Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An older drunk back on day one. Who's with me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello everyone,

Day 7 and G-bloke's in heaven, or something like that. Ok, i'm no rapper.

But, feeling great here. Currently 1 week into 3 weeks of holiday's, and geez, it could've gone the other way really, but it hasn't. Here i am, proud, relaxed, focused and confident, not to mention very happy about my decision and choice to be back in the saddle again. The possibilities for us with an alcohol free life are absolutely endless.

I wish everyone, and particularly the folk's who are struggling, clarity of mind, some commitment and some strength, to get you through the first few days/week of your journey. Stick to your guns, and see it through. It is uncomfortable, but no-where near as uncomfortable and boring and lifeless as the drinking lifestyle. I used to think i was fun and having fun when i was drinking, until a couple of close friends told me later that i'm much more fun when i'm sober. I agree. I have much more fun too!

L8tr, Yo!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

:yougo::h

DG

Oh, and maybe just one little bity :b&d: to go with it!
      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
      Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

G-Man

In a blue mood tonight, but you've made me feel good. Thanks.

You deserve some kisses. :lipstick::lipstick::lipstick:

Juja
        "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

GO G!!!
          Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Mr G - congrats on day 7, probably day 8 by the time you read this. When we have covered every day of the week there is no reason we can't do it again every week, right?

Glad to see DG got your ass covered but concerned about the kisses from Juju, I though your :heart: belonged to some chick from Scotland
            "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
            AF - JAN 1st 2010
            NF - May 1996

Comment

Chillgirl;1203655 wrote: Mr G - congrats on day 7, probably day 8 by the time you read this. When we have covered every day of the week there is no reason we can't do it again every week, right?

Glad to see DG got your ass covered but concerned about the kisses from Juju, I though your :heart: belonged to some chick from Scotland
              Remember i'm a musician Chilli......but a single man nonetheless! :h

There is no reason we can't do it again and again, that's right. I'm talking about staying off the grog......

Well, it's Saturday night here in Oz, and i'm off to work. In a bar! But it's all good. Work as in i'm playing some guitar with some friends, so looking forward to it very much.

Have a great saturday everyone.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Hi guitarrista,

Just a drop in to wish you the best,

Can you explain how it went for you and why you tried moderation for yourself as I can understand how sometimes it can be tempting just to have the one like the normal folk out there.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

G'day Mario,

Good to see you. Sure. Firstly i'll paste this post i wrote earlier to explain.

'No relapse or slip, just a concious crack at moderating the last few months. And i had unfinished business with booze that i had to resolve and re- explore. And glad i went there. Nice buzz for an hour or 2, but what then? I don't want 2/3 drinks, i want to keep drinking when i get home. 1 or 2 drinks is crap, give me the bottle! This is the equation i have weighed up. So, i have a choice. No choice re my addiction, but a choice in how i tackle it. For me, after 2.5 yrs of sobriety of late, i've chosen the alcohol free path, and i thought it might be of benefit to share my recent experiences here'.

I had not wanted to give up grog completely 3 yrs ago, but i knew i needed some long term sobriety. Anyway, i drank about 20 days in total from April this year to end of october, so a couple of sessions every fortnight, which is nothing like i used to drink of course. However, i sat back and watched myself on a few occassions, and noticed the drinking increasing, and my not wanting in any way to stop at 1, 2, or 3 glasses on any occassion. I know i could dicipline myself to moderate, but you know, i actually didn't like the overall effect grog had on me. I didn't like it in my system. It made me tired, took my energy, and zest for life overall, and i noticed it definately had me having a slightly negative slant on things generally. So, i don't know if i'll never drink again, but that's not a question i worry about. I just don't drink anymore, and i reckon this'll be for many years to come at least.

Anyway, best wishes mate.

Comment

:welcome::hallo: Morning all another nice mild sunny day in Dublin for a change. Day 4 for me i slept really well last night went to bed about midnight and almost slept tru till nearly 10. Great as i needed the rest after a few bad nights. Caught up wit a lot of housework which prabobly helped. Goin to get a walk in today and finish the cleaning laundry etc. Good to see so so many old and new members posting. Still feeling a bit grogy wen i wake and energy is returning a bit more. Wishing you all a good friday and gud look with daily goals.:sun::rays:

Comment

Hi Firefox,

Great going on day 4. Sunny weekend here too, around 29 c, so very nice. Walking and/or some sort of regular exercise really helps i find. It always gives me a positive headspace. Keep it up friend.

Comment

Thanks mrG and everyone else enjoy ur day and have a lovely weekend.

Comment

Day 8, and lot's to appreciate.

Feeling good here, and healthy. I just keep an eye on what sort of food i eat, and make sure it's nutritious. Daily fruit and veg, and a multi vitamin, fruit juice, water, and some exercise. Simple. Which brings me to the K.I.S.S. principle. Keep It Simple Stupid.

For me, it's important to have a simple, do-able, realistic plan where i can achieve small, do-able goals step by step, and actually notice and see my progress. Simple, small, daily goals that give me a sense of accompishment, and that i'm moving forward in some way.

I know there are many folks out there doing it hard right now. Hang in there, and hold onto your vision of who you want to be, and where you want to be, with both hands and don't let it go.

Comment

Hey Mr G I'm off to bed but just popped in for my quick goodnight keep it simple stupid
                            "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                            AF - JAN 1st 2010
                            NF - May 1996

Comment

Chillgirl;1203969 wrote: Hey Mr G I'm off to bed but just popped in for my quick goodnight keep it simple stupid
                              Thanks Chilli. Always great to see you.

Sleep well.

Comment

Mr G and friends

I have hit day 14 today....it wasn't too hard so far but I will be so much happier next week when I can say day 21.......I am heading into my danger zone.

I love the KISS idea. I am trying not to overthink my plan. I am not drinking.....that is all. My daily goals have been not drinking caffienated drinks. That gives me a real sense of accomplishment plus well being.

I am sleeping so well too.

Take care everyone.

Comment

Working...
                                X