Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here I go again...

I read your post :l

Wagoneer;1197496 wrote: Best of luck to you Mauri - you can do this. I recently failed after 11 months sober and feel so sad. Let's do this together.
    Taking it ODAT

Comment

Here I go again...

Well done on your completing day one, I too am in the north of england and am struggling really really bad. Feel so so fed up with this constant meri-go-round of last night... will stop tom .. last night will stop tom.... last night will stop tomorrow. Really really worried that I am now a full blown AL dependant such an idiot

Comment

Here I go again...

HI tiredofthis where in North are you? I am in Huddersfield, wishing you success on this rocky road :l

I am feeling a lot better than I did last night, kept myself busy all day today cooking food for my DDs birthday on Friday (made samosas and onion bhajis from scratch) and washing all the bedding and cushion covers in the house, I have given myself a bad back standing up too long though and now on the sofa with a wheat bag :upset: Feeling strong on the AL front so far so good...
        Taking it ODAT

Comment

Here I go again...

You can do this Mauri, I too am on day 2

Comment

Here I go again...

Thanks Mya x

Well I I have made it to day 3, had awful sweats in the night last night (sorry if tmi :blush but I feel ok this morning, my back has loosened up a bit so going to take it easy today, going out with a friend this morning whilst my son is at his grandparents so looking forward to that then if the weather is nice will take him out to the park this aft.

I feel really exhausted at the moment, hoping that it is just my boday recovering? I could sleep for England! AF plan for tonight is to get some lovely tomato juice and have a virgin mary in the bath reading my book, I love them!
            Taking it ODAT

Comment

Here I go again...

OOh I have an order for some painted glass jars, I took some of my hennaed picture frames and candles into a moroccan tea shop my friend frequents this morning and they want me to customize some spice jars for them I am sooooo happy! gotta stay sober now!
              Taking it ODAT

Comment

Here I go again...

they sound lovely Mauri I'd love to see when they're done!
                ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Here I go again...

A cloud has descended over me, had a big row with my DH this afternoon and feeling really down, determined not to drink though...:upset:
                  Taking it ODAT

Comment

Here I go again...

Hi Mauri,
                    Sorry to hear you?re having a difficult time right now. Life is full of ups and downs, as you know. I don?t have any relationship advice, as I?ve been single for longer than I can remember. All I can say is that drinking won?t help anything, it will only add to the problem. If you drink, you may say and do things that you don?t mean and will later regret, and you?ll wake up with a hangover to boot. And the problem will still be there. I?m sure whatever you and the hubby are going through will pass, and if you get through it sober, you?ll have come out the other side stronger. Keep yourself busy and ride it out. You?ll be glad you did tomorrow.
                    :h:h:h
                    K9
                    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Here I go again...

mauritiusdodo;1198314 wrote: A cloud has descended over me, had a big row with my DH this afternoon and feeling really down, determined not to drink though...:upset:
                      Hi Mauri. I too am sorry to read you are having a difficult day. Ups and downs are part of life, and we have to figure out how to work through this stuff without drinking.

So when stuff like this happens (fight with DH), what is your plan? What do you do to help ensure you won't pick up a drink?

DG
                      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                      Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Here I go again...

thanks ladies, we have made up now, unfortunately the row was all over the time recently when i was really drunk so my fault really :blush: I didn't drink last night and am really pleased with myself although I was really bored I was busy making food for Friday and my new obsession - making gift bags out of free wallpaper samples :H but I find it really hard not to be having a drink whilst doing whatever it is - I did have a nice glass of elderflower water but somehow it isn't the same I dunno how I am going to adjust I AM really trying to re-think but it is just so hard!!

Today I need to pop out and get an 18th helium balloon for DD and pick up a couple of fresh food items then loads of house chores to get through, DD and her new boyfriend are coming over at lunchtime so will be v busy all day!

I am worried now how I am going to go on tomorrow - we are having an open house for dd's birthday and normally the wine would be free flowing and I would be partaking... DH and I have decided to buy in the bare minimum of AL and hopefully not be tempted, out of the people coming I can only foresee two of them having an alcoholic drink, my step dad and my friends hubby who both drink beer but I feel like I need to have some wine in 'in case' anyone wants some!
                        Taking it ODAT

Comment

Here I go again...

Hi Mauri,

I'm sure you will make it through.. its just a little test.
                          I am on day 2, as yet not getting any easier but I'm sure it will

Take Care
                          Patrice

Comment

Working...
                          X