running on empty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

running on empty

This is my first post. I've been alcohol-dependent for many years. I've tried various things _ l-Glutamine, Baclofen (admittedly I only titrated to 225 mg of baclofen when getting supplies became a problem).

I then heard of naltrexone and the Sinclair Method. This seemed to be the answer for me. I finally got a doctor to prescribe naltrexone only to discover I have a bad reaction to the drug. It sends me into an almost hallucinatory state. Has anyone else had the same reaction?

So at the moment I don't know what to do next. I don't want to go into detox and rehab - I don't think they provide a long term solution. Maybe I should try baclofen again even if I have to buy online.:new:

running on empty

Hi Diehard - I'm glad you found this site - there are so many helpful and friendly people here. I am going to link to the Meds section of the website as you'll have a direct link to folks who have more experience with the meds you're mentioning. Topamax, Campral, Naltrexone, Baclofen, other meds - My Way Out Forums

Also, have you looked through the toolbox? There are so many helpful suggestions there - weapons to use - to help in stopping drinking....oh sheesh, I don't know where the toolbox is! Can someone help?

Best of luck to you and post some more!
    ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Working...
    X