Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An older drunk back on day one. Who's with me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've also found it difficult to count days. mostly because the stress of having to admit another day 1 hasn't kept me from drinking--but it's almost kept me from coming back to this site. i've also decided to quit counting days--like Reggie so helpfully said, for me it's just about knowing that i can't drink EVER. that being said, if i slip, i don't want to beat myself up to the point of thinking, "what's the point?".
    i hope that everyone finds a way to make this work for themselves. i know i get a lot of support here and feel more positive about a life without. about the possibility(ies).

wishing you all a great weekend!

Comment

lifechange;1255615 wrote: I've also found it difficult to count days. mostly because the stress of having to admit another day 1 hasn't kept me from drinking--but it's almost kept me from coming back to this site. i've also decided to quit counting days--like Reggie so helpfully said, for me it's just about knowing that i can't drink EVER. that being said, if i slip, i don't want to beat myself up to the point of thinking, "what's the point?".
      i hope that everyone finds a way to make this work for themselves. i know i get a lot of support here and feel more positive about a life without. about the possibility(ies).

wishing you all a great weekend!
      Ditto... No more counting of days for me. Waking up sober, as Reg said, is the thing to do. (Needs to be in the toolbox, IMHO)
      "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

GO YOU JUJA - well done !! One day at a time - slow and steady wins the race - right?? :l

Sun
        How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Right, Sun, and no more counting days.

Whew! Been cooking and cleaning all day. I believe that's enough. It's been a good day, though. I love it when my nest's in order.

Watercolor show tomorrow. I love watercolors. don't buy anything, don't buy anything
          "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

Hi everyone,

Great to see you Sun and Lifechange.

I was just reflecting earlier. You know, there is no shame here, no embarassment, no failure. I'm sure we have all been far more embarassed when drinking than when trying to quit and stay stopped. No-one judges here. So, let's all get embaressed together, and get on with the job of sobriety, and taking our precious lives back.

There is no failure. This is a process that can take some time and effort. Some folks are ready to change now, others are still searching. It doesn't matter. The only thing that matters is that we just keep putting one foot in front of the other every day and keep going for it. :h

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Guitarista;1200091 wrote: Going for 30 day's and beyond, and taking back my life again!

Guitarista,

You have always been one of my favorite people here and you have taught me to be a more conscientious poster on the mod board because I never want to contribute to the thought process that moderating is wonderful. Read long term mod, Jan, last post (mine) and you will know what I mean. You are a freebird when you go AF. Keep flying my friend.
              Love and big :l
              Eve11
              Addendum: Guitarista, I needed to edit this post as I don't want any of the new modders to think I am talking about them regarding what I said about "contributing to the thought process that moderating is wonderful" as stated above. You and I have been here for years and have had many posts back and forth and experiences here. I know you will probably understand who I was referring to when I said that...the overly zealous modder who would come to the AF boards and "flaunt" his success at moderating. Yin/yang and good and bad to everything. He taught me not to be so boastful and to post a little more carefully. However, with that being said, moderaters don't want to walk on eggshells and want the freedom to post what they emotionally need to say so I have always appreciated you coming to our site and giving all the moderators the respect they deserve. Big hugs to you and may you always be blessed on your personal journey to success.
              :l
              Eve11
              "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

Eve11;1255881 wrote: Guitarista,

You have always been one of my favorite people here and you have taught me to be a more conscientious poster on the mod board because I never want to contribute to the thought process that moderating is wonderful. Read long term mod, Jan, last post (mine) and you will know what I mean. You are a freebird when you go AF. Keep flying my friend.
                Love and big :l
                Eve11
                Hiya Eve,

Nice to see you as always.

Wishing you a happy and healthy year.

Thankyou. :h

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Thank you so much for this thread - I am needing to post a return to day 1, well actually day 2 now after a great 66 day run, and I almost felt like giving up on MWO just as I did not want to post this.
                  Instead of reflecting on my success at reachimg 66 days, which is HUGE for me, I was wallowing in the one day slip.
                  I am going to take advice from here and enjoy the succeses that I have and not beat myself up for the slips.
                  Many thanks all...
                  “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

congrats scottish lass on 66 days. be proud of that and dont ponder on the slip up. god i wish i could make 7 days let alone 66. al certainly has such a big hold on our lives which is sad but we can only keep on going. take care

hello all my lovely mwo friends. off to work and it is so much cooler in Aus today than it has been. funny how the heat is a trigger to wanting to drink. quench that thirst! maybe water is a better idea.
                    AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

scottish lass;1256424 wrote: Thank you so much for this thread - I am needing to post a return to day 1, well actually day 2 now after a great 66 day run, and I almost felt like giving up on MWO just as I did not want to post this.
                      Instead of reflecting on my success at reachimg 66 days, which is HUGE for me, I was wallowing in the one day slip.
                      I am going to take advice from here and enjoy the succeses that I have and not beat myself up for the slips.
                      Many thanks all...
                      SL - I can only echo Available's words - 66 days is fantastic. Focus on that, and that alone. So you had a slip - don't beat yourself up. That would be more likely to send you back down the slippery slope. You're doing great.

AV - lol - I'm with you on the 7 day thing :h
                      You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

scottish lass;1256424 wrote: Thank you so much for this thread - I am needing to post a return to day 1, well actually day 2 now after a great 66 day run, and I almost felt like giving up on MWO just as I did not want to post this.
                        Many thanks all...
                        So glad I logged in and read this. I slipped too and had a horrible weekend. I also thought about not coming back here as I felt I had let people down. I had 32 days, I was wallowing too. I can see now that I should be more proud of the AL free time that I had and build on that.

Hi to everyone, Juja, FF, Av, G, Eve. Lifechange and sunshine, I am not going to count days any more. The minute I got to 30 I was thinking about drinking. I feel a little less despondent after logging on and reading this thread, so thanks everyone. :h
                        Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

I also slipped, about a week ago, and wasn't able to bring myself back here to post about it. I'm not beating myself up, but on the other hand I also know this isn't how I want to live. Every day in this last week or so has been sad and disappointing, nothing like the fun times I sometime imagine I would be having if I were to allow myself to drink.

I've struggled with whether I should call this day one (again) or just move forward and not count days. For me, for now, I'm going to keep counting. I need to set the bar high for myself or I will find a way to give myself permission to drink. And I just can't do that. So Febuary 6 is my Day One.

I appreciate knowing there are others of you in the same place who are working just as hard as I am. Let's start racking ups those AF days.
                          ~ The chief cause of failure is trading what you want most for what you want now ~
                          -----------------------------------
                          Goal #1 - 7 days AF -

Comment

Hi Broken & Irie,

Just want to reiterate what I said to SL. Please don't beat yourselves up, you've been doing so well. Why let all that good feeling go to waste? Least you know which state of mind you prefer now.

Wishing all a happy and sober week.

FF :l:l
                            You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

It is great to have such support as we work through this. I am sorry others are slipping, but I am glad I am in such good company, Thanks for all the kind words and truth in what is said, I appreciate it a lot, and happy to be here and continuing the war!
                              “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

I think I finally got my head screwed on straight! Came home from work and didn't stop for wine. That's a good start. Thanks for the kind words and support. This site is such a blessing! The happy calm feeling I have tonight is why I want this so badly. I hope everyone else is having a good day, too, and making progress.
                                ~ The chief cause of failure is trading what you want most for what you want now ~
                                -----------------------------------
                                Goal #1 - 7 days AF -

Comment

Working...
                                X