Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An older drunk back on day one. Who's with me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

:welcome: from me too Stella

Big hello to everyone else and well done surviving the weekend! x
    You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

congrats to everyone who made it through the weekend AF, second AF weekend for me in a long, long time... a ODAAT weekend to be sure but we made it....thanks for all posts as reading and rereading is my new favorite past time...

Comment

Draining Day 3 i think i will call this day. feel like crap lol but not drinking, mind you it is damn hot in aus and oh what a nice cold drink wld do, lemon lime and bitters of course!

lovely day to all
        xx
        AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Day 8, and probably would have drunk if something were available. Grumpy today for some reason. It will pass.

You folks hang in there.
          "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

I'm with you Juja, i have nothing in the house so extremely safe and no money so definitely safe. Keep strong, seems we are all a bit edgy today but great support to keep us going

Comment

:argh:Grumpy here too...must be something in the air.
              BelleGirl

Alcohol does me no favors.

Pouring poison down your throat is just plain STUPID!

Comment

Lots of anxiety in air tonight, sticking with my fear of beer method of avoidance of temptation,,,no beers in apartment and no trips to any place that sells booze the last 16 days,,,,something I will adapt as days go by but for now it's working, slow but sure goes my "be very afraid of beer" so far,,,,keeping my fingers crossed

Comment

Oh my goodness, shall we rename this the grumpy thread?

Juja, Av, Clock, Belle, you are doing a great job, better grumpy than drinking, eh?

Day 15 here and feeling all right. Mind you I am excercising more and full of endorphins probably. I find the weekdays easier because of the routine. Have a day off on Friday, long weekend and definitely temptation, so I will need to get a plan in place. Not missing the ciggies at all.

G, nice to see you and well done on your AF time. You too stella, welcome!

Okay off to tackle Tuesday, hope everyone has a great day today. Onwards and upwards folks :l
                  Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

broken halo;1246474 wrote: Oh my goodness, shall we rename this the grumpy thread?

Juja, Av, Clock, Belle, you are doing a great job, better grumpy than drinking, eh?

Day 15 here and feeling all right. Mind you I am excercising more and full of endorphins probably. I find the weekdays easier because of the routine. Have a day off on Friday, long weekend and definitely temptation, so I will need to get a plan in place. Not missing the ciggies at all.

G, nice to see you and well done on your AF time. You too stella, welcome!

Okay off to tackle Tuesday, hope everyone has a great day today. Onwards and upwards folks :l
                    Good one, BH, but we won't be grumpy forever.

I wasn't grumpy from lack of AL, btw. It was housework that needed to be done, and never ends. I kept trying to be grateful that I had a house, running water to do laundry, enough money for heat, etc., but my brain wouldn't go into the grateful mood.:H Spoiled girl, me.

Tonight's Weight Watchers night, and I haven't lost a pound this week. Your note about exercise is probably the key to life--forget carbon!

Will visit Mom in asst'd living, so that will give me a lift, unless she's decided to give herself a shower by herself like she did last week. I cleaned up a quarter of an inch of water on the bathroom floor last week because she didn't pull the shower curtain. Someone could have been seriously hurt, but she didn't get it. Not a good sign.....

Have a good Tuesday all, and stay strong---and happy.

Love,
                    Juja
                    "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

Guess you could say I was grumpy too. Down today - can't face going into why too much (health issue) but will lead to money issues. Lack of work not helping. Anyway, bloody good reason to remain AF/NF. Need to face up to the finances and get my "house in order" as it were. Sorry for the moan up!

You're all doing great - even if you are grumpy! :H

Comment

I am not grumpy but I do know that my mind is playing the "look, you can handle it now" game.....happily I remember that i lose at that game so I am here avoiding it....choosing to be happy that I know what going on in my head for a change...

Comment

yes grumpy thread seems better as i still feel grumpy but i am sure is due to the heat and lack of sleep and just got paid and now have no money. grrr. Im with you FF at least we cant afford anything.

CW yes love those mind games and glad u realise that u are not listening, pretend it is a male talking and i certainly dont listen to them. just think BLAH BLAH BLAH lol

Juj all will work out, life wasnt meant to be easy so they say. So u did succumb to WW, i am gaining some weight but after all my attempts at WW i have donei t myself many a time, well when i had willpower lol. good luck. how much do u want to lose?

Comment

I'm sorry! I've let the side down yet again. Loads to say but can't say it. I feel like the rotten egg who just can't get it together.

Comment

Hey FF you will never let us down. pm me if u need to chat. Remember you are getting more AF days than you were when you started as i think we started around the same time. Chin up and i think of you more as a chocolate egg not rotten, never rotten.

Comment

Just off to bed but I wanted to say, FF, please don't feel like that. It's early days for all of us and no one is complacent.

Available is right, you are clocking up more and more AL free days and you are learning, just like we all are. Be kind to yourself and start again. :l
                                Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Working...
                                X