Thought to ponder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thought to ponder

I just got back from lunch and I found myself thinking of the little trip me and dh has planned this weekend and planning how nice that little buz would be after a few drinks... Who am I kidding. It would be a 12 pack or more or couple bottles of wine or half bottle of vodka.. Without consciously thinking of it, it happened. Then I thought how bad I would feel the next day. I know it is going to be hard but I really dont want to drink.... I feel so good here on day 3. It feels so easy to do sometimes. But this habit is really working overtime on me.... Grrrrrr..... Thought I would share. The alcohol is killing me and I know this. I want to live. I want to be free. I know I can do it.... It will be hard but I want to fight. I want to be healthy and feel healthy.... Alcohol sux...

Thought to ponder

Shiner, please read the link I've posted here. This book is helping many of us here:

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9...ife-52399.html

We've all been where you are now - the book is worth trying -- can't hurt!

Best to you!

Comment

Thought to ponder

Hi Shiner
      Well done for day 3 it sounds as if you are doing really well, just keep thinking about how good you feel now and how bad you would feel after A/L. I love the way I am feeling right now and I am not going to let A/L get in the way of that. Without A/L you can enjoy lfe so much more and the best thing is that you are in tottal control of things.
      Just my thoughts
      Keep up the good work
      Ronnie
      xx
      :dancin: enguin:
      starting over

Comment

Thought to ponder

Well... The voices in my head were testing me around 5:30... but I went to the store...skipped AL isle and bought some nice shampoo and conditioner instead. Thanks for the book recommendation Unwasted. I'm going to get it...

Ronnie.. thanks for the encouragement. i CAN do this....

Shiner

Comment

Working...
        X