Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An older drunk back on day one. Who's with me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Everyone:

I know that I haven't been here in a bit and I should be commenting on everyone's hard work but I just wanted to say that tonight I had to deal with the biggest load of shit from this F*%**#ING idiot woman who has me hostage with my kids and their music performance classes and all I could think of was getting the hell out of there and going to Albertsons for a bottle of Rum and mixing a very large Tonic and Lime.......

But I fricken Didn't!! I didn't I didn't I didn't !!! :wow:
    I just had to say that and tell somebody...

Not sure what it all means but...I'm Okay for now. Having Peppermint tea now and listening to the twins perform Sisters from White Christmas..
    On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
    *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Morning folks,

Cupajo?

LillyE - gonna check out that thread of Turnagains. Thanks for the heads up on it.

Kradle - hey, that is the sort of situation that would have me head straight to the bar, for a couple of jars before heading to the off license for wine... So, :woot: to Kradle for two fingers up to the rum (and the idiot woman who had you and your kids hostage!).

Mr G: WHAT"S THE NEW ON THE :h FRONT? WE ALL WANNA KNOW (Yes, even us guys...)

Have a good day folks

RC

Comment

Kradle - It is just our nature to want to pour alcohol on any problem that has us stressed. That's how we deal with what "normal people" deal with in other ways. We're trying to learn how they deal with stress. Awesome that you didn't drink! You ranted to your AF friends! Good for you!

Comment

Hello to all. I'm Juja, posted on G's thread at the beginning, but went AWOL after too many failures, and jealousy at so many successes. There, I said it. Pathetic and sorry piece of humanity, aren't I?

I've been reading various threads, have posted on one other, and decided I'd come back to the G-man's, too. This thread held me and my friends in it's loving arms for some time, so I'll join you again.

So, I'm back, with 6 days AF behind me, a better attitude, and working toward an AF future.

Kradle>Your post prompted me to post. I have a stressful, family weekend beginning tomorrow, and will try not to drink, or go ballistic, as I deal with controlling, weird family members. Oddly enough, I'm considered the most sane.:H So, I understand your frustration with your husband's ex.

I've read many of your posts about the situation. I don't know how folks deal with crazy ex's. I don't understand why they don't see how their behavior affects the child, which should be the no. 1 priority. Hang loose, and scream here. I can listen to all screams of frustration.

Hello, my dearest G. I know you're away, and getting lots of lurvve, I'm sure. You won't be young and hot forever, so go for it. May you never get arthritis in your fingers: the geetar and birds would suffer greatly.:lipstick:

A virtual hug to all.:l

Juja:h
          "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

Where is G? Methinks he is too busy off making mad spinach love to post.

Comment

Hi Juja, Lilly and other friends!!!

On my Day 1 again but safely at home, 7 p.m. here.
              I had 11 AF days, than 1 evening with crazy drinking and hungover after for 2 days. On the Day 3 felt bettter and drunk again - i'm alone for 2 weeks - my HB is on work trip.
              And 2 days AF and now had 5 days of drinking in a row..crazy...
              Hope to write more meaningful tomorrow,,still muscles in pain, headache but no shakes thanks God.

Take care all!!
              Where is "our boss" Mister G ???
              The time for action is now. It's never too late to do something.
              /Antoine de Saint-Exupery/

Comment

Hiya y'all.

No Luurrve as such as yet. But i am open to possibilities. ha!

Hope all are well.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

[QUOTE=Audrey14;1395260]Hi Juja, Lilly and other friends!!!

On my Day 1 again but safely at home, 7 p.m. here.
                  I had 11 AF days, than 1 evening with crazy drinking and hungover after for 2 days. On the Day 3 felt bettter and drunk again - i'm alone for 2 weeks - my HB is on work trip.
                  And 2 days AF and now had 5 days of drinking in a row..crazy...
                  Hope to write more meaningful tomorrow,,still muscles in pain, headache but no shakes thanks God.

QUOTE]

Jeez, Audrey, why do we do that? Believe me when I say I understand completely!

I'm on Day 8, still exceeding tired (which could be vacation hangover), and foggy. I do believe some of it is AL recovery. I'm hoping next week will bring clarity once I GET THROUGH THIS STRESSFUL WEEKEND AF (she says to herself in a very firm voice).

Hi Lily, RC, DGB, SL and Kradle, et al. Have a safe, sober weekend, dearies.:l:l
                  "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

Hey Juja...I didn't meet you before, but happy you are back. Good to see Mr. G this morning as well. He has been AWOL for a couple days. This thread gets slow when you are gone. We miss you!

Comment

Hey Audrey...welcome to you! Good for you on Day 1!

Comment

Thanks for the hello, DG!

Glad you're hear Audrey. Stick close. I am, else I wouldn't have made it 8 days. Unreal!

SunnyGirl, Where are you?????????? Don't leave us, sugar.:l

Comment

Morning folks,

Just saying hi to ya - and also a wave :hiya: to DB and Juja who i don't believe I've said hi to yet...

Off to brew the coffee - hope you all have a great saturday

RC

Comment

Hi, RC, and thank you for saying hello. It's the little things that mean the most.

Everyone>I'm worried about SunnyG. I hope she's okay and returns to her thread.

Day 9 here. I woke up with a headache, assumed I drank too much last night, and remembered I didn't drink a damn thing. I couldn't quite grasp the notion. Still can't.

Have a healthy, relaxing, satisfying Saturday night, all.

Comment

Hi Juja.... Good to "see" you back. I met you over on Enough!'s thread and then someone else's short-lived thread; can't remember which one it was. I wonder how Enough! is doing?
                              Anyway, congrats on Day 9! I'm on Day 1 - again.... I did so well for the first half of this year - 6 months AF - but since then, I get to about Day 13 and I blow it. Byrdie's right about that 13th day. Be vigilant!

Comment

Hi Caper!

Wow - so you did 6months AF and then off the wagon? I'm interested to know what made you have a drink again 6 months. I'm on day 34 here.... and the brain cravings (i.e. the voice in the head questioning whether to have a drink or not) have not subsided.

Juja - "I couldn't quite grasp the notion" - that had me in giggles!

RC

Comment

Working...
                                X