Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fighting Temptation

Had a struggle with myself today.
    Friends going down the pub to watch the games etc. Thinking to myself would be fine to go etc.
    However thought it through, weighed up pros and cons etc etc. Study, run later on, gym tomorrow evening, work tomorrow & study tomorrow would all be down the drain or seriously impaired if I went to the pub. Didn't go in the end..
    Did a bit of studying, am going to go for a bit of a run (in the pouring rain) and make myself a nice dinner.
    A few weeks ago I wouldn't have out muself through that thought process. Hopefully as time progresses that comes more naturally and easier.

Fighting Temptation

:goodjob:Every temptation we conquer is one step closer. We need to do what is right for us, especially in the begininng. Good for you.

Peace

Comment

Fighting Temptation

:yay:Stompy,

That's fantastic. I find it really hard sometimes to listen to that little voice in my head that says" Do what you want to do" and not what someone else wants you to do. YOU DID IT......Yay....

Comment

Fighting Temptation

Congrats Stompy....truly insperational. Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Fighting Temptation

I'm with you on this one! I am fighting that voice right now. I am cooking up a storm and plan to take a shower and clean and do ANYTHING but GIVE IN. Great job posting and fighting the urge. Good for you being so dedicated as to run in the rain. I hope to become that disciplined in my health care regimen soon. :lGina

Comment

Fighting Temptation

goof job Stompy....hang in there Georgi...you just did 7 days AF...remember?????
            I love my family more than alcohol.:h
            Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Fighting Temptation

mama bear;1197171 wrote: goof job Stompy....hang in there Georgi...you just did 7 days AF...remember?????
              Thanks,
              went for run etc..
              Sitting here relaxing now and wondering how I even considered going drinking.
              Good decisions - in a good place.

Comment

Fighting Temptation

:goodjob: Stompy!
                Keep up the great work & be proud
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Fighting Temptation

Hey fantastic Stompy!!!

Comment