Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An older drunk back on day one. Who's with me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning everyone well it is here and freazin cold. I beleive its summer there for you Aussies. Have a nice weekend.:h

Comment

Morning all,

It's freezing here, too, Firefox. I believe what I see out my window is called hoarfrost, a word that's seldom used. I have to look it up--- maybe I made it up!:H

Have a good one, my friends.
      "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

Busted, G-Man. I can't believe you lied to us! Bridge will have your ass in a sling. Bogan, indeed!:H

"The term bogan is Australian slang, usually pejorative or self-deprecating, for an individual who is recognised to be from a lower class background or someone whose limited education, speech, clothing, attitude and behaviour exemplifies such a background.[1]" Wikipedia

You have bogans, we have rednecks. Ours are generally racists, misogynists, like to shoot guns, drink cheap beer, and drive rooly, rooly big trucks. This is not a judgment, but a life-long observation of my fellow citizens. They also throw trash out their truck windows, as witnessed on my few walks lately. I've found bras, panties, and various parts of shot, dead, rotting deer, etc. Need gloves when I pick up the litter.:H
        "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

Hi Molly, Firefox, Juja, and all to follow,

Given the above description Juja, clothing would be the only parallel. I didn't think anyone read this thread!
          Well, even bogans and rednecks can have drinking problems and change their ways.

Hope all is well out there. Have a safe, sober, and magical weekend.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Firefox;1222797 wrote: Morning everyone well it is here and freazin cold. I beleive its summer there for you Aussies. Have a nice weekend.:h
            Yes it is summer here Firefox and quite hot...much peace and love to you..Saff xx
            I am part of the family of humanity. Not one person on this earth is a stranger to me. - Rev. Ted Noffs

Comment

Juja;1222735 wrote: Hey, Aussies, what's a bogan?

I love Bridge. She's such a hoot, and just the type of friend I'd love to have nearby, but don't. They don't exist here, I'm sure.

Sapphire writes the most beautiful passages at times. Here's one she wrote that I saved, and should read more often:

"Off into the wonderment that is life; excited by the inevitability of change; invigorated by the energy of the wind and rain and mild chaos of the weather at the moment; fusking grateful as all heck for the privilidge of the opportunities that are mine; even more humbly thankful for the clear headed gift of sobriety (I gave myself that one with the help of you special folk). Determined to tread softly on this delicate earth, and even more gently and compassionatley with those who need my help!!!!!

My cup is full, my house is safe, my heart is warm. Luvs yas all to the moon and back."

Beautiful, isn't it?

My struggle is still a struggle. I'm not committed to an AF life. Hm-m-m, what's it going to take?

"Luvs yas all to the moon and back,"

Juja:h
              Juja,

If moderation is your goal, than go for that. Just have a plan that keeps you in control of what moderation and what that means. It is possible for folks to become social drinkers. I am not one of them and I accept that with all my heart. But if you can moderate and not medicate with alcohol, than that is o.k. I cannot even taste the stuff before it becomes a full blown 5-10 day binge. But there are people in my circle of friends who can drink for one or two nights and then leave it alone for months. I am not one of them and I prefer to wake up hangover free, guilt free, and anxiety free as alcohol fuels my anxiety big time. Much luv and peace to you.
              I am part of the family of humanity. Not one person on this earth is a stranger to me. - Rev. Ted Noffs

Comment

Sapph,

Moderation would be nice, but mine isn't controlled either. I eventually end up drinking 4-5 glasses of wine a night for a couple of weeks, and experience the same feelings in the a.m. as everyone else, and stop for awhile. So I guess they're binges, too. I've got to find it in myself to give it up. I want to.

My life isn't my own right now, so I reward and medicate. Bad Juja.

One day I'll be perfect. (tongue in cheek)

Love,
                Juja

Comment

Juja;1223446 wrote: Sapph,

Moderation would be nice, but mine isn't controlled either. I eventually end up drinking 4-5 glasses of wine a night for a couple of weeks, and experience the same feelings in the a.m. as everyone else, and stop for awhile. So I guess they're binges, too. I've got to find it in myself to give it up. I want to.

My life isn't my own right now, so I reward and medicate. Bad Juja.

One day I'll be perfect. (tongue in cheek)

Love,
                  Juja
                  Greetings folk's,

Day 9 here, and chugging along nicely. It struck me yesterday how easy it is to cave in and think ah stuff it, and have a drink. I think this is just because it has become become a habit for me again to do this recently, and i just need to plough through to 30 days to undo the thinking, and keep racking up the AF days to re-wire my thinking and physical responses.

Can you not go for 30 days AF Juja? It's not forever, but still long enough to be a challenge. If now is too difficult, why not set a date, put a plan in place, and promise yourself you will have a continuous 30 day 'break' from booze. Just as an exercise at least, and see how you feel this time around? A reward and present to yourself.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend. Strive for happiness. It is your right and it is free.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Guitarista;1223503 wrote:
                    It struck me yesterday how easy it is to cave in and think ah stuff it, and have a drink. .
                    I cleaned up at a party today and found half a can beer someone forgot and ALMOST downed it, because my brain is strongly wired that you NEVER WASTE A DROP OF AL!!:H
                    12-20-2012 AF
                    Respect yourself enough to walk away from anything that no longer serves you, grows you, or makes you happy.

Comment

Guitarista;1223503 wrote: Greetings folk's

Can you not go for 30 days AF Juja? It's not forever, but still long enough to be a challenge. If now is too difficult, why not set a date, put a plan in place, and promise yourself you will have a continuous 30 day 'break' from booze. Just as an exercise at least, and see how you feel this time around? A reward and present to yourself.
                      You're right, I know, but who am I kidding? It's on again, off again. Something needs to click. So will it be tomorrow, with Christmas and New Year's ahead, or January 1st--everyone's date? I don't know.

Comment

Juja;1223674 wrote: You're right, I know, but who am I kidding? It's on again, off again. Something needs to click. So will it be tomorrow, with Christmas and New Year's ahead, or January 1st--everyone's date? I don't know.
                        Sounds like you're doing great Steady. :goodjob:

Stay safe Juja until you decide my friend. :h

Comment

Help, techies!

I tried to reply to a post, but keep getting this message that my post isn't long enough, and that I need to add one more character. I do that, and get the same message. WTF? Help!

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................

Comment

Juja;1223869 wrote: I tried to reply to a post, but keep getting this message that my post isn't long enough, and that I need to add one more character. I do that, and get the same message. WTF? Help!

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................
                            Replying to my own quote to see if it's just on the Underoos thread.

Comment

Juja;1223872 wrote: Replying to my own quote to see if it's just on the Underoos thread.
                              Yep, someone's messing with the Underoos!

Comment

Hey Juja,

It's okay. You're coming through loud and clear.

Computers can drive me crazy sometimes!

Are you okay now?

Comment

Working...
                                X