I'm new

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm new

Hello everyone. Just wanted to introduce myself for the first time.

I am on day two. I have had a lot of day 2's, day 20's even months of sobriety but I always seam to relapse.

This time I am taking a different approach.

Yesterday, for the first time I finally went to talk to my doctor about my problem and asked for some type of medication to assist....he prescribed campral.

So this morning I went on line to research campral and came upon My Way Out.

What an awesome forum, I have spent a lot of time on this sight today. This is great read and I just feel like I found a great tool.

Thanks to all who post! talk to you soon.

I'm new

:welcome:Hi Jim 7 and WELCOME

You have found a great tool! This site is literally amazing. You have my upmost respect already for talking to your doctor about this. Keep us updated on your progress with the campral and good luck.

I am Looking forward to getting to know you better.

Comment

I'm new

Jim 7,

Hello & welcome to MWO - this is a good place

Go to the Health store here on the site & download the MWO book. It has a lot of good information for you.
      And be sure to look in our https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html for lots of great ideas to help you make a good plan for yourself. Taking the time to actually sit down & write out a plan really helped me a lot. The MWO Hypno CDs were also very helpful in changing my thinking about drinking & learning to relax without AL on board.

Drop in the Newbies Nest thread for more support!
      Wishing you the best.

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

I'm new

I was a lot like you Jim. I could give up the drink, but I couldn't stay stopped for longer than a few months at a time. That's where the real work lies; in trying to find a new way of looking at life that will also emotionally equip you to deal with it on it's own terms. Take all the support you can get or what's on offer. Alcoholism is a killer.

Blessings
        "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
        Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

I'm new

Hi Jim and welcome! This site has been invaluable in my own journey to sober living. I hope it helps you too. Good for you coming clean with your doctor and asking for help. That can be really difficult. Shows how much you really want this change. That will help you along!

DG
          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
          Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

I'm new

Welcome Jim--good for you taking a next step to getting where you want to be (campral and finding MWO) and this is an awesome site! Like you I seem to have no problem going af for periods of time. The problem lies with "if there is a problem WHEN you drink, and this can vary for folks too. The key, is in determining how how you want to behave when you do drink and respect yourself I think. I commend you for deciding you never want to drink again and I wish you the best in achieving your goals.:goodjob::welcome:
            Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

I'm new

Hi Jim,
              I just wanted to join in on welcoming you, we're glad you're here. You will find that anything you have experienced, there is someone on here that has been through the same thing. It's such a good feeling to know that there are others that understand. Focus on how you felt during your bouts of sobriety, and don't let thoughts of alcohol take root in your mind. Yes they come up, but get rid of them quickly. Stick close to these forums too, you will find so much support and encouragment. Let us know how you are doing on your journey.
              K9
              :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

I'm new

Wow! thanks you guys.

Its a great feeling coming into work white eyed and ready and then seeing these replies.
                This honeymoon feeling is something I need for the rest of my life. I have a lot of work ahead of me. I really want to do it, for myself and a lot of other people in my life, especially family.

I plan to download the MWO book today and check out the tools.

I have stumbled onto something great here.

Thanks again and have a great day!

Comment

I'm new

Welcome Jim,

This site is great! Keep coming back.

Peace

Comment

I'm new

hey JIM, good to have you here. don't be afraid to tell us your story. trust me anything you have done we have also. that is what i like best about this site. I thought i was alone in my illness and hiding my drinking, and having embarassing drunken moment, financial issues all due to AL. but no everyone here has seen it, done it and wore the T shirt..

oh and i think the thread that really made me a believer was the one about "where do you hide your liqour bottles" i was amazed because i was hiding mine in all the same places.

good luck and keep coming back
                    caper
                    caper
                    AF since Sept 2013...
                    :alf:

Comment

I'm new

hey Jim. Glad you came back, and glad you will be joining us! My own journey was made possible by this site. My journey has led me in so many wonderful new directions in life and I've met so many great people. I hope it works that way for you too. Life is NOTHING today like it was when I was in the hell pit with AL every day.

DG
                      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                      Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

I'm new

Hi Jim!
                        How are you doing today? Let us know how your journey is going so far. We are definitely rooting for you!
                        K9
                        :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

I'm new

Nice of you to aks...I am doing really well today.........today is day 7.

I posted on 30 AF post earlier today. I am staying busy, staying close to family and taking campral...so far this is all working, atleast for early days. Gotta stay focus on the long term.

My wife is talking to me again so things are looking up...when I'm happy the family is happy. Worked on my 16 yr old sons car yesterday and he thanked me...he hasn't thanked me for anything for a long time....my problem hasn't been good for he and I's relationship lately....there's another reason to fix this problem.

thanks.

Comment

Working...
                          X