Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An older drunk back on day one. Who's with me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey KY nice to see you Alkie brain had me in its grip for a few days but head feels shifted today. I recognise it from previous attempts. Need to exercise some willpower too this time when cravings come knocking. Hope you're well :h
    You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

I'm all good FF, you taking plenty of supplements? How many days you strung together at a time?

Comment

Hi KY, glad you're good - take my hat off to you I do as I know you have a lot going on personally. Well done!

Money's a bit tight at the moment for supplements so have to be a cold turkey (and I know, you don't have to point out the obvious on drinking dosh - it's just that when my head's clear I face the consequences and have to pay off the credit card for binges). My diet is good though. Longest string was 26 (god damn giving in that time!), 14 days and then regular 5, 6, 7. I give in far too easily when cravings strike so need to exercise some tough love in my head I think.

Comment

Guitar Man

Congrats to you on 60 days, Guitar Man. I had the idea you were a long time AF participant. It sounds like it in your posts and the responses other people give to you. I have a hard time keeping up with everyone here. There are so many posts, I don't get the time to read them all, but this board is valuable to all who use it. You can find things in all the different stories and posts that rings true to you and helps you along.

Let's all make today a winner!!! Life is a gift. If you don't feel that way today, know that you can tomorrow by changing the way you live it.
          Rule your mind or it will rule you. It is from a thought that an action grows. :bat

Comment

Hi everyone!

Ok Day 2-ers....lets do this ok? I know it's hard, but it CAN be done. Nothing worth having is easy, so view it as a challenge and know you can succeed. When I finally quit smoking (31 days ago...woot!), I was PISSED at cigarettes, I thought "How dare you control me?? Who the hell do you think you are?"....when I got that attitude, it was so much easier...instead of longing for a cigarette, I viewed it as my enemy. You can do that with alcohol too....instead of "I CAN'T ever drink again", say "I don't HAVE to ever drink again, or feel this way again"...view it as being free instead of deprived.

Remember, a craving will never last as long as a hangover, and you will NEVER wake up in the morning wishing you'd gotten drunk the night before.

Stick close to us....we can help, we've been there and you are NOT alone!

xoxoxox
            K9

p.s. G-Man, I made dinner last night with NO spills, but I did break a glass platter :eeks:
            :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Slaythefear;1383053 wrote: Congrats to you on 60 days, Guitar Man. I had the idea you were a long time AF participant.
              Thanks Slayer.

Yep, i had 2.5 yrs AF up until april last year when i decided to try moderation. That didn't work. I had become stagnant and complacent with my life, and had stopped growing as a person, and whilst i had turned my life around and was kicking goals in many area's, i wasn't spending time DOING the things i love to do most. This had me just existing and not really living. Throw in an overwhelming event or 2, and i was fair game. Nonetheless, this was a necessary and valuable experience for me, and i am a smidgin wiser for it.

Hi Audrey! How are you going there friend?

Niner, i have no doubt your actual cooking skills are first rate and rarely parallelled. Now if we can just work on your physical presentation of the dish, and getting it to the table in one piece.........

A big wave to everyone! Have a good one out there, and take care of yourselves.

Go kick some arse in your own way.

AND................Eat yer greens.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Hey G - just thought I'd say 'YOU ROCK' :l
                It's time I put my big girl pants on. :grannypants: I hope they fit.

Comment

FreeFly;1383028 wrote: Hi KY, glad you're good - take my hat off to you I do as I know you have a lot going on personally. Well done!

Money's a bit tight at the moment for supplements so have to be a cold turkey (and I know, you don't have to point out the obvious on drinking dosh - it's just that when my head's clear I face the consequences and have to pay off the credit card for binges). My diet is good though. Longest string was 26 (god damn giving in that time!), 14 days and then regular 5, 6, 7. I give in far too easily when cravings strike so need to exercise some tough love in my head I think.
                  FF...... PM me your address and I will post you a months supply, ive got plenty for now. Tell me what, if any, medications you are on so I can check out compatabilties.

KY

Comment

[QUOTE=K9Lover;1383112]Hi everyone!

Ok Day 2-ers....lets do this ok? I know it's hard, but it CAN be done. Nothing worth having is easy, so view it as a challenge and know you can succeed. When I finally quit smoking (31 days ago...woot!), I was PISSED at cigarettes, I thought "How dare you control me?? Who the hell do you think you are?"....when I got that attitude, it was so much easier...instead of longing for a cigarette, I viewed it as my enemy. You can do that with alcohol too....instead of "I CAN'T ever drink again", say "I don't HAVE to ever drink again, or feel this way again"...view it as being free instead of deprived.

Remember, a craving will never last as long as a hangover, and you will NEVER wake up in the morning wishing you'd gotten drunk the night before.

Stick close to us....we can help, we've been there and you are NOT alone!

I'm with you on this K9. That's how I approached AL as enemy number one. I was angry and said, 'hell no, you aren't going to win this battle you SOB!!!! I even envisioned fighting scenarios or visuals. I would pull out my sword and slice right through the craving with vengeful attitude. It worked for me. It took the glamor or deprivation out of the picture and turned it into the ugly beast it is. I still see it as the adversary and actually tell it to go to hell when it tries to establish a seat in my head. I don't advocate hatred, but for a destructive poison like this, I certainly will. Treat it with the respect it deserves...none! Maybe my imagination is a bit lively, but it really helped me get through those first weeks. It creates a sense of empowerment and control. Much of this battle will be in the mind, so find what works and use it. I posted this quote today. I think it is applicable to making the decision and then moving forcefully to accomplish it.

?You are now at a crossroads. This is your opportunity to make the most important decision you will ever make. Forget your past. Who are you now? Who have you decided you really are now? Don't think about who you have been. Who are you now? Who have you decided to become? Make this decision consciously. Make it carefully. Make it powerfully.?

Anthony Robbins

Battle stations!
                    Rule your mind or it will rule you. It is from a thought that an action grows. :bat

Comment

Zeppie2;1383256 wrote: Hey G - just thought I'd say 'YOU ROCK' :l
                      Choice Sis ay.......You rock too. Bigtime. :l

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Guitar Man quote: "Nonetheless, this was a necessary and valuable experience for me, and i am a smidgin wiser for it."

*I completely understand that. Everything in life can be a lesson and without them, we would not be where we are when we succeed. We are learning beings. Understanding that allows me to release any quilt or shame I feel for past events. One example is I am more compassionate toward people having gone through my own struggles and stumbles in life. Our mistakes can make us much better people, so no need to beat ourselves up for our imperfections. That's an important thing I like to see people get who stumble. They aren't defined by the stumble.

Have a great day!

Comment

Feeling just a bit blessed right now :l

Another green day (this one easier than yesterday).

Slay, I like the Anthony Robbins quote.

Comment

Slay, I like the Anthony Robbins quote.
                            Agree.

I also like the G-man quote:

"Go kick some arse in your own way.

AND................Eat yer greens." :H

Comment

Hey RC,

How's the marathon training going? Good luck, must be very soon

Comment

That G-Man is wise beyond his years!

I'm making cornbread muffins tonight...I figured if I drop them nothing will break. Live and learn!
                                :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Working...
                                X