Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For everyone here from every thread.. and I am naming NAMES!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

:hHiya

Sorry, had to use that title to get a bit of attention!!!

I have started again today and I guess I just really want to thank a few people here as I have now been here for 2 years, and everyone here has helped me, all of you, to finally and deeply come to the decision to not drink today...

Techie - you are very special and have helped me so much, with no judgement. I hang onto your every word..

Doggy girl, Mario and Jackie Clare - clarity, wisdom and so much empathetic, practical and real life advice... Again every word you guys write resonates with me ... again... sans any judgement. Molly, One2 many, Ringing Cedars, Determinator, Prop Chief , Ian, Tony, Rusty...For the spiritual and complete encouragement - I love the newbies nest and Lavande, Chill, Zen, Rust et al

And for the new guys - Ronnie, Unwasted
    Mauri, Shue
    , mmm and that guy begining with "S" who is very knowledgeable, and Greg
    - very inspiring. Also all the NZ guys and girls.

And lastly, something that has stuck in my mind are the posts from Guitarista
    - Punter Ones.. they are the ones that lately have made me think so deeply and they all are so inspiring. Thank you

I have been procrastinting so long.. its time now..... Had the best and last motivation, the saddest motivation yesterday. Dad is dying and I want to be sober when he dies..
    Booked a ticket for the homeland in 6 weeks, want to be well, and if I am drinking, I cannot be well or a support

Thank you all for your cumulative effect, means SO much

Take Care
    Patrice xx

aww that's a lovely post, and I am sorry to hear about your dad, and I hope you manage to stick to your plans with the help of everyone who has supported you
    x
    I have a drink problem, I have been AF since 15 March 2011 and I am working hard to stay that way

They don't call me Pingu Purple Pants for nothing....

Comment

I am so sorry to hear about your Dad :l that is a lovely post, Day one for me (again) too so I will be sticking close to the boards for support and to offer any help I can to anyone else - you can do it! :l
      Taking it ODAT

Comment

well I'm 7 months down the line so if anyone wants to scream at me I can take it...... and I'm a computer addict so on here a lot more than I should be LOL....

I'm up for this mutual support thing, I wish I'd found this site earlier than 3 months in when I was bashing the walls and begging for some wine

take care all, day 1 is much better than day -1 (I think that's what I meant...)
        I have a drink problem, I have been AF since 15 March 2011 and I am working hard to stay that way

They don't call me Pingu Purple Pants for nothing....

Comment

Well done on your 7 months pingu! :goodjob:
          Taking it ODAT

Comment

Patrice, just wanted to chime in to say what a lovely post. I'm sorry about your dad - I am having issues with mine as well and can relate. Here's wishing you well in being able to deal with all the issues that come along with what you're going through.

Big hugs:l

Comment

Patrice, that is a lovely post, you know that you can beat this and it sounds like you are now determind to do so. I am sorry to hear about your Dad, stay strong, and stay close to MWO.
              You sound like a lovely person and I hope you achieve all your goals
              Ronnie
              xxxx
              :dancin: enguin:
              starting over

Comment

Aww you a love, Patrice :l

So sorry to here about you father. In all honesty the death of my father knocked me sideways and not a day goes by when I don't miss him, but now I'm AF I can remember him with smiles and love.

So we've now got 6 weeks to get you bright eyed and healthy. Have a look back on your previous plan https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...ady-52719.html and see if it needs a bit of tweaking.

You can do this Patrice. You know I have every faith in you.

J x
                :l
                It could be worse, I could be filing.
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Patrice, even though I havent been one of the people that have helped you on this site, I feel for you and your dads situation. I am sending you my prayers and best of luck. Peace

Comment

patrice,

I'm glad that we've gotten your attention & wish you the best :l

I am sorry that your Dad is nearing the end of life, that is something we all have to face. Learning to deal with life's good & bad in a clean & sober manner is why we are all here.

Wishing you the best!

Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Patrice - I joined MWO around the same time you did and it has been the biggest Godsend to me in so many ways. Not just in keeping me sober but in times of crisis I have been able to vent and get the love and support I needed. I hope you will lean on us in this especially hard time for you and that you get through it AF which would be a wonderful testament to your Dad. Sending you much strength and love.

Chill
                      "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                      AF - JAN 1st 2010
                      NF - May 1996

Comment

Hi Patrice--very sorry about your Dad. As Lav said, this is a difficult part of the circle of life. You are honouring yourself and him going to him sober. I too wish you strength, love and all the best. Many thanks for the honourable mention in your post as well.
                        Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

Good luck to you and your Father! and thank you for the mention. I wish you well, stay strong!

Comment

Working...
                          X