Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An older drunk back on day one. Who's with me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congratulations Halo on 30 day's! What a great effort and huge accomplishment. Keep it going. No turning back now! And why would you......

Keep going FF. I hear the weight loss equation is a simple one generally. i.e. burn off more calories/kilojoules through shaking our arses, than we take in. Then excess weight will naturally disappear. I'm no expert on weight loss, this is just what i keep hearing over the years. Is it this simple?

All good here. Pensive, but eye on the prize.

I am finding again, that we really must rise to the challenge of commitment to an AF lifestyle, and persevere and plough through the first days/weeks of confusing, baffling and cunning deception that our addictive mind throws at us. I just remember it is ALL lies. I am tipping i will have much more clarity and a better grip on my reality at around 30 days.

Wishing everyone a safe, sober, and magical weekend.

G-bloke.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Just spent a while posting reasons to MIA and it's gone MIA on me. Maybe tomorrow
      You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

No, I have to do it now. I'm mulling over many things right now and am wondering if MWO is becoming a new compulsion/addiction for me. I have a tendency to be the perfectionist and I know this is what keeps me in an unhappy place at times. Far too hard on myself. Has the virtual reality become another place to reinforce those feelings? - it's just what I ask myself. My original post expressed myself so much better but it's gone into cyber space. So many people racking up the days - I've been here since October and haven't managed the week yet. I've had so many more days AF than I ever would if I hadn't found MWO but I'm wonderning if the perceived pressure I feel here to become a teetotal is doing me more harm than good. I'm enjoying my AF times and getting stronger in my real life but feel like a bit of a loser logging in with "failures". That probably sounds bonkers to you sober folk but just how I'm feeling.

Comment

FreeFly;1255019 wrote: No, I have to do it now. I'm mulling over many things right now and am wondering if MWO is becoming a new compulsion/addiction for me. I have a tendency to be the perfectionist and I know this is what keeps me in an unhappy place at times. Far too hard on myself. Has the virtual reality become another place to reinforce those feelings? - it's just what I ask myself. My original post expressed myself so much better but it's gone into cyber space. So many people racking up the days - I've been here since October and haven't managed the week yet. I've had so many more days AF than I ever would if I hadn't found MWO but I'm wonderning if the perceived pressure I feel here to become a teetotal is doing me more harm than good. I'm enjoying my AF times and getting stronger in my real life but feel like a bit of a loser logging in with "failures". That probably sounds bonkers to you sober folk but just how I'm feeling.
          We're thinking along the same lines--perfect description of where I am. That's all I'm saying.

You're definitely not bonkers. Can we stay in touch if you go MIA? Your decision.:l
          "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

I am thinking the same thing too but if i dont keep on here i am sure those af days will get less and less. god its the bloody three musketeers by the sounds of it. i think we should all find a desert island and plonk ourselves there for oh say a year and drive each other insane and then come back to reality af free.
            love you guys x
            AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Juja & AV - I love you guys! We are in a similar place aren't we.

I haven't worked out what to do yet - whether or not, like you say AV, the AF days will decrease. Maybe you're right - desert island without alcohol maybe our only option!

I'd miss you all too, that I'm pretty sure about and I do love this little thread. Juja, if I do go MIA for a while, of course we can stay in touch - love your PM's. Love yours too AV. Think I'll just play it by ear for a while if that's ok.

I'm off for a 90 minute massage shortly - I got jealous of you having one the other day Juja!

Have a lovely weekend all. :h:h

Comment

Guitarista;1254986 wrote: Keep going FF. I hear the weight loss equation is a simple one generally. i.e. burn off more calories/kilojoules through shaking our arses, than we take in. Then excess weight will naturally disappear. I'm no expert on weight loss, this is just what i keep hearing over the years. Is it this simple?
                G-bloke.
                G - yes I think it is that simple. I've been shaking it more recently on my AF days and beginning to notice the difference. More shaking and less AL required. Want my toned body back!

Comment

FreeFly;1255019 wrote: No, I have to do it now. I'm mulling over many things right now and am wondering if MWO is becoming a new compulsion/addiction for me. I have a tendency to be the perfectionist and I know this is what keeps me in an unhappy place at times. Far too hard on myself. Has the virtual reality become another place to reinforce those feelings? - it's just what I ask myself. My original post expressed myself so much better but it's gone into cyber space. So many people racking up the days - I've been here since October and haven't managed the week yet. I've had so many more days AF than I ever would if I hadn't found MWO but I'm wonderning if the perceived pressure I feel here to become a teetotal is doing me more harm than good. I'm enjoying my AF times and getting stronger in my real life but feel like a bit of a loser logging in with "failures". That probably sounds bonkers to you sober folk but just how I'm feeling.
                  Hiya FF,

I have felt the same way, as it seems has Juja and AV. This is why i'm not shouting out my AF days at the moment. I was becoming a little embarassed by getting to day 3, 4 then back.....day6.....back off the wagon.......day 12, back off the wagon. So now, i'm taking more of a 'quiet achiever' sort of approach. But when i reach 30 days, i will shout it out loud and proud. I'm putting less emphasis on what i post here, and just quietly getting on with it day by day. Anyway, do what's best for you, and the last thing we need is to put pressure on ourselves. That doesn't mean stop being committed, persistent and pro-active. Maybe break your goals down to smaller ones?

Best wishes folk's, and have a safe, sober, and magical weekend!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Oh Reggie, I so agree with you. But I have never had the guts to post it. I have always felt that by posting the number of days that you are staying with the negative and dwelling too much on it. I quit and am still Af - haven't been counting days - just know I can't drink. I feel so much for Juja and Freefly - as you say - the despondency, I can hear it - it is sad - guys, you are awesome for just being here and trying. IT IS HARD. But keep being here - there is support and however many times you try, one day you will succeed - I have and it was when the time was right and I had changed my mindset. I am nervous about hitting the submit button 'cos I don't want to say the wrong thing, but never think you are any less 'cos you have to keep trying. It took me years! It took years to get to where you are. Love and hugs to you :l

sun
                    How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Sunshine and Reggie,

So nice to have you! Wow. Glad someone noticed us. You're definitely not intrusions, more like a breath of fresh air. It is helpful to read others' thoughts.

Reggie> I agree with you wholeheartedly about counting the days. You said it perfectly.

Dearest av and FF> must confess: I drank last night. I could not distract myself from the current stressors in my life. :upset: I wasn't going to tell you, and quit MWO, but now Reggie and sunshine have given me a lift.

Hi, G and BH!
                      "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

JUJA - I am SO glad you felt like that - I was so worried that I was speaking out of turn!! I was all ready to delete my post if it was taken the wrong way! I think it is so hard in the beginning - AL is such a sneaky beast and gets such a hold of us. I am so pleased that you are staying - if ever you need to just vent, feel free to PM me - trust me, I do know how hard it is! Hang in there won't you :h

Sun
                        How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Guitarista;1255229 wrote: Hiya FF,

I have felt the same way, as it seems has Juja and AV. This is why i'm not shouting out my AF days at the moment. I was becoming a little embarassed by getting to day 3, 4 then back.....day6.....back off the wagon.......day 12, back off the wagon. So now, i'm taking more of a 'quiet achiever' sort of approach. But when i reach 30 days, i will shout it out loud and proud. I'm putting less emphasis on what i post here, and just quietly getting on with it day by day. Anyway, do what's best for you, and the last thing we need is to put pressure on ourselves. That doesn't mean stop being committed, persistent and pro-active. Maybe break your goals down to smaller ones?

Best wishes folk's, and have a safe, sober, and magical weekend!
                          Mr G - thank you! I like the quietly getting on with it day by day thing. I didn't mean to sound dispondant - actually feeling quite the reverse. Life is beginning to shift and I like it! I've just found myself reading less and less on MWO as I don't want to focus on alcohol so much and some of the stories make me sad. I'm fully aware of what we focus on we attract etc. I love this site though and all the wonderful people out there to whom I'm eternally grateful. Helping me get out of a horrible longstanding rut - a huge gift!

Reggie and Sunshine - again big thanks for coming along and offering words of wisdom. I fully take them on board and Sun, absolutely no offence - love what you said.

Juja - feeling uplifted, like you. Glad you're sticking around :h Hope you are too AV.

Lots of love and thanks
                          Free :h

Comment

Quite an eye-opener, Jane. I don't know whether that makes me sad or glad. Both, I guess. #1 Glad-- If Bill still wanted a drink after all those years, it reinforces how hard the fight is, and that maybe I'm not a complete failure, regardless of my stumbles. #2 Sad--Because one never, ever truly kills the beast.

I find it interesting that one can give up cigs, and after awhile, never want another one again, but not so with drink.

Glad you posted. Thank you.

Comment

sunshinedaisies;1255265 wrote: JUJA - I am so pleased that you are staying - if ever you need to just vent, feel free to PM me - trust me, I do know how hard it is! Hang in there won't you :h

Sun
                              Thank you, Sun.:l

Jump in anytime!

Comment

Juja;1255434 wrote:

I find it interesting that one can give up cigs, and after awhile, never want another one again, but not so with drink.
                                I don't agree, and I don't think that is true. Sure, who am i to say, but i have seen.

Kick some ass in your own way Juja.

Comment

Working...
                                X