Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An older drunk back on day one. Who's with me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mollyka;1206216 wrote: Have been watching this thread since the beginning MrG, didn't realise we were on the same path's so to speak. I too tried moderating for the summer, worked great for a while, but the slide set in and ended in a mudslide:upset: Been picking up the pieces with the family ever since. So If you'll have me would love to join you! It's great to be back on the wagon isn't it!
    Hiya Molly!

If i'll have you? :H Now. Enough of that sort of talk lassie! Stand up straight, tall and proud, shoulders back, and let's go for it. :h

I had to get it out of my system, so my foray into drinking had to be done for me to get it through my thick head that i am wired differently, bio chemically speaking. So probably like you, and most folks here, i have no interest in having 1, 2, 3 glasses and stopping. I want to keep going and get numb. I accept this now, and understand it a bit better. And it's okay. I didn't like the affect of AL in my system overall, so i'm truly happier without it now. I can choose which way i want to go. And i choose all my senses firing, and seeing what i can do in this life. I'm still just a kid.

Great to see you Molly.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Hey G,

You know, as much as I'm sorry to hear you've had to start over, it's actually oddly heartening to me to log in for the first time in a couple of weeks and see this. Your posts have been so helpful to me - you have so much wisdom about all this stuff and such a great positive way of expressing things. Seeing this makes me feel less down on myself for my recent relapse and helps me instead think 'yeah, i can do this'. I tried, I slipped, I learnt and I'm getting back in the saddle.

I DID go almost 30 days (28), including my birthday and a holiday away, which was pretty big. Then had a 'fuck it' night at a friend's birthday dinner where I knew I'd end up paying for all the copious wine being poured so rationalised I might as well enjoy it. It wasn't all over then - been up down the last couple of weeks but not drinking all that crazily. Til last night when an emotional crisis sent me running for the bottle big time. Of course today the problem still exists, but on top of it I was hungover and more depressed by the come down.

On another note, I just want to get out... had a weird experience out last night with friends being 'relieved' i was drinking again, telling me how good it was, grilling me about how surely I must be happy to be drinking again and another friend letting slip they 'hadn't been coping with it well'. WTF? Seriously, it's not like I was being preachy or smug or telling them not to drink or even not going out - I'd go out with them still and just not drink. ALL my other close friends have been supportive and great about it. It really revealed that these are drinking buddies and that's it. (And that they're also just alcoholics in denial.) I'd told them I felt much happier/better for not drinking yet they were so happy I was joining in again. Speaks volumes, right? Pissed me off. But I guess that's another blessing of sobriety - shows you which friends have your best interests at heart.

Onward and upward for us both (all). Please keep posting your progress through the 30 days.

L

Comment

G'day Lilly E,

Good to see you again.

Yes, those 'fuck it i'm gonna drink and i don't care' 'the world and everyone can go and get f#$%ed' etc. feelings.
        As we all know we're only hurting ourselves. (and folks around us who care) This is the kind of thinking we need to recognise for what it is, acknowledge it, and let the thought/s pass on through. Easy to say, but we can learn how. Who needs friends like your drinking 'buddies'?! Good to hear you have some caring ones.

Back in the saddle Lilly! Sobriety is the best, and there is far too much fun and magic out there to be missing getting numb. Here's to life, and here's to your success!

Hey, well done on giving the smokes the boot.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Molly and Lilly,

Welcome back, dearies. Join us in the up and down treks over the AL mountains. Our journey will get us to the AF summit. I know we can do this.

Mr. G started a great thread, didn't he? We're all benefiting from his wisdom, kindness, willingness to take time to share, and his postive outlook.

Everyone be happy and powerful this weekend. Monday, you can awaken, relish the realization that you had no AL, and smile.

Love to all, and :l
          "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

You're too kind Juja, but i'm as wise as a horses ass. Either way, being AL free and proud on monday, today, tomorrow, right now, sounds good to me.

L8tr, Yo!

Comment

Hiya Molly,

I'm very glad you are back, and reclaiming your precious life. Same for me. I knew i had to go back and just confirm a couple of things. Hadn't i confirmed them a hundred times before? Well, yes and no. But, i'm happy now, and i have my irrefutable and undeniable evidence about my relationship with booze, and how i happen to be 'wired'.

I feel great and unstoppable. I'm glad you didn't lose everything, especially your relationships. No turning back. Willpower is not a factor for me now, as i have happily decided, and chosen to live alcohol free. I don't feel i'm missing out on anything. I am gaining huge treasure. Wow.

Day 13 here, and all very good. Relaxed, focused, and quietly getting on with it. I make sure i do something interesting to me daily, along with a run/exercise to help keep a positive mind set. No struggle when you have decided to be free. Sure, i've got to keep my thoughts in check, but the joy of freedom is far, far preferable to sitting on the couch wasting another day drinking.

Kick some ass!

Comment

Morning all still dark here but windy and heavy rain on the say. Day 10 for me and al keeps crossing my mind but no major cravings or temptations to drink it. I had to go for bloodwork at the hospital yesterday morning just a yearly routine thing i have to for from now on yearly. I hope everything is ok specially my liver and sugers. Will get results in a few days. Wednesday evening i took my cats to the vet for checkups and vaccinations. My older cat well he's 8 months had a runny nose and lack of appetetite so he got a shot and a coarse of ant-biotics which i started today and the 3 month old got her first vaccination. They go back in 3 weeks for checkup. I'm going to the library later and may be go for a coffee. Just havin my cuppa now and watchin mornin telly. Have a good day and stay strong. :television::cupajoe:

Comment

Guitarista;1206605 wrote: Hiya Molly,

I'm very glad you are back, and reclaiming your precious life. Same for me. I knew i had to go back and just confirm a couple of things. Hadn't i confirmed them a hundred times before? confused: Well, yes and no. But, i'm happy now, and i have my irrefutable and undeniable evidence about my relationship with booze, and how i happen to be 'wired'.

I feel great and unstoppable. I'm glad you didn't lose everything, especially your relationships. No turning back. Willpower is not a factor for me now, as i have happily decided, and chosen to live alcohol free. I don't feel i'm missing out on anything. I am gaining huge treasure. Wow.

Day 13 here, and all very good. Relaxed, focused, and quietly getting on with it. I make sure i do something interesting to me daily, along with a run/exercise to help keep a positive mind set. No struggle when you have decided to be free. Sure, i've got to keep my thoughts in check, but the joy of freedom is far, far preferable to sitting on the couch wasting another day drinking.

Kick some ass!
                  mollyka;1206791 wrote:
                  Morning MrG -- yep like you I'm still feeling great. It does feel different this time round --- just hope and pray this feeling lasts
                  I also find from previous sober stints, this time round I have more 'tools' in my head, sort of naturally, things I've learnt over the last couple of years.
                  Ads on tele depicting the lovely young things sitting out in the sunshine drinking cider -- used to drive me bananas 'ooooh I want to be one of them' FFS I HATE cider When I look at folks having a coupla pints, I used to begrudge them ---- not now, they go home to their families (well most of them!) after the coupla pints, I wouldn't have even wetted me mouth so to speak -- I can project forward now, and it's great.
                  Anyways, off to work, have a lovely evening oh and good morning Firefox, you also are doing brillo! Keep strong girl
                  Molly
                  :goodjob::goodjob::goodjob: and well done firefox to

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                  I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Morning, glories,

This the last day of my first goal--Nov.11, Shue's goal since it's her anniversary, and I'm hanging onto her coattails. I'll make it, and so will she.

Typical Nov day here--cloudy, very cool, breezy, but interesting--grays, yellows, greens, browns, with some reds and brillant yellows left. I like November. Nature is beginning to take her long rest, and I certainly don't begrudge her for it.

Have a delightful Saturday. I'm going to continue cleaning out the garage.....arrgh.
                    "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

Things are different this time around for me too Molly. I'm less of a 'stunned mullet' about sobriety and this new person, lol, and living with far more purpose and direction. Err, i think.

Hey Juja,

'Last day of your first goal'? What's your goal after today then? Sorry, you may have mentioned that already.....

Had dinner with an old girlfriend tonight. We are very close. Haven't had contact for a few years as we parted ways in a bit of a huff, but bumped into each other end of last year, and exchanged ph. #'s. No hanky panky, but i'm really glad we are on good terms now, and we'll be close mates forever i think.

All the best with your blood work F'Fox.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Comment

Next goal: good question, G. I've been busy today, and haven't had much time to ponder AL, but I'm thinking 12-12. Someone else mentioned that, and seems like a quirky, doable thing. Easier than counting days. So, there it is: my next goal is Dec. 12.

A glass of wine did cross my mind today as I was sorting through junk in the garage again. It left. Anyway, four large bags to the landfill/dump/trash, as we call it. Yay! Ye olde garage is looking better all the time, and my mind feels less cluttered, too.

Comment

Just popping in to wish everyone a very magical day....
                          I think every day ending in a "Y" is a good one to be AF

Chill
                          "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                          AF - JAN 1st 2010
                          NF - May 1996

Comment

Hi Chilli girl! :h

That sounds like a great goal Juja. You can do it.

Don't give up on your AF goals too quickly punter's, because my experience, and that of many others, is that we really start to feel some solid change and shift in our thinking and perspective at 30 days, but moreso at 60 days, and then we are usually really getting solid footing at around 90 days. So for me, i see that we just have to keep it going, and let time, and positive daily action from us, heal and slowly re-wire our minds and bodies and old routines/habits. As we work on forging healthier habits, these slowly but surely begin to become our reality, our new lifestyle.

Day 14. Yeah!

Comment

Well 'm back to start again day4 not as bad as before thou just done and upset over the mess I made

Comment

merry;1207148 wrote: Well 'm back to start again day4 not as bad as before thou just done and upset over the mess I made
                                Hiya Merry, and welcome!

Congratulations on day 4. Keep moving forward and do your best. Keep reading and posting around here. You've probably seen you are not alone. Lot's of inspiration and info here. Have you read our https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html

Best wishes, G-bloke.

Comment

Working...
                                X