teetotal as of today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

teetotal as of today

Well i've finally realised I have a problem with alcohol and I want to totally abstain, I don't do things by halfs.
    I have been drinking too much for many years, but always justified it. After it ruined Christmas I decided to completeley stop as well as the cigarettes. From what I have read, people seem to really enjoy total abstainance (including Robbie Williams). I've been getting so drunk i've blacked out or been totally inhibited. After a sleepless night last night I painfully realised that all my worst times have been due to drinking too much. Anyway i'm pleased to find this site and hi all.

teetotal as of today

Welcome Stoatqueen,
    I must compliment you on your name. Sorry I had to leave chat, but I was on far too long today. Welcome to the board. You have landed in a wonderful place. Read the boards LOTS and post a lot too. You will find an awful lot of wonderful information. Check out drinktracker ... it is under Tools. Also, dig through all the main headings ... you have lots of reading to do!!

Welcome, and big hugs ...
    Pansy

Comment

teetotal as of today

Welcome Stoatqueen.
      A lot of us share the same goal of becoming alcohol free. Especially when you realize the impact it has on your family etc. That's what made me decide to go AF on Jan 1st. I'm tired of the mood swings, feeling like crap, blacking out, not remembering and I can actually see my personality shift when I drink too much.
      Alot of people are abstaining completely even after the 30 days and some choose moderation. Whatever your goal is, you've found a good place.
      "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

teetotal as of today

Welcome SQ-

All the best to you. Life will be better, for sure, without alcohol.

lucky

Comment

teetotal as of today

Hi SQ.....

What you said about all your worst times having to do wifh being drunk eally struck a chord with me. So many bad things have happened to me through drinking too much and it's just not worth it. Life is better now for me....and for you too, I hope.

Comment

teetotal as of today

Hi Paul

Well it's only my first day but I do feel better because I really mean it when I say i'm changing my ways. I don't want anymore hangovers, alcohol remourse and the feeling at 5 am what have I done, and the paranoia. Now i'm on a role with admiting how bad it's been. I have in fact always managed to hold down a stressful job, look after two young children and keep the house tidy (some of time). I'll hopefully find i'm still witty and interesting sober. Best wishes

Comment

teetotal as of today

hi Pansy

pansy wrote: Welcome Stoatqueen,
              I must compliment you on your name. Sorry I had to leave chat, but I was on far too long today. Welcome to the board. You have landed in a wonderful place. Read the boards LOTS and post a lot too. You will find an awful lot of wonderful information. Check out drinktracker ... it is under Tools. Also, dig through all the main headings ... you have lots of reading to do!!

Welcome, and big hugs ...
              Pansy
              Thanks for reply, i'm really loving this site already, just what i need. I can't seem to find drinktracker or tools anywhere, i'm probalby being dumb, but i am defo sober yay!

Comment

teetotal as of today

Hi,

Funny thing but I found I was wittier- quicker on the comeback - when not drinking.

Cheers

Cashy
                "Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans" - John Lennon

Comment

teetotal as of today

Hi her majesty right royal rodent.........NICE to see you.....to see you nice....Yup, I must agree, for me, abs is the only way to go...some people go this way, and some do mods, but I CANNOT control...I don't drink to savour the bouquet, or comment on how stably/saddley/blackberry like...... the old vino...I don't even think I like the taste that much....I drink to get drunk, end of story.
                  Pans is right, there is a lot of reading to do, but luckily it's all good, interesting, helpful stuff. Take advantage of it, it is definitely easier with the meds and supps, reading material and exercise progs...and of course EVERY little lump of preciousness on this website....I am a newie, and know only too well how helpful everybody is here...I am now on my 20th day of AF...(yes, the guiness book of records is calling)..it hasn't always been easy by any means, but this site has stopped me giving up and having 'just that one'....there is ALWAYS someone on line as everyone lives all over the place, so wotever time you need an ear, just log on...You really couldn't get a better bunch...glad you're here!!!!! The Melon

Comment

teetotal as of today

Hi & :welcome:

You really have found the right place, Like you I was passing out, feeling lousy, paranoid, etc, but because I was also holding down a full time job so it took a lot of admitting.....

The people here are just brilliant...

Keep posting and reading......

Take care, Paula xx
                    sigpicXXX

Comment

teetotal as of today

Save me a seat...I'm not far behind
                      Every man has the right to tend to his garden.

Comment

teetotal as of today

Hi,

I am 2 days behind you. And am so happy to have found this site. All my bad actions and memories involve alcohol - I am addicted to something that is bad for me and ruining my life and relationships. Yesterday was my birthday I got so drunk I fell over and don't remember coming home.

Abstinance is the only way for me as I know I cannot drink in moderation.

I am so looking forward to my life with no alcohol and am excited to think I will wake up with a clear head and not wonder what I said/ did/ who did I offend/ how embarassing was I etc. My future is full of possibilities and opportunities.

I have not even gone one day without drink yet but I know I will!

Louie

Comment

Working...
                        X