Interested in help - total newby here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still drinking solidly and have a doc that has prescribed the "a" drug which seems to not have working well with many of you. I would like advice on both prescription and herbal rememdies to help me kick this thing.

I have found over the past few years that I cannot maintain abstinence nor regulation through current menthods and I know, know, know, there is something wrong with my brain.

I am relativley but not capable of kicking this bitch.

I take Effexor, and Atenolol.

I want to hear about Topamax and the other supliments which help. I also want to make a planned attack but I get major anxiety problems when I am not drinking which scare the living shit out of me.

I'm also on Xanax at night time to put me out but I only take half, if that, of my dosage when I'm drinking. I have always suffered from insomia since I was a young child.

I used to eat too much and was bulimic when I was a teenager and turned to alcohol to stop this.

I think I may be bi-pilor 2 as the mother I take care of is severely bipolar with many other problems incuding diabetes and loads of other physiclogical problems. She is 72 and now has kidney problems as well.

When I go AF I have horrible thoughts and if I sleep, the dreams are horrific.

I need to pass out and come too. I am dying as I nearly had a total organ failure early this year and was in hospital for some time on "nil by mouth" whilst they worked out whether I should have my gall bladder out. Got realesed and I was find but the doctors said I was killing myself.

I'm still fully drinking and don't want to be here. I drink so much that without benzos, I will go through withdrawal that is just too much to go through again but NOT again.

I need a plan because I'm too scared.

WTF - I think I'm going to die which ofcourse I will. It would be nice to face the world without this crap on my back. I look like shit and it isn't doing anything for my self-confidence which just doesn't exist. I'm going to die without some help soon.

I'm 48 and a half.

Sorry, but I think this is a genetic and brain problem and I want help.

Anyone intersted, it would be appreciated if you replied to me. I'm a mess.

If you read all this, thank you.

Equivoque.

xxxxxx

thanks for your input when you can.

Comment

completely in tears. I wish someone would talk to me. I am terrified about what I am contemplating. Are there any helpers here or I am in the wrong place.

Comment

Most of you guys are in day time. I'm in the dreaded night time. It's scary.

Comment

There is no way I will kill myself. Not doing that..... albeit slowly. I need some body to hear me.

Comment

Hi Equivoque. There will be more people along shortly. I am so glad you found us. People will definitely hear you!

DG
            Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
            Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

You still there??? I read ur posts and hear you!! Helllooooo!!

Comment

Something you posted caught my eye. You said you think you might be bi-polar? I'm wondering if you are seeing an actual psychiatrist or if the meds you are currently taking have been prescribed by a psychiatrist or a regular MD?

I have a friend who went for many years untreated for bi-polar. He was also a raging alcoholic/addict and was FINALLY properly diagnosed when he went to prison for the AL/Drug induced crimes. He has been out of prison for several years now and so long as he takes his mood stabilizing medication properly, he is able to function normally and has also been free of AL/drugs for 8 years now.

There is so much hope! The thing with some of the psych issues though is making sure you get a correct diagnosis and correct meds. I'm sorry if I'm over stepping bounds by going on about that!

DG
                Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

I'm here. AND thankyou

Comment

I think you should go into the newbies nest....theres plenty of senior members that will answer you there....they can send you info on topomax etc as i dont take those.....Hope you'll be alright....how you feeling now? It can be very hard but does get better each day you manage.....hang in there, im here if ya wanna chat or rant xx

Comment

Mum is really bipolar and I look after her, apparently I'm BP 2. It's genetic but mum is really bipolar.

The apple doesnt fall far from the tree - she is really fat and Im scared of that but I've been drinking so much, I'm really packing it on.

Comment

You sound like ur having a pretty shitty time there! Do you get out at all??? I find fresh air, a walk and drinking lots of water help...when i crave alcohol i just put my coat on and go walking. Not sure if you find that helpful tho

Comment

Topomax is only allowed in Australia as an Migrane treatment. I might have to order it online I do get migranes but they don't allow the strengths that are reccomeneded.

Comment

no I don't get out but I used to.

Comment

do you know how to get topomax because my gp will suppliment valium for a short term to get me over the you know.

Comment

Working...
                              X