Please allow a story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please allow a story

I feel like I need to tell this story. Last Thursday I was out at several bars and ended up at one close to home. Not sure what happened but of course I was blind drunk and the next thing I knew I was outside with the manager waiting for a cab. I remember asking him what I did and realizing as I asked it that my speech was not right. He was disgusted. I was all dressed up-typical older drunk woman I guess.??
    ANYWAY the cab came and brought me home. I then decided to walk over there and get my car (which I would need early the next morning) . After half a block I knew this was dumb so I went next door to my wonderful Christian lady neighbor and asked her to give me a ride over there to get my car. She took me there and I managed to get back home.
    Today I left a note on her door apologizing for involving her in a stupid dangerous bunch of crap and said I am getting help. She knocked on my door this evening with a book and an invitation to support groups her church does for people with any sort of problem.
    She is a wonderful person and I'm surprised I kept it together to talk to her.
    Usually when people are kind to me it makes me cry.
    SO....off I go on the healing path. Ordered new running shoes to hit the road again.
    Thank youeveryone for being here and letting me share this most recent awful story.

Please allow a story

Hi Anne, welcome. Thanks for your story. We all have shocking stories that make us cringe in the light of day. Sharing definately helps. Good for you on deciding to do the hard yards. Its worth it! This site is just a god send and a sanctuary where we can all come and bare all with no judgement.
    I hope you stay with us on your journey.
    Luv Pink
    HOUR BY HOUR, DAY BY DAY

Comment

Please allow a story

Ann, I'm sure your neighbor is being nice, but you deserve NOT to feel like you have to go to her church if you don't want to. If you're religious or want that kind of help, then that's peachy. I would just not let "guilt" send you that direction unless you want to go there. My two cents.

Comment

Please allow a story

Hey Unwasted

I get what you are saying and no I am not religious, and I have no intention of hanging out
        at church. I will read the book ( at least some of it ) for suggestions re: making positive changes,healing etc. I am agnostic if not atheist, and the way I see it I don't have the ability
        to rely on blind faith, or suspension of disbelief.
        Maybe it would be nice to be the kind of person who can grasp what I consider a geographically based fairy tale and base their whole life on it. After all, had she been born in Kabul instead of NC she would certainly not be Christian.
        BUT I appreciate what a good person she is. I do have guilt but not enough to spend time in a situation that does not nourish me.
        Thank you for your input. I love this place!

Comment

Please allow a story

Ann I just wanted to say :welcome: to MWO - this place was truly my Godsend.
          Chill
          "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
          AF - JAN 1st 2010
          NF - May 1996

Comment

Please allow a story

Ann,

Sounds like what happened to you last week was truly your breaking point!
            Be grateful that you were not hurt & that a neighbor reached out to offer you a hand.
            You can now put together a workable plan for yourself using the ideas in the https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html. I did & it worked great for me & for many others here.

I had to work up a strong commitment to change & a plan that would work for me. You can do the same.

Wishing you the best, you have lots of company & support here :l

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
            X