Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An older drunk back on day one. Who's with me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mollyka;1213886 wrote: You're dead right and thanks MrG I'll sleep well tonight alright, and let me tell you young man --- I've been a groover in my day:H:H:H
    Oh, i can tell. You still are!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Greetings folk's,

Another beautiful AF day here, and all's well.

I'm just going to take a little break from posting for awhile, as i'm wondering if i'm focusing too much on what i don't want, and that is booze. I'm sure i'll drop in and out regularly though.

Keep it going everyone, and find that buried treasure, that is really right under our noses. :h

All the best, G-bloke.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Just be careful out there Mr G, I thought the same as you but it didn't work out for me, I hope does for you. :l

Pop by often won't you?

Comment

Guitarista- don't drop out! I see ur in Australia too, would be nice to have an Aussie friend on here!!!
          45 days AF 24/11/11 - Jan 2012.
          New day 1- 9 January !
          Back again 27 May 2012 - day 1

Comment

Guitarista;1214106 wrote: Greetings folk's,

Another beautiful AF day here, and all's well.

I'm just going to take a little break from posting for awhile, as i'm wondering if i'm focusing too much on what i don't want, and that is booze. I'm sure i'll drop in and out regularly though.

Keep it going everyone, and find that buried treasure, that is really right under our noses. :h

All the best, G-bloke.
            Totally get you on this one G. Just wanted to wish you well. Your comments have made me smile and have helped me on my way so wanted to thank you for them. I've found myself posting less as I come into my own. Partly because it moves so quickly and I find it hard to keep up. I'm a newbie so don't have so many friends on here and feel quite out of the loop, truth be known. Be happy, lovely G-bloke.

FreeFly (aka, Can't believe I'm such a big fat ejdit!)
            You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

Mr G, you can PM me any time honey, take care but you have to make sure you have a dance with me in the party thread

Ronnie
              xx
              :dancin: enguin:
              starting over

Comment

Mr G as Sooty says be careful out there. it's all very well trying to go it alone but everything in life is easier with honest support. If you are struggling its ok to admit it, you don't have to be the strong one all the time. That's how support works, some days we are the supporters on here and other days we need holding up.

For me checking in every day isn't a reminder of drinking, it's part of my AF routine and reminds me why I don't want to drink. Please don't go awol and not come back, we care about you here and you are a great positive guy to have around. When I've needed a hug you were there so all you have to do is ask. :l:l:l
                "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                AF - JAN 1st 2010
                NF - May 1996

Comment

Will miss u mrG i hope all goes well for you. Do post when you can. I have been on this tread for a few days i;ve been on the army one latelybut i read and post on both. Still sober one day at a time. :ranger

Comment

mollyka;1214636 wrote: Freefly, I felt that newbie thing for a really long time round here, was afraid to jump into threads, sort of felt they were other peoples property, and felt everyone had friends round here 'cept me. I remember meeting up with one of the members here and she told me she just jumped in to one of the more popular threads and just kept posting despite the fact that she thought everyone was ignoring her (they absolutely were'nt, she knows that now, but recovering alkies can be very sensitive), and eventually she became part of the furniture round here! That's when I decided - feck it, I'm gonna just plough in --- and it's great - I post all over the gaff now and find it a brilliant 'aid, tool, laugh, place to moan, place to be accountable,' depending on the mood I'm in pick any one of those
                    Molly x
                    Molly thank you! That's exactly how I've been feeling. Guess I'm one of those sensitive recovering alkies!! Gonna take your advice and jump in when I feel like it - do feel like I'm intruding a bit though sometimes - but hey, like you say, what the feck! See you around the boards

:thanks: FreeFly xx
                    You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

Mr G. I like what you said about taking your life back, that is how I feel, I also was 24/7, for the past year. Today I am day 4 AF, my goal is to reacg 30, then 60, I reached 3 months 2.5 years ago, then 1 month 1 year ago, so I know I can do. I read all the success stories, and the ones who slip and jump back on. My last drink was Nov 21, 2011 at 1 pm. I want to remember that date, for it was the day I decided to take my life back, and you put the words together for me thankyou.

Comment

I'm jumping in late on this thread, but Day 5 and an AF thanksgiving to boot!

Mr. G. I hope you don't feel like you have to be always strong for us newbies, and giving us advice all the time. We are all in this together. We have all been there, done that, and got the T-shirt. Too many damn t-shirts. Lol.

And when I pull away from my support systems, it usually means I'm getting ready for a fall. Not saying that's what you are doing, but my subconscious does that for me.

Hope all is well with you, wonderful Mr.G!
                        Day 1 again 11/5/19
                        Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
                        Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
                        Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
                        11/27/19: messed up but back on track
                        12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

i only made it 7 days af in july and was so pleased with myself. i was on such a high with the possibilities of a sober life, the hours of extra time, the energy--for some reason i thought i could moderate and did successfully for a while. it's the story so many tell. i've been kicking myself each morning for 4 months for not having the will power, the strength, the whatever it takes to get past the "failures" and take each day as it comes.
                          i'm very glad to be back.
                          i'm very glad to have made it to the near end of day 2.
                          all of the posts are great and so very helpful--each in their own way.

Comment

We should not think of our slips as failures, I was AF for 3 months 2.5 years ago, and was so pleased with myself, and I felt good. Unfortunately I was living with a man who would drag the strongest person down. He constantly verbally abused me, I had enough and began to drink again. I left a year ago Sept. and quit again for 1 month that time. I felt I could moderate, but everything was so new, I started again, and it became 24/7.
                            I woke up last weekend, and decided I had enough, I picked a day, which was Tuesday Nov 22, and I have been AF since. It is not easy, but my cravings are less, my sleep patterns are terrible, I feel I have drank an entire lake, but it is water and not wine or any other kind of alcohol.
                            We are very glad to have you back, I also was here 2 years ago. All the best and you can do it.

Comment

I am back to try again, modertaing doesn't work, but for some crazy reason I chose to keep trying. This is a hard time of year to really start again, but a crazy time of year to wake up wishing for the day to be over before it starts!
                              It is bittersweet to see so many folks I know on the posts - comforting to see I am not alone, but it just proves how tough it is to kill the dragon!
                              Taking today slowly and reading a lot of posts, getting back in the spirit (and not the alcoholic one).
                              Poured all the AL down the sink, three bottles, before I could talk myself out of it.
                              Day one yet again....
                              “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Hello All.

I'm back with you as well. Scottish - I can completely relate - it's really hard to accept moderating just does not work for us!
                                Like everyone else here I'm just going to keep at it until it sticks - some of us just have more of a battle with ourselves, but I think if we stick with it we can all succeed.

Comment

Working...
                                X