Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An older drunk back on day one. Who's with me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

broken halo;1304548 wrote: You rang?:H

Lovely to see this thread still here, hello Freefly, Cor, and Gman and all else who drop by this wee haven.

Knackered tonight, I'll post again when I get a chance.
    Yes. :H

Good to see you Halo, and hope you're going well.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Hey Mr G - (salute with serious face happening!)

I heard there was a calling for a superstar on this thread......so I did what only a die hard superstar would do and answered the call!!

Here I am, whether you're ready or NOT!!!!!

Nicey :H
      It is not what we do, but how much love we put into the doing.
      Mother Theresa

Comment

nicelife;1304629 wrote: Hey Mr G - (salute with serious face happening!)

I heard there was a calling for superstars on this thread......so I did what only a die hard superstar would do and answered the call!!

Here I am, whether you're ready or NOT!!!!!

Nicey :H
        Yes you ARE a superstar NL, to be sure! :H

I'm ready for anything these day's. Though i can still be surprised.

Have a great day. L8tr, Yo!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Juja lurking

A little bird told me Corrie was missing me. I miss you, too, my fellow struggler. Life is crap, so I don't take time to pm. Sorry.

Hi G, FF , BH, LG, Nicelife, and all other brothers and sisters in arms.

Wish I had a job in a library, and not this life I'm living.

Al consumption way down, btw.
          "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

Juja;1304850 wrote: A little bird told me Corrie was missing me. I miss you, too, my fellow struggler. Life is crap, so I don't take time to pm. Sorry.

Hi G, FF , BH, LG, Nicelife, and all other brothers and sisters in arms.

Wish I had a job in a library, and not this life I'm living.

Al consumption way down, btw.
            Hi Juja,

Good to see you.

Comment

Mr. G. you are the superstar!

You give of yourself to so many with your lovely and supportive posts.

I'm almost at the 5 month mark. I haven't really been tested because I haven't been around alcohol and live alone. I was severely tested yesterday. I am recovering from ankle/foot surgery so I'm on a knee walker. I got a taxi to take me shopping. I was hot, tired and irritated and hungry. I passed the wine aisle and was very tempted, but managed not to buy any. Came home and ate sweet stuff, not good, but I stayed sober.

Have a great day all.
              Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Hello everyone!
                Nice to see you lovely Juja - it's ok on your lack of pm's...I will make up for it with a sheer plethora of them.
                Know what you mean about living a different life. I dream about it a bit, then give myself a slap upside the head because in a lot of ways I am lucky, but others not, & when should one just accept things for what they are & say, hey, it's not too bad? OR do you continuously strive & seek change cos one thinks it'll be better?
                Does anyone understand me? Do I make sense? Does a bear shit in the woods? Are the Kennedy's gun-shy? I am burbling & that's scary as i am sober!!
                Well done Skendall on your strength. That's a massive milestone, 5 months. You are fabulous!
                Hi to Mollyka - yep, i've been the same socially. Just not quite fitting in, but not an absolute pariah either. I'm still not liking myself, at 43, & I know that is paramount to getting this habit gone. Self-love. Well, I'll call it self-like for now.
                Time to shut up I think.
                Will be back again later. I hope all on here are coping well.

Comment

God bless Italian men, that's what I say - they sure do put a spring in your step! :H

Two days and off to check out the French LOL!
                  You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

FreeFly;1309974 wrote: God bless Italian men, that's what I say - they sure do put a spring in your step! :H

Two days and off to check out the French LOL!
                    :H Well, good for you Freefly! :h

Sounds like you're having a blast. Good to hear from you.

Very special day here......

Safe travels, G-bloke.

Comment

Hey G-bloke - good to hear from you too and God also bless the Aussie blokes!

So tell me, what's the special day your end?

Comment

Hey also to Coriander, I'm the little birdie! 43 and not loving yourself - time for change methinks. Liking is a good start. Sure you can shift that pretty quickly to a whole lot of lovin'. I'm not too great on the in crowd stuff either but I'm right at the centre of my own little world :h

How you doing Juja? :l

Comment

FreeFly;1310011 wrote: Hey G-bloke - good to hear from you too and God also bless the Aussie blokes!

So tell me, what's the special day your end?
                          Ah, not that special really. But everyday is special these days, and the sun is a shining, so i'm off into it. Catch you later FF!

Comment

Enjoy my friend :h

Comment

I know this thread's a little bit dormant but it's the one I like and feel at home with. So, just giving a wee shout out to anyone who may read.... Survey complete - the Italians are up, up and away more sensual than the French! C'est la vie! xx

Comment

FreeFly;1314189 wrote: I know this thread's a little bit dormant but it's the one I like and feel at home with. So, just giving a wee shout out to anyone who may read.... Survey complete - the Italians are up, up and away more sensual than the French! C'est la vie! xx
                                I see you FF.

I reckon you're right about the Italians. I love the French, particularly French women, but Italians have so much style and life....they are irrepressible. The women just knock me out. Such a life force. Then again, so are Brazillian women, 3 of which i shared a place with in London for a year a while ago. All crazy, and absolutely lovable! :h

Hope you are going well.

Wishing everyone a safe, sober, and happy weekend.

Comment

Working...
                                X