i need some help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i need some help

i just want to know,is it possible 2 control it,can i really moderate it,how can i do this,let me know,i need all the help i can get,tanx:thanks:

i need some help

Liverpool,
    Yes, you can control it. Some people can moderate, but speaking only for myself I know I can't. I also don't want to. Life without drinking is so much better, so much more interesting, and so much healthier that I have no desire to go back to the prison and trap that is drinking.
    It would help if you could tell us more about your drinking. How much do you drink, what are your reasons for wanting to quit, what help can we offer to you? Try Newbies Nest, too, they are a great source of help and information for those new to these boards. Good luck and check back frequently. You will be amazed at how many helpful responses you will have soon.
    Good habits breed good habits; bad habits breed bad habits.

Comment

i need some help

Hi Liverpool and welcome. I first found MWO and my true deep down desire was to find a way to drink in a controlled fashion. It was too much for me to imagine a life without ever drinking again. I started out here by downloading and reading the My Way Out book (from the Health Store near the top of the screen). I then ordered the Starter Kit of supplements and abstinence hypnosis CD's and took it from there.

I found out the hard way that moderation really is not an option for me. But that's OK! With the help of the My Way Out program and some other tools, I have found my way to contented sobriety where alcohol no longer controls me. I love it. I hope you find your way out too. The important thing is to do whatever it takes to get AL out of the driver's seat of your life.

DG
      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
      Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

i need some help

Doggy..love the quote!!
        Welcome Liverpool....YES...you can do this
        all of us have stuggled with this insidious drugs and all of us have found different ways of managing it...
        talk to us, check in tons and make some new friends
        I love my family more than alcohol.:h
        Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

i need some help

:welcome: Hi Liverpool, I am still trying to make sense of all this, the site is great stick around and you will get tons of support
          Taking it ODAT

Comment

i need some help

Hi LP,

When I controlled my drinking, I did not enjoy it. When I enjoyed my drinking, I did not control it.

I had to break free from the addiction and don't ever want to go back there again. It is like being in quick sand sinking. Why would I go back to that?

Just my 2 cents!

Be well.

Comment

i need some help

Everyone is different, I agree with the 30 day AF first. I have tried to moderate and failed every time. It is easier to not have to think about it at all.

This site is full of great resources and support, welcome and keep coming back.

Peace

Comment

Working...
              X