What do you hope to gain?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And I'm the third one with her head up her ass. :H Yes, stay out of the shop PF and go get that pizza instead. You will feel so much better in the morning. I had dinner with hubby tonight and then went for a beautiful walk with the moon shining on the water. Spectacular! I'll take that over wine any day of the week. Ooooo...maybe my heads coming out a little. You go Belle. You can do it! We can be each other's cheeleaders.:yougo:
    "What's so funny 'bout peace, love and understanding." Elvis Costello

Comment

Can't Believe, you can join our club and be the 4th. Have a good sleep.

Comment

Yay! Who knew?! A "Heads Up Our Arse" Club! Arse sounded better...
        That popping sound you hear is me attempting to remove my head from my arse. It's been there for years so this may take a while.
        Admitting I need healing. And I am not big enough to do this alone.
        AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Love it..."Heads up our arse" club!:H
          BelleGirl

Alcohol does me no favors.

Pouring poison down your throat is just plain STUPID!

Comment

Feeling better
            Looking better
            Dropping the wine weight, including the bloated belly and face. Red eyes and dull skin.
            Waking up without a headache and unquenchable thirst
            Sleeping soundly through the night
            No more waking up at 3AM with pounding heart and guilt
            Remembering what I did the night before
            Reading a novel and remembering what I read
            More time doing the things I love, hobbies, relaxing without AL.
            More quality time with family and spouse
            More energy at work
            Repairing damage done to my body, organs, etc.
            Living longer as AL won't be taking years off my life!

So many things I can't list them all...
            Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
            :h

Comment

Arse does sound better. Ok-"Heads up our Arse Club". But the goal is to get it out some day.

Blonde, so happy to hear you are feeling well. That is a wonderful list of achievements. Congrats.

Comment

You know - that 3 am thing did SUCK. It has been nice to sleep through the night...
                That popping sound you hear is me attempting to remove my head from my arse. It's been there for years so this may take a while.
                AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

PF, MM & BG - loving it - please count me in as the official 4th member of the "Heads up our Arse Club". I'm am hoping to retrieve it in the not too distant future!

CB xxx
                  You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

BlondeAFAmbition;1204961 wrote: Feeling better
                    Looking better
                    Dropping the wine weight, including the bloated belly and face. Red eyes and dull skin.
                    Waking up without a headache and unquenchable thirst
                    Sleeping soundly through the night
                    No more waking up at 3AM with pounding heart and guilt
                    Remembering what I did the night before
                    Reading a novel and remembering what I read
                    More time doing the things I love, hobbies, relaxing without AL.
                    More quality time with family and spouse
                    More energy at work
                    Repairing damage done to my body, organs, etc.
                    Living longer as AL won't be taking years off my life!

So many things I can't list them all...
                    Blonde - I'm loving this too. So much to look forward to. Can't wait to lose the bloody bloat and definitely doing things I love and remember already
                    You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

can i be no 5. i love arses especially cute tight ones lol. not up my arse though. struggling a bit the last few days but reading BAF's post i totally agree and that is how i am feeling too, just get me to 30/11/11 and i will be a very happy woman and proud to be part of MWO with you guys.

we can do this
                      AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Hi all! Great energy on this thread and I too will be in the Head up the Arse club...lol. I really can't believe how much a good night's sober sleep does for you...I've already been up for over an hour (It's 7AM here) and I have cleaned my kitchen, feed the zoo, (2 cats, 1 dog), let doggie out, had coffee, breakfast, read some blogs I enjoy on a daily basis, caught up on emails and now I am here. I have so much energy! I would never had accomplished all this in the early am if I had woken up hungover! Amen to sobriety! The mornings make it trully worthwhile and I have to remember that if I get the cravings for AL on my way home from work. That's when it hits me most.

Stay strong everyone and have a great day!
                        Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

Comment

PS, on the wine bloat and wine weight...I have lost about 3 lbs since I quit this time last week. Oh yeah, it's 7 days today, whooohoooo!

Comment

Blah - gained 5 since the quit. I ate SOOOOO little when I was drinking that I kept it off even at a bottle plus...

I can't eat any sugar - and I am normally all protein/veges but since the quit - I am actually - gasp - eating carbs rather than drinking them. I assume my body will eventually get with it but...

I need to find an excercises class
                            AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Good morning everyone. What a beautiful day it will be again around here. I am looking forward to it. I feel better and stronger today and thankful for all of those that pulled me out of the "rabbit hole". Thank you.
                              PF, I have not lost ANYTHING after 16 days now. Very disappointing. I work out every day and still can't lose. I think my body is hanging on and will give it up eventually but it is taking a long while. That was part of my despair. I was thinking; I gave up al and I can't drop any weight. What's the point? But I know to be patient and it will come off. We are going on vaca in Feb. and I want to be leaner before then so that is a big motivator for me not to drink.
                              Well, speaking of working out. I must run before all of the bikes are taken. Have a beautiful day all and I will be back later.

Comment

Sighs - here we go again - I managed not to buy the wine and the supplements are FINALLY kicking in. I am shoving a frozen lasagna down hoping the carbs kill the hypoglycemia.

White knuckling until it all meshes together.
                                AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Working...
                                X