new here and new to bac

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new here and new to bac

Hi everyone:new: and love this site and all you people already, as i know we,v all been through hell or are still there tring to get out. Like most peolpe i have tried everything to stop my cronic drinking, which for me has been over 20 years, 20 years of sheer hell and heart brake, i have just finally found a doctor that has prescribed me baclofen and for the first time in my life i feel optermistic, i know its early days but wow the firts day i started my bac 5mgx 3 times daily i felt a change and with the help of 30mg of oxazepam i slept like a baby for 7 hours now for me thats a miracal. I would love to here from other people recovering and any advise along the way, iv got to do it this time as my liver count is way past 450 mark. All comments apprecated. sorry for my bad spelling:thanks::h

new here and new to bac

Hi dags! :welcome: I am so happy for you that you are feeling hope and optimism about your recovery. There are lots of people here who have successfully used bac as one of their tools to stop drinking. Make sure you find the Meds section if/when you have questions that are specific to your medication.

Mean time, the My Way Out book is a good read and that was what got me going on the journey. A different med is suggested so you could ignore that part for now, but lots of other great info about correcting nutritional deficiencies, diet, exercise, hypnotherapy, all of which really helped me get going on the road to sobriety. You can download that from the Health store if you are interested.

There is also a toolbox thread with lots of great ideas contributed by members here. Here's a link. https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html

Good luck! Post often - looking forward to getting to know you.

DG
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

new here and new to bac

welcome!

Hi Dags:welcome:Nice to see you here..good luck and you ve come to the right place x

Comment

new here and new to bac

Hi Dags - welcome. Have you also taken a look at the meds thread? I think there are quite a few people posting there who are having success with bac. Here's a link:

Topamax, Campral, Naltrexone, Baclofen, other meds - My Way Out Forums

Comment

new here and new to bac

Hi, Doggy girl, glasgow-lover and unwasted nice to meet you thanks for replying and thanks for the info, i am not sure how to use this forum yet so i hope you all get my reply. I am looking forward to getting to know you and THANK YOU for your support i carnt talk to anybody else about this because as you know nobody understands us. Thanks dags

Comment

Working...
          X