Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An older drunk back on day one. Who's with me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SL - soz about the crap reference Well done too on 14 days - yay!

Haven't seen Clear Eyes for a couple of days. Hope she's ok. Come check in soon won't you. Marhall - how did the weekend go? :l
    You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

Guitarista;1360552 wrote: Yay FF! :goodjob::welcome::new::thanks::h

Keep it going.

Quite a few 2 weeker's coming up here!

Bravo!
      Thanks G :h

Comment

Hi everyone!

Congratulations on 14 SL, DB and of course FF! Anyone else? CE? I am right behind y'all at around 12 days or something this time around.

I'm no team leader SL. I'll lead you up the garden path and into a prickly rose bush! :H

Hiya DB. Yep, i am seasoned, and definately not pickled these days, and i can't really give advice to anyone, but i can recount what i see to have worked for people around here, and share some of that knowledge.

Wishing everyone a safe, sober, and magical day and week ahead.

Kick some arse.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Hi freefly, the weekend went good. Day 7 today. I dont think it would be so smooth going without this site. I feel connected for once. Hope your bother is okay. A happy and sober day to all.

Comment

Hi guys! I wish I could say I was day 14 but I am not. I chose to have a drink Saturday night. No reasons,, no excuses I just did and did so knowingly. So glad that everyone else is doing so well and I hope that I do not derail anyone because of my own actions. That is why I haven't posted. I will be off here for the next few days as I am taking my baby back to college tomorrow which is about 6 hours away so will be staying a night or two. Keep up the good work everyone!!! I do wish I was now not two weeks behind you. Oh well that is life and I will conqueror!

Comment

Marhall;1360883 wrote: Hi freefly, the weekend went good. Day 7 today. I dont think it would be so smooth going without this site. I feel connected for once. Hope your bother is okay. A happy and sober day to all.
              Hey Marhall ? 7 days already. That?s excellent stuff :goodjob: My bother is becoming less and less these days thanks - no al, no bother! :H

My brother?s doing fine too, thanks for asking. Obviously cut up about his friend but mightily relieved. A woman involved in the whole mess was apparently trying to stitch him up, hence the arrest (think she was involved with both men so was trying to save the bloke who killed her boyfriend!). She?s still in custody and in a whole heap of mess for trying to pervert the course of justice. Was very scary for bro in cell for 30 hours on suspicion of murder. Very happy he?s safe and sound.

Hi Clear Eyes, nice to see you. No matter, let it go and jump back on. Come and post won?t you when you get back from your trip. Sending love, strength and :l

Happy sober Tuesday to one and all :h

Comment

Hi freefly. It is encouraging to hear AL us becoming less important as the days go on. I find my moods are a little off in the last day. But I suppose that's to be expected. This morning I started crying cause I couldn't find a bloody juicer. Nuts!!! But better to be sober nuts then drunk crazy.
                Happy sober evening to all.

Comment

Thanks FF. Going to be a af day for me today. A little sad that my daughter is leaving but much better than I did last year.

Happy af Tuesday to all! Got to go pack now.

Comment

Day 15! Half way to 30! How boutcha FreeFly & Scottish Lass? I hope you both are having a great day. Clear Eyes, it is sad when our kids go and that empty feeling they leave behind can get me in trouble, so get busy doing something. Take a walk, call a friend, read a book, clean a closet...
                    Marhall, my first week was like being on a roller coaster. I was angry, sad, remorseful, happy and so on. I am still having some interesting mood swings. Sometimes I feel great and other times, I could sit down and sob! I think with time, those will level out and we will become whatever normal is for us!

I went to pick up my diet food last night and while I was there I ate dinner with my 2 grown boys. I always enjoy that. On my way back home, I past a couple liquor stores and there was still a part of me that was screaming to stop, but I pushed the thought out and focused on how much better today would be if I left all the wine right where it was! I was right. I slept pretty decent and got up and worked out! It felt great!

One question. My thermostat seems to have changed drastically! I'm always so hot I can't stand it but this past week I find that I am pretty cool at a much higher temperature than before! No big deal, just thought it was odd. Anybody elses body thermostat change when they went AF?? My husband is hoping this sticks! hahahaha...... Guess I have about froze him out the last 5 years!

Comment

Thanks Dogwood Blossom, it is good to know it is all part of the process.
                      Sorry I have no imput on the thermostat question. I am not quite in that far as yet.
                      Hi Freefly, hope you are well.

Comment

Hi All,

DB, Yes. When drinking, my temperature seems to rise/feel warmer.....redder face, heat closer to skin surface. When not drinking, i'm cooler, and i suspect my normal body temp.

Keep it going folk's, and take care!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Mr. G, good to get a word from you this morning. Hope all is well with you. Day 16 for me today! I feel so different than I've felt in a long time. The battle isn't over but it's at a lower intensity, and I'm having moments of peace that I haven't had for awhile! AF is the only way to live!

Mr. G, FF, SL & everyone...happy sober day today!

Comment

Quick check in to keep me on straight and narrow:H. Struggling as I have a week off work and having a ton fo fun, which sadly makes me think I need to drink. I am staying sober, but not easy - I am enjoying all that we are managing to do with my sober head, wish the want a drink head would take off on holiday too!! FAR AWAY FROM ME!
                            Re the thermoregulation thing - (excuse me G) - I am peimenopausal and was having some hot flashes, and they completely go away when I don't drink - others have said this too! So I run a lot cooler (my hot temper also cools when I am serene and not hungover) - hope that wasn't TMI.
                            Have a great day everyone! girls want to go to water slides today, not quite my cup of tea, but as I am not hungover I am happy to make it work - such an attitude change!!
                            “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Hi Marhall, DB, SL, G, CE and all, quick check in from me too. Find myself getting really busy now - funny what happens when you go AF!

Re the temp issue, same for me, al played havoc with my thermostat and now not drinking it seems to have stabilised. Not quite what it was before abusive levels but definitely on the way back down and I no longer have those horrible flashes

Seem to be much more tired this past second week. Has anyone else experienced that? Hopefully that will level out soon too. I have to go to bed really early to get enough sleep in but nice deep sleep this week

Anyhoo, wishing all a wonderful sober day/evening :h

Comment

Oh yes FF. I have been very tired. Off to bed early and like you, I have had very deep sleep this past week. Although that is awesome, I will be glad when I don't require quite so much! SL, I remember the first time I got sober and was worried what I would do with my time! That very quickly took care of itself as we begin to join life and do what normal people do!! Then I use to say, "how did I find time to drink?!?!"

Sober sanity to all my MWO pals! :0)

Comment

Working...
                                X