Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi - new here and have a couple questions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi everyone, this is my first post on this site...

I've been a daily drinker all my life - yuck. I've had up to 2+ years sober by going to AA meetings. However, I do not want to take that approach this time.

I have been taking antabuse on/off for the last several weeks. Next month, I am traveling overseas and getting an antabuse implant. It scares me, but I'm doing it.

I am curious to know anyone's experience with the Kudzu and CDs sold here on My Way Out. I would like to try both, but first am hoping for feedback on the supplement and second, the CDs are very expensive so I'd like opinions on how helpful they are, or are not.

Thank you!
    Denise

:welcome:

Several folks here have found Antabuse to be an effective tool. An implant would sure take the "do I or don't I" debate off the table.

I got my start on the path to sober living by following all of the recommendations in the My Way Out book, with the exception of using Topomax. Of all the supplements I took (several of which I still take) I personally found Kudzu to be the least helpful, in terms of any difference I could notice. In terms of craving reduction, I found L-Glutamine to be more helpful (although for me it was certainly not magic). I found GABA and L-Tryptophan most helpful for mood. I really like All-One as a comprehensive supplement. I've gone off of it over the years only to keep coming back.

I also liked the hypnosis CDs and found them very relaxing, especially initially when tension and anxiety were running high. I especially liked the Sleep Learning CD.

None of that was magical in terms of making urges and cravings disappear. I do credit those things for "taking the edge off" enough to get going on some AF time.

Funny that you started out with AA and don't want to go back. I started out SWEARING I would NEVER go to AA, and I eventually did, and still go. Just goes to show how different we all are!

Good luck to you,

DG
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Hi hearts,

Welcome to MWO!
      I did not use Rx meds, I didn't even use the Kudzu because I have allergies but I did use the CDs & loved them They do seem a bit expensive but in comparison to the amount of money I was spending on wine ~ not really. They really helped me learn to relax & get my thinking straight.

I have never heard of an Antabuse implant, that's interesting, I'll look it up.
      Wishing you the best & please take a look in our https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html for lots of great ideas to help yuo with your plan.

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
      X