! Don't forget to drink lots of water. L-glutamine helped me with cravings, and come here often.
                    Good habits breed good habits; bad habits breed bad habits.

Comment

New girl!

Thanks for all the lovely messages

Comment

New girl!

Welcome to the group Natters. You can beat this and live life af. Just take it odaat and set up a plan and stick to it.
                        I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

New girl!

Hi Natters,
                          Welcome from me too! I've just found this site and the people are sooooo lovely. Helped to make me feel I really can do this.
                          Good luck to you
                          You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

New girl!

Ordered my Jason Vale book, is it good? X

Comment

New girl!

Natters, amazingly helpful book that will turn your mental addiction around.

Comment

Working...
                              X