Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An older drunk back on day one. Who's with me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going for 30 day's and beyond, and taking back my life again!

I am a hardcore drinker. 24/7. If i can do this, believe me, so can you.

Blame no-one, blame nothing. Do something.

Do or do not.

Easy? NO! Simple? YES!

(P.S. This part of my journey is not so much a return from hell, as it was for me in October 2008. This is a return from a flirt with moderate drinking these last few months, which i've re-discovered is not what i want to do (Brickhead). I much prefer the totally sober life. It is still a climb back though, as i could see my drinking, and THINKING beginning to return to old destructive levels. Am using the same AF principles and attitude to climb back up, so some thoughts expressed here may be of benefit to folk starting out).

And don't forget your https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html

N.R.N.R.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

You ok Guitarista? I read your post before you edited it and just wanted to let you know you are an awesome person. Whatever happened is over and today is a new day. You are one of my heros here. I cant even put into words how much you have helped me and so many others here. I wish i could say some magic words to fix everything but i dont have that kind of power. I am here, as i am positive all of the members and lurkers are, if you need anything. You take care, we need you full strength here!
    AL free since March 17th 2011...loving this life. No drinking no matter what.

Hi my name is Lori and i am so happy to be here.

Comment

Hey Red!

Thanks for your beautiful post. Don't worry. I'm okay, and all cool here. No relapse or slip, just a concious crack at moderating the last few months. And i had unfinished business with booze that i had to resolve and re- explore. And glad i went there. Nice buzz for an hour or 2, but what then? I don't want 2/3 drinks, i want to keep drinking when i get home. 1 or 2 drinks is crap, give me the bottle! This is the equation i have weighed up. So, i have a choice. No choice re my addiction, but a choice in how i tackle it. For me, after 2.5 yrs of sobriety of late, i've chosen the alcohol free path, and i thought it might be of benefit to share my recent experiences here.

How are you going?

All contributions welcome.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Aw Mr G, how can we help? You know your words of late motivated me to pour out one glass of wine out of my bottle giving thanks BEFORE I started to drink it. I've thought about it before but felt it was wasteful. Well, if that extra glass is not serving me, then f*ck the expense. There are other costs to consider. Anyways, you know my goals and I admire anyone who determines they cannot drink and gets on with it. I know you will do this. You have so much to offer and accomplish! Thank you for being my friend.:l
        Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

Hiya RC.

All good here. Thanks for popping in.

My plan is 30 days, then i know i'll be off and running. BUT. Today for me is where it's at.

Good to see you friend.

Comment

Sending you strength and hugs my friend. You know where I am if you need me :l
            Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
            Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Thanks Starters.

Gawd..... i've drawn too much attention to meself.

erm.... anyone want to order a CD?

Comment

Guitarista;1200117 wrote: Thanks Starters.

Gawd..... i've drawn too much attention to meself.

Pillock :H:H:H
                Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Sending you strength G

I'll buy a CD if you buy one of my embroidered sweatshirts :H :H

:h Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Lavande;1200122 wrote: Sending you strength G

I'll buy a CD if you buy one of my embroidered sweatshirts :H :H

:h Lav
                    Good idea Lav--I can trade for a bottle of L-Glutamine.:H

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

Comment

Ok. Now we've got a drugs thread....:H

Comment

Guitarista;1200117 wrote: Gawd..... i've drawn too much attention to meself.

I'll buy one! :blinkylove:
                        Yes the nights are fairly drawing in, dont you think?
                        Any ideas on how to solve the debt crisis?
                        Or global warming?
                        Didnt the Queen have a noce visit down under!

I ate the most ridiculous amount of chocolate today, looks like more rain tomorrow but at least we in the Uk get an extra hour in bed tonight..... blah blah blah

MR G!!!!! We care and we are here, just know that.......:soothe:
                        "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                        AF - JAN 1st 2010
                        NF - May 1996

Comment

Guitarista~

Out of a search to connect to "my kin/kind" I found myself back here.

I wish to convey my wishes to you in support. Allow the attention for it is our way to show love.
                          As your friend, I want to attend to any pain, difficulty, tragedy or unfulfilled expression because of Love to you.

Be loved, let it hit a chord.

Extending a kind hand, always~
                          :notes:Theme2be

" Do not lose courage in considering your own imperfections but instantly set about remedying them~everyday begin the task anew".-Saint Francis de Sales

Comment

Theme2be;1200129 wrote: Guitarista~

Out of a search to connect to "my kin/kind" I found myself back here.

I wish to convey my wishes to you in support. Allow the attention for it is our way to show love.
                            As your friend, I want to attend to any pain, difficulty, tragedy or unfulfilled expression because of Love to you.

Be loved, let it hit a chord.

Extending a kind hand, always~
                            Welcome back T2B. Love your post. :h

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Guitarista;1200126 wrote: Ok. Now we've got a drugs thread....:H
                              I don't sell drugs! They are supplements.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Working...
                              X