my waking thought

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my waking thought

As I was coming round this morning my waking thought was...what have I got to do today erm drink! a bottle of wine sprung to mind, how awful! I mean I wont drink, I just forgot that i've stopped drinking. It shows the extent of my problem I think as normally it would be the main part of the day, when I could drink, would usually be about 4pm using the excuse of cooking tea.

my waking thought

Hi stoatqueen, It just shows you how strong the mind is...I gave up smoking over 7 years ago and even now if for instance I've just finished about 2 hours ironing the first thought that comes into my mind is " right, put this lot away then have a cup of tea and a cigarette and a quick read of the paper " WHY?...It shows me we can never fully relax, we always have to be ready for these type of thoughts and be ready to deal with them....It does get easier though....I Promise..
    A F F L..
    Alcohol Free For Life

Comment

my waking thought

Hello Irishlady,

I was trying to give up fags at smae time as booze, but i've failed on that one today, i'm not giving myself hard time though, probably was too much too soon. I was receiving vile texts from my ex huspband, we fell out on xmas day because i was so drunk i asked him to apolagise for trying to kill me. The truth will out, but if i was sober i would of kept my mouth shut.

Comment

my waking thought

You need some help with such a gargantuan task. Get the book. You can download it from this site. Read it, and just move ahead. That's what we have done, and we've found a new life. We're here for you.

Comment

Working...
        X