Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An older drunk back on day one. Who's with me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A very good morning to y'all from this land downunder,

Kradle, Crocodile dundee isn't too far from how it is in outback Australia.

Windy, and rainy, grey sky's here at 6.55 a.m. on a saturday, but i know that just above these grey sky's, are blue ones. (now that was a bit corny wasn't it? )

Played a great gig last night, and there was even a touch of luuurve in the air! :h

A couple of nice smile's exchanged, and then she left.........:upset: But we shall meet again.

Wishing everyone a safe, sober, happy and magical weekend.

Follow your bliss.

G-bloke.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Guitarista;1365703 wrote:
      Played a great gig last night, and there was even a touch of luuurve in the air! :h

A couple of nice smile's exchanged, and then she left.........:upset: But we shall meet again.

Follow your bliss.

G-bloke.
      Good for you G. You sound happy - so much better to take your time and enjoy all the little nuances. Enjoy
      You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

ps. :hiya: Nora & Patrice

DB - how you going there? I had some wobbly thinking past few days but dug out Jason Vale and one of Supercrew's posts on another thread struck home for me. Looking forward to a sober weekend and feeling much more settled now.

SL, Clear Eyes, Marhall, G, Lilly, Kradle, Prarie and all - hope your weekends are safe and happy.

Comment

Oh my G - the excitment of anticipation!! Better than icecream:H Enjoy the smiles and we will look forward to hearing about the next step!
          Friday evening is coming - very strange how I managed to look at the clock at 4:45 - not that I usually waited for 5pm if I could help it!!
          Just another dang habit!
          Looking forward to a happy weekend - last one before the girls go back to school on Wednesday, hopefully not too hot (all that blue is over on this part of the world corny G!!)..
          Hope everyone else is hanging in..
          “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

G -

Please expand on this luuuurve that was in the air. I need details. Maybe you should offer to cook her some cornbread? I have an awesome serving technique I can share with you.
            :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

K9Lover;1365754 wrote: G -

Please expand on this luuuurve that was in the air. I need details. Maybe you should offer to cook her some cornbread? I have an awesome serving technique I can share with you.
              Thanks FF and SL. I shall keep you posted, but who knows when she may next appear?

Niner, thanks for your generous offer of not only your patented serving technique, but also your hinting at sharing your secret and now notorious cornbread recipe.

Luuurve details are thin and sketchy, but as follows -

- First saw this woman about 2 yrs ago at a bar i was playing at. She stood out to me, but i didn't speak with her.

- More recently i discover she knows a few musician friends as she has a weekly music radio show on a little community station here.

- I've seen her on only about 3 or 4 occassions since then, and approached her friday night during a break in our set, and as she was finishing her dinner with the pathetic, but possibly impressive line .....'Hi, are you going to finish that spinach?' Her.....'no, i've had enough' Me.....'Can i have it?' Her.....laughed and said 'yes'........So i grabbed a handful, and a napkin, and went for it.

Now this methodology may sound very 'forward', but remember......we had been exchanging a few warm smiles in the 45 minutes prior.

- I was hoping she'd stay 'till the end, as we only had a half hour to go, so i could chat to her and hopefully assure her i wasn't such a knuckle dragging gourmet, who only had eyes for her dinner, but she rushed off, saying she would've liked to stay, but had to go. Anyway, i sense a nice connection has been made, and i also sense she was a little shy, but interested, which was cute.

Sorry for that boring insight into my friday night everyone, but if anyone asks me again, i can just refer 'em to this post!

Hope all's well out there. All good here, am working this weekend, but i can't complain.

L8tr, Yo!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Yay for you G!
                That popping sound you hear is me attempting to remove my head from my arse. It's been there for years so this may take a while.
                Admitting I need healing. And I am not big enough to do this alone.
                AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Lovely news for a Saturday morning! G - good luck! Slow and steady wins the prize:H

Strange start to the day, not only was it raining during our heat wave, but i woke feeling as if I had been drinking last night - I had a few minutes panic, trying to rememebr what the heck, but managed to remember everything and AL was not invvolved at all - it was a very quiet evening with my girls....strange

oh well, happy Saturday all - have a good one!

Comment

Messed up :upset: All I can say right now :upset:

Comment

Fly - you have not messed up more times recently, so the not messing up is winning!!! Hang on to the successes, learn from this one, and come right back in.
                      I so believe if you focus 10 times more energy on what is working, than what is not - you will succeed.
                      Don't ignore what happened, pay it it's dues - work it out, and lets get back to it!
                      I am really looking at the days that I have when I do succeed and as long as they outnumber the others and really start to have the ratio in the green, not the red, then I am not messing up - I am killing the elephant slowly but surely....
                      So sorry, but don't be too sad....:l:l:l be happy you came here, posted and then post us tomorrow to say you succeeded again!:h

Comment

Hi Scottish, FF, G everyone,

Firefly, I messed up too.. but I love what SL says that as long as the green days outnumber the red.
                        Today will be a green day !!
                        take care
                        patrice

Comment

Yah Patrice!!! It is working for me, I have green dots on my calendar (Nora has green X's) for my "yeah I did it" days, and nothing on my "ugg" days - I can't quite put red on, but maybe one day :H - and the visual works really well for me. The counting rows of days made me feel guilty, and then the guilt turned into drinking more (get a few more in before I started day one again attitude) - now I get right back because I count the good days vs the oops days...
                          works for me, thats all - and we all need to do what works for us, so long as it is actually working - and this is the best month I have had since Dec/Jan....

Comment

Hi Free:

I agree. You didn't Mess Up ! I think you only mess up when you say, "The hell with it." And stop trying.

Your post yesterday said you felt wobbly. I read another post a bit ago which pointed out that we have a drink in our heads first long before we uncork the bottle. I agree with that.

Dont know what pressure you were trying to escape but I'm with you on that. . So hard to decompress with our new tools. Here's some ideas: Take a long shower. Brush your teeth, do downward dog yoga and breathe. Then slip into your nightgown and watch Voyager. We are on the Episode where the New Borg Drone is born. 7 of 9 becomes a new momma...

Thinking of you, sweetie,

Hugs,
                            :l

PS; The go to sleep because tommorrow is Sunday and it's a day of lazy rest. :h
                            On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                            *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                            https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                            https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

I have fallen...., Damn...writing this is killing me. So I will leave it al that

Comment

scottish lass;1366146 wrote: Fly - you have not messed up more times recently, so the not messing up is winning!!! Hang on to the successes, learn from this one, and come right back in.
                                I so believe if you focus 10 times more energy on what is working, than what is not - you will succeed.
                                Don't ignore what happened, pay it it's dues - work it out, and lets get back to it!
                                I am really looking at the days that I have when I do succeed and as long as they outnumber the others and really start to have the ratio in the green, not the red, then I am not messing up - I am killing the elephant slowly but surely....
                                So sorry, but don't be too sad....:l:l:l be happy you came here, posted and then post us tomorrow to say you succeeded again!:h
                                Hi all,

FF, i can't add more to what SL has said here, except to say i hope to see you back on deck wearing green A.S.A.P. Mam. Ok? Ok.

Hi Patrice, Kradle and everyone to come.

L8tr, Yo!

Comment

Working...
                                X