Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An older drunk back on day one. Who's with me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FlyAway;1225782 wrote: Juja I feel for you with what you're going through with your parents. I'm dealing with the same thing with my mother. I feel that I've aged 15 years in the past 3. It's so tough. :l
    Hi, Flyaway! Good to hear from you!

Yes, it's tough taking care of the elderly ones, and if I'm correct, you have it tougher than me.

I know what you mean, too, about the aging. I feel like I've aged considerably, and when I look in the mirror, I don't recognize myself anymore.

So, I need to make some changes. Two things: I want to take better care of myself, and I want to keep a positive attitude. To start, when I get frustrated and overwhelmed like I was last night, I'm going to take a deep breath, decide whether there's a true emergency or if I'm creating one. I have a tendency to let others pull my strings, as well, so that's got to stop, too.

Good luck to you, my friend.:l
    "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

FreeFly;1225530 wrote: Day 2
      Can't say it better....

If it doesn't go right...turn left
      Definition of Insanity
      Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

Comment

Darn sinus headache this morn-- no AL last night. I see clouds are moving in, so I bet it's the weather. Happens every time.

My second day of turning left.

Check you loverlies later.
        "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

mollyka;1225540 wrote:
          Well done Freefly --- get the week behind you now - the hard part is done
          Thanks Molly. You're so right. Getting that first day down was really hard this time round. Day 2 bit tricky but less so and as you say, easier & easier. Well in my grand experience of 3 days - ha ha! :H

Juja and Flyaway - big hugs for you both at the moment - I remember it well with my mum. Very difficult time. :l :l

Glad you like coming left Juja & PRKev
          You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

Keep it going Free !
            Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Thanks Techie

Comment

Day 4 (and with a night out!)

Comment

Hi G', Juja, Freefly....

day 2 for me...
                  Made almost 7 AF days, than christmas party ( 3 glasses of wine) become my own "after party" for 3 days..
                  Back on horse after all "after" ..
                  The time for action is now. It's never too late to do something.
                  /Antoine de Saint-Exupery/

Comment

Hi Audrey,

I know that feeling - done it quite a few times since finding MWO. Always the same - couple of "normal" glasses with "normal" people and then bang, the "proper" after party with little ol' me.

Your 7 AF days were great - you can do it again, and keep going. Hopefully I will too this time.

PS. Sorry to hear about your mum on another thread :l - mine too around the same time and certainly upped my AL intake at the time.

Comment

Guitarista;1200091 wrote: Going for 30 day's and beyond, and taking back my life again!

I am a hardcore drinker. 24/7. If i can do this, believe me, so can you.

Blame no-one, blame nothing. Do something.

Do or do not.

Easy? NO! Simple? YES!

(P.S. This part of my journey is not so much a return from hell, as it was for me in October 2008. This is a return from a flirt with moderate drinking these last few months, which i've re-discovered is not what i want to do (Brickhead). I much prefer the totally sober life. It is still a climb back though, as i could see my drinking, and THINKING beginning to return to old destructive levels. Am using the same AF principles and attitude to climb back up, so some thoughts expressed here may be of benefit to folk starting out).

And don't forget your https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html

N.R.N.R.
                      Only just seen this now MR G ,
                      And wanted to say what a true inspiration you are to this site, This is what it all about.
                      My friend relapse a few weeks ago for 10days after 9years sober he ended up in hospital he wanted everyone to know so we could spread the message on to others in meetings...
                      This can happen sometimes quickly or slowly but in his case quickly.....
                      So glad MR G to know that you are safe Big :l from me my friend.x

Catch22.x
                      Formerly known as Teardrop:l
                      sober dry since 11th Jan '2010' relapse/slip on 23/7/13 working in progress ! Sober date 25/7/13 ( True learning has often followed an eclipse, a time of darkness, but with each cycle of my recovery, the light grows stronger and my vision is clearer. (AA)
                      my desire to avoid hitting bottom again was more powerful then my desire to drink !

Comment

Hi Catch 22,

Great to see you and thanks for your kind and encouraging positive words. :h
                        I hope your friend is okay now, and back on the road to freedom.

Hi to everyone. Keep racking up those AF days!

A safe, sober, and magical weekend to all.

G-bloke.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

FreeFly;1227067 wrote: Hi Audrey,

I know that feeling - done it quite a few times since finding MWO. Always the same - couple of "normal" glasses with "normal" people and then bang, the "proper" after party with little ol' me.

Your 7 AF days were great - you can do it again, and keep going. Hopefully I will too this time.

PS. Sorry to hear about your mum on another thread :l - mine too around the same time and certainly upped my AL intake at the time.
                          Hi FreeFly!!!

I'm sorry for your mum too..

Yes, i still miss my mum..especially when i saw her in a dream and Christmas is coming and i even can' t go to the cemetery to put some flowers on a grave and candles as i always do...
                          I'm 14 500 km far away from my homeland..
                          The marvelous thing is that my daughter is coming for Christmas and she' ll be the best Christmas present i ever had..we' re very close to each other so our relationship is more like best friends or sisters rather than mother-daughter On december 29 she' s having birthday so many events...i don't know how i ' ll manage with AL during her visit (she' ll be only 12 days) but at least i' d like to be sober till she's coming - December 23.

Hi G'!!!!

Yestarday was only my Day 2 and i had exam I went with my aussie boyfriend and his collegues to after-party to veeeeery aussie bar...mostly men, pong of beer (i can smell outside from 100 m this stinky air:H), loud...So, the gays offered me a beer....i hate smell of beer and i was suprised how easy i sad - no, thank you, just water with lemon...
                          I don't know what would happen if it will be a decent wine bar
                          And my BF was very drunk yestarday and silly..And i was just angry but happy that i'm not in the same condition...

Anyway - my Day 3 starts..
                          This weekend i have to be strong - relatives of my BF are coming, his mum with husband will stay...i like very much his mum and she' s sensible with AL..her husband is alcocholic, others just like to drink....
                          And 6 years old boy who always drives nuts:H

Wishing everybody sober and peaceful day!!!
                          The time for action is now. It's never too late to do something.
                          /Antoine de Saint-Exupery/

Comment

Hi Audrey!

Well done on getting through your day 2 'exam'. See? You can do it. :goodjob:

One day at a time friend. We can only do our best in the 'now', in the present. We can't worry too much about the future, i think, except to plan today.

Have a great day 3 AF!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Sunday morning here, and fresh as a daisy. (of course, my weatherbeaten outer shell probably doesn't reflect this! lol.)

How are you today Audrey?

Wishing everyone a safe, sober, and magical weekend.

Comment

Hit the week tomorrow. Very happy (milestone for me) but not so keen to shout about it. Track record proves that when I get excited I "fail". So many triggers! Anyway, think I'll go quietly rack up some days.

Comment

Working...
                                X