Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An older drunk back on day one. Who's with me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love the postive stuff G, thanks so much for the tips. This stuff is so good.

Freefly, I am sorry about my nic, it's just the way I felt when I logged in at first. Maybe mending ny halo would be better?
    Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Guitarista;1221490 wrote: 6.30 a.m. here on a beautiful wednesday morning. 7th day of summer, and my 5th day of re-claimed freedom. The 5th day of deciding, and choosing to take my life back.

Irie, i don't think we need to 'wait' for sobriety. It is here with me today, right now. I know what you mean though, we need to at least get that first AF week out of the way, and that can take up all our focus and energy. But my attitude is this. Once we have 'settled' i.e. our withdrawal's have settled down, and/or disappeared, which can take a while for some of us, we can seize the day. We can start to live now. There is no reason not to adopt that attitude of living right now, on day 3, 4, 5, or 12. Why not? Yep, it can be scary, new, bamboozling! even, but for me, we can decide to be who we want to be, who we are, at anytime we decide to. We don't have to wait for 6 months or 1, 2 years sobriety, we can go for it NOW.

Today i am relaxed, but ruthless with my sobriety. Today, to protect my sobriety and precious life, i will take no prisoners, there will be no mercy, there is nothing to fear, only my potential.
      Glad you're back posting Mr G :h
      You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

broken halo;1221605 wrote: I love the postive stuff G, thanks so much for the tips. This stuff is so good.

Freefly, I am sorry about my nic, it's just the way I felt when I logged in at first. Maybe mending ny halo would be better?
        Hey Broken, no need to apologise to me. Like I said, my initial intro was "Can't believe I'm still at it" or as Mr G quite rightly put it, "Can't believe I'm still a great big fat eejdit" or words to that effect. Yeah, I reckon your halo's already well on the way to be mended :h
        You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

hello Guitarista!!!

I like your post today!!!
          I enjoyed my Day 3 too..yes, i got sad (i have reasons - posted in newbies), craved for some moment wine but somehow my inner dialogue was successful...
          Yes, nice, quite hot but bearable weather in Adelaide too..
          The time for action is now. It's never too late to do something.
          /Antoine de Saint-Exupery/

Comment

Audrey14;1221835 wrote: hello Guitarista!!!

I like your post today!!!
            I enjoyed my Day 3 too..yes, i got sad (i have reasons - posted in newbies), craved for some moment wine but somehow my inner dialogue was successful...
            Yes, nice, quite hot but bearable weather in Adelaide too..
            Hiya Audrey, and thankyou.

Congratulations on your day 3, and staying strong. Keep it going friend. Just do your best.
            Must be day 4 for you today. Bravo!

All good here. Have a good one folk's!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Hiya G!!!!

Wish you to stay strong too today!!!!

Learning new words in Australia like Bloke, Bogan shirt, Rubbish (garbage) etc.:H

From wich part of Australia you are??/

I'm in SA, Adelaide.

Yes, Day 4 for me..Hot, cloudy and big preassure in air...Dealing with visas for me and my lovely daughter (i'm still e-Visitor).

Catch a??? Or something like that???:H

Comment

Audrey14;1222224 wrote: Hiya G!!!!

Wish you to stay strong too today!!!!

Learning new words in Australia like Bloke, Bogan shirt, Rubbish (garbage) etc.:H

From wich part of Australia you are??/

I'm in SA, Adelaide.

Yes, Day 4 for me..Hot, cloudy and big preassure in air...Dealing with visas for me and my lovely daughter (i'm still e-Visitor).

Catch a??? Or something like that???:H
                G'day Audrey,

I am in Melbourne. I hope your visa stuff goes smoothly for you. I often wear flannelette shirts in winter because they're warm and cheap. These shirts are also commonly worn by Bogan's. :H Well done on day 4.

A balmy evening here. Hope everyone is as relaxed and as happy as can be. Catch ya later!

P.S. Audrey. Have you been to the 'Underoos' thread in General discussion area? It's a downunder thread for Aussies and New zealander's, and in our time zone. You might find it useful support. They are a friendly bunch and you will be very welcome there. There are a couple of Bogans on that thread too. Bridget Jones, and Saphire 60 come to mind.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Friday morning here, and day 7. Blue sky's abound.

Don't forget yer https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html

Have a good one everybody!

Comment

Guitarista;1222388 wrote: G'day Audrey,

I am in Melbourne. I hope your visa stuff goes smoothly for you. I often wear flannelette shirts in winter because they're warm and cheap. These shirts are also commonly worn by Bogan's. :H Well done on day 4.

A balmy evening here. Hope everyone is as relaxed and as happy as can be. Catch ya later!

P.S. Audrey. Have you been to the 'Underoos' thread in General discussion area? It's a downunder thread for Aussies and New zealander's, and in our time zone. You might find it useful support. They are a friendly bunch and you will be very welcome there. There are a couple of Bogans on that thread too. Bridget Jones, and Saphire 60 come to mind.
                    Hi G'!!!!

Thanks for invitation in Aussie thread!!! I'll try tonight.
                    Good news from my daughter - she got visa in one day and she' s coming in 14 days!!! From winter to summer

I have to send my x-ray results (which are positive) to immigration department so it seems things getting better...

Many people here (with artistic backgrounds) told me that Melbourne is fantastic city - like capital of art and culture in Australia. So, you have to enjoy!!!

Day 5 for me - rainy here but i love..was too much sun for me

Comment

G'day Audrey,

Hey, day 5? Bravo friend! That is so great. Keep it going through the weekend, and show no mercy to any booze thinking. Kick any thoughts out onto the street.

Yes, Melbourne is a great city for the arts. Good restaraunts too.

A sober you, for you and your daughter/family this christmas. Wow! Go for it. You can do it.

G-bloke.

Comment

Hey, Aussies, what's a bogan?

I love Bridge. She's such a hoot, and just the type of friend I'd love to have nearby, but don't. They don't exist here, I'm sure.

Sapphire writes the most beautiful passages at times. Here's one she wrote that I saved, and should read more often:

"Off into the wonderment that is life; excited by the inevitability of change; invigorated by the energy of the wind and rain and mild chaos of the weather at the moment; fusking grateful as all heck for the privilidge of the opportunities that are mine; even more humbly thankful for the clear headed gift of sobriety (I gave myself that one with the help of you special folk). Determined to tread softly on this delicate earth, and even more gently and compassionatley with those who need my help!!!!!

My cup is full, my house is safe, my heart is warm. Luvs yas all to the moon and back."

Beautiful, isn't it?

My struggle is still a struggle. I'm not committed to an AF life. Hm-m-m, what's it going to take?

"Luvs yas all to the moon and back,"

Juja:h
                        "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

Hi Juja,

A bogan in Saph and Bridget's case, means extraordinarily talented person.

That's a beautiful passage written by Saph. Thank's for sharing it.

Best wishes on your journey Juja.

Comment

Guitarista;1222742 wrote: Hi Juja,

A bogan in Saph and Bridget's case, means extraordinarily talented person.

That's a beautiful passage written by Saph. Thank's for sharing it.

Best wishes on your journey Juja.
                            Oooooiiiii!!! Geestar,since when pray tell did bogan mean extraordinarily talented person. You wait till I tell Bridge......your name will be mud, mud I tell ya:H Think Housos:h
                            I am part of the family of humanity. Not one person on this earth is a stranger to me. - Rev. Ted Noffs

Comment

sapphire60;1222758 wrote: Oooooiiiii!!! Geestar,since when pray tell did bogan mean extraordinarily talented person. You wait till I tell Bridge......your name will be mud, mud I tell ya:H Think Housos:h
                              :H:H:H

Sprung! :anon:

Comment

mollyka;1222782 wrote: Need a dictionary here for you Undies lot:H Hope all are feeling good today
                                Molly
                                YOu too Molly,

A dictionary wont be any good, the venacular has no relationship with the english language.....defo a mutation:H
                                I am part of the family of humanity. Not one person on this earth is a stranger to me. - Rev. Ted Noffs

Comment

Working...
                                X