Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An older drunk back on day one. Who's with me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am back joining you guys again. I am miserable and my anxiety is through the roof. The only thing that calms it is wine. Yet I remember a few days of no wine and that feeling just went away. I need to get there again and can't.

Comment

Hi scottish lass, piper, in dreams, mylife.....!!!!

Just wanted to say hello!! On my day 2.. And i know that moderation for me too is in the past..if i could admit my problem earlier, some 3 years ago, and find mwo, possibly i can moderate..it was still not so bad..but not now...
      I'm living together with another alchoholic. he loves me very much and does everything for me what he can..
      Only one thing is very bad - AL...
      I have to gain enormous strength to faith against AL for both of us..he didn' t drink yestarday, he promised not to drink today..his physical health is worse than mine and i' m worried..
      I'm worried about myself too of course..

I wish everybody sober day!!
      The time for action is now. It's never too late to do something.
      /Antoine de Saint-Exupery/

Comment

I have disappointed myself...after being so good and so strong for so long...I caved while using the leftover wine while cooking, and drinking a glassful that wasn't needed for cooking. I am kicking myself. This AL is one sneaky b*stard! I am guessing those "6 sips" the other night cracked the door open for the AL demon. Again...I need to pull my head out of my arse and start again tomorrow. I almost did not want to even own up to this, but if I am really serious about kicking this, I need to. Maybe my butt velcro was not attached well enough.

I'm an idiot and feel myself slipping in the direction of the rabbit hole. DO NOT WANT TO GO THERE!!! Not now, not ever.:no:
        BelleGirl

Alcohol does me no favors.

Pouring poison down your throat is just plain STUPID!

Comment

its hard for me today as its friday! But i will do it, i find the time i come home from work until the sun goes down the hardest, the sun has just gone down so i think my struggle is over for another day. congrats on day 2 audrey
          45 days AF 24/11/11 - Jan 2012.
          New day 1- 9 January !
          Back again 27 May 2012 - day 1

Comment

I just wanted to pop in and say hi.....Day number 1 for me AGAIN.....but I will not give up. Piper...I know what you mean about using wine to calm down...that's exactly what I do. I'm thinking about trying meditation instead. I also started a carbless diet so I'm hoping by getting all of the sugar out of my system that it will help with the cravings.

Audrey...good going on day 2 and Austrailia hurray to you for getting through the first day.....you can do this!

It's good to be back among friends.....and G-Man....we miss you and hope you are doing okay.

Comment

I been AF for 3 days now, was drinking up to a gallon of rum a day for the last year, but been drinking off and on heavily for 3 as you may all know. WOW these withdrawls are worser at day three than they were at day 2, guess its all the Alcahol trying to get entirely out of my system. Just wanted to sta stay strong to everyone whos back at day one. I know how it feels. I have found a great place with great people. Thanks!

Comment

AGU. i find it diff to spell your name.. but so bloody marvelous fantastic for 3 days sober. keep it up and keep posting.
                Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
                Keep passing the open windows

Comment

Hi y'all,

Great going on 3 days AF Guy. You should start to feel better any day now i hope!

Good to see you Spud. Day 2 is only a day away WS, then onto day 3, 4, etc....

Battling on here, and slowly doing what i have to do.

Hang in there everyone and keep positive.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Hi y'all,

Great going on 3 days AF Guy. You should start to feel better any day now i hope!

Good to see you Spud. Day 2 is only a day away WS, then onto day 3, 4, etc....

Battling on here, and slowly doing what i have to do.

Hang in there everyone and keep positive. :h

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Hi Mr G! How are you doing? Glad you're posting again.

Hi a Guy - Congrats on D3! Proud of you!
                      12-20-2012 AF
                      Respect yourself enough to walk away from anything that no longer serves you, grows you, or makes you happy.

Comment

Steady Hands;1219954 wrote: Hi Mr G! How are you doing? Glad you're posting again.

Hi a Guy - Congrats on D3! Proud of you!
                        Hi Steady,

Thanks, and good to see you.

I'm well here thank's, but i'm going to try to not shoot my mouth off too much with punching the sky affirmations etc, until i'm getting closer to 30 days AF. lol.

How are you going yourself?

I hope everyone's okay, and just doing their best.

Off for a run soon. L8tr, Yo!

Comment

G-man, you're back! I don't want to lay too much on you, but I feel a whole lot better when you're around. I missed you.

Back to Day 1 again. Stong, weak, strong, weak. When will I decide I've done this one too many times and stop? I don't know.

Winesucks..Hope the South Beach diet is going well. Here we are again on the same path. We'll find our way out of the woods one day, luv.

My best to you all.

Juja:h:l
                          "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

Juja;1220075 wrote: G-man, you're back! I don't want to lay too much on you, but I feel a whole lot better when you're around. I missed you.

Back to Day 1 again. Stong, weak, strong, weak. When will I decide I've done this one too many times and stop? I don't know.

Winesucks..Hope the South Beach diet is going well. Here we are again on the same path. We'll find our way out of the woods one day, luv.

My best to you all.

Juja:h:l
                            Hi Juja!

Good to see you. Back on day 1 eh? Good stuff. You keep getting back up don't you? You used the word 'decide' in your above post. Yep, this is what we all have to do at some point. Decide, and choose our path. Better sooner than later of course. Day 2 here just between you and me, so i know what you mean. My recent moderation adventures were boring, ultimately. I don't like not being my best. Anyway, here's to self respect, self esteem, self worth, respect for other's, joy, happiness, and the unquestionable riches and rewards that an alcohol free life brings with it.

Further to that, i was thinking this morning about my recent 8 days/16 day's AF stints and wondered why i didn't maintain it. I conclude i was a bit blase and lazy about my sobriety. I remember that after around 30 days AF in the past, my thinking was clearer, as was my path, and i was stronger and more relaxed. So, my approach for this month is to be far more ruthless with my sobriety, more regimented, tougher on myself, i.e. not cop any lazy AL thoughts/fantasies, and promise myself that no matter what, i will complete 30 days alcohol free. Then i know for me, i'll be on firmer ground. For the next month, i will just plough through, i will not take any crap from my addictive mind, keep busy and distracted, healthy and nourished nutritionally, physically and emotionally, and let the AF days rack up before i know it. All AL bets are off! (i thought i wasn't gonna make any promises! )

Best wishes everyone.

Comment

Bravo Mr G and we will be here for you each and every one of those days, MWO was a little less bright in you absence, I'm very glad your back :l

Chill
                              "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                              AF - JAN 1st 2010
                              NF - May 1996

Comment

Ditto what Chillywilly says Mr G
                                Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                                Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Working...
                                X