Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An older drunk back on day one. Who's with me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

broken halo;1235066 wrote: I agree with you, it's all such a waste. I am phoning the Doctor tomorrow, finally going to admit to someone that I have a problem. The shakes aren't as bad, so hopefully will make it to work put my game face on and face up to the consequences.

I am also going to go for counselling. I really want my life back, today was horrible. Thanks again
    Good job on taking action Halo. Let us know how you go.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

satz123;1235199 wrote: Thanks G for the private advice. I will go public here now to get any advice on offer. Can you share your plan with me Gary - I will follow to the letter as you seem to have it nailed :thanks:
      Read our toolbox thread Satz. https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html

There are lot's of idea's on how to get yourself a plan together there. Lot's of tips to keep busy and distracted for those first few difficult days.

There is another thread that Doggygirl started i think. Something to do with getting a plan together. EDIT: Here it is https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...lan-41280.html And geez, Doggygirl has some other cool threads i've just been reminded through my search, that she's started over time that are always worth a look too.

One2many also posted '150 things to do instead of drinking' which i'll try to find, but search away friend. Edit: Here it is https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9...ing-53608.html One2many also has started many excellent threads/posts that are worth a read.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

G'day everyone,

New years eve morning here, and we have blue sky's all around. But most importantly, blue sky's are in my heart. (Oh FFS mate! lol)

I'm sure folks have some goals, dreams, plans for the new year. Anyone care to share? Mine is a totally AF 2012, and i already have a little kick start on that, and the other is to slay the procrastination demon that i allow to waste my precious time. Hope everyone is happy and healthy, or at least have this in their immediate sights.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...lan-41280.html

Comment

G'day everyone,

New years eve morning here, and we have blue sky's all around. But most importantly, blue sky's are in my heart. (Oh FFS mate! lol)

I'm sure folks have some goals, dreams, plans for the new year. Anyone care to share? Mine is a totally AF 2012, and i already have a little kick start on that, and the other is to slay the procrastination demon that i allow to waste my precious time. Hope everyone is happy and healthy, or at least have this in their immediate sights.

Here's some light reading.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...lan-41280.html

Comment

have a safe and happy new year's eve G, and everyone :hug
            Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

broken halo;1235651 wrote: have a safe and happy new year's eve G, and everyone :hug
              Thanks Halo. You too my friend.

Happy new year everyone!

I wish you all a happy, healthy, safe, sober and magical year.

New years day here, and my 4th. consecutively sober new years eve last night. Yeeaah!

It is said that what we focus on, we get. I agree, so for me, i will focus on what i want, not what i don't want, and go for it.

I am looking forward to 2012. There are so many possibilities, and they are mine for the embracing, experiencing, and the taking.

Go for it everyone. It all starts with ditching the booze. :welcome:

Comment

I have been on here before, to no avail - but everything is getting worse and worse, I cry often about my situation. Last night did not help; my sister who is 15 years older than me informed yesterday that my 26 year old nice who has been in Cali for a year now is talking crap about me, saying that I am a f*cking mess to my sis and my 2 other nieces who are 32 and 29 (I am the baby by 13 years - oops!) So I texted her (my crap talking niece) and she was so rude (alwaya has been, only child with NO discipline) and she cussed me out and said that she knows I am a drunk, yet when she was here it was always 'omg we have to go out and get shwasted fave aunt'. My entire family can't stand her, and I know she runs her foul mouth and thinks she is better than everyone and thinks she is soooo hot, but my feelings are hurt and now my once private problem is apparantly being opened up to my relatives in Minnesota, they do not judge me and they think she is a nightmare as well. I have cut off all communication with my niece. I know I have a problem, I see a counselor every week - I hate how I am and want so badly to change, I never thought that I would end up like this. I was VERY good over thanksgiving anf christmas this year because I have made an ass of myself in the previous years, so I am proud of that and proud that I went to counseling and got through all of the red tape on my own, no DUIs, no P.O., nothing, just looking in despersation to change.....vodka is holding me back from getting a full time job, I sleep 15 hours a night and have no energy or ambition to do anything and I hate it. Something has got to give here, I am waiting to just wake up and say 'I'M DONE', I think it is in me somewhere, I just need to bring it out. In September I spent a night in horrible nasty detox and was AF for 3 days, well that's all over and I am back to almost a fifth every 24 hours, it is expensive, I can't afford it, I hate it, the taste of the first drinks makes me gag, I vomit my water in the morning (or afternoon when I get up) and have horrible gastrointestinal issues, yet my bloodwork was normal 2 months ago (I take a lot of liver supplements - go figure), I just want to stop and feel my normal self again, I uused to drink socially. then it got worse, and worse, and worse, and here I am. HELP!

Comment

Hiya Girl 1973,

Good that you are posting here and reaching out, and know that you are not alone.

Re your neice, you cannot control what she is saying or what she thinks, so don't waste your energy on that. But you can control how you react to the gossip. Ignore it, and let it be what it is......gossip. You have bigger fish to fry here, your health.

Check out our toolbox thread. https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html

There is lots of info/strategies/inspiration and idea's in there, and tons of great reading. I'd recommend reading as much as you can on the site. Old threads too, and start to know that sobriety is possible for you, and that you can do it. Let us know how you are going won't you?

Also, you could also post this in the 'Need help ASAP' section, where you will probably get a wider response.

Best wishes, and keep in touch. G-bloke.

Comment

there is always someone in he same boat as you
                    we can only keep trying
                    ignore the gossip or it may be the inspiration you need to stay sober by saying I'll show them

Comment

Greetings all,

Good to see you Merry.

Tuesday morning here and back to work today. Meditated then went for a little run. Maybe that should've been the other way around, but no matter at this point. We had 41c here yesterday! Gonna be 35c today and cloudy and muggy, but i suspect a cool change will come through later in the day. Anyway, day 6 here, feeling good, and quietly determined. Hope everyone is okay.

Catch you later. G-bloke.

Comment

Thanks to you all, this is just so bad and I do not know where it will end, I just know that it HAS to end. My entire life and future career are basically on hold because of my drinking behaviors. I have been 'sniffed out' at an internship, at school, and from a client at work. I never drank in the morning or before work, now I need 1 in the morning and before work just to deal with work! I have benzos (prescription) and I take them but still continue to drink. Mentally I hate hate HATE it but physically I know that my body now NEEDS it. I read all of the success stories here and applaud those who kicked it, I am just such an instant gratification person, I say I will only buy a small bottle, get to the store and it is balls out I am getting the full bottle, and because I know there is some left the next day I drink it. I am a hider also, each day I take my empty bottlle and put it in a public garbage - NEVER in the home garbage. My boyfriend knows but I am not aware that he knows the exact extent of just how much I chug. I need and want to change, someone needs to come and kick my as* into gear, mentally and physically. This is not me - I do not know I am anymore.

Comment

Girl1973;1237466 wrote: Thanks to you all, this is just so bad and I do not know where it will end, I just know that it HAS to end. My entire life and future career are basically on hold because of my drinking behaviors. I have been 'sniffed out' at an internship, at school, and from a client at work. I never drank in the morning or before work, now I need 1 in the morning and before work just to deal with work! I have benzos (prescription) and I take them but still continue to drink. Mentally I hate hate HATE it but physically I know that my body now NEEDS it. I read all of the success stories here and applaud those who kicked it, I am just such an instant gratification person, I say I will only buy a small bottle, get to the store and it is balls out I am getting the full bottle, and because I know there is some left the next day I drink it. I am a hider also, each day I take my empty bottlle and put it in a public garbage - NEVER in the home garbage. My boyfriend knows but I am not aware that he knows the exact extent of just how much I chug. I need and want to change, someone needs to come and kick my as* into gear, mentally and physically. This is not me - I do not know I am anymore.
                          Hi Girl 1973,

What you describe in your post above, and where you are at now, is where many of us are now, or sure have been. You know that change has to come from us, from ourselves. No-one can do it for us of course. I know you know this, and i know it is hard, and you are suffering. So, what can you do to begin the climb back to life?

What should be your next move? Your next step? What would be your first step out of this? Break it down into small, simple steps forward. I'm interested in your thoughts here.

Best wishes, G-bloke.

Comment

Girl1973;1237466 wrote: this is just so bad and I do not know where it will end, I just know that it HAS to end.
                            Great. So where do you START on the road to recovery and freedom?

Have you read this thread? https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html

Comment

Just dropping in to say hi G man. I let myself down again at New Year but I have learned from it. I am really determined this time. I have read the toolbox thread again, I am seeing a support worker and I WANT it, really want it this time!

Thanks for being here, hope you are doing well. I want to be able to tell you how well I am doing soon. On day 2 now, cheers for all your wise words and support!
                              Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

broken halo;1237612 wrote: Just dropping in to say hi G man. I let myself down again at New Year but I have learned from it. I am really determined this time. I have read the toolbox thread again, I am seeing a support worker and I WANT it, really want it this time!

Thanks for being here, hope you are doing well. I want to be able to tell you how well I am doing soon. On day 2 now, cheers for all your wise words and support!
                                Hi Halo,

I'm as wise as a cow's arse, but thanks for your compliments.

I'm well thanks and feeling good. Good job on day 2, and wanting sobriety, and to take your life back again. It is such bullshit, and such a huge myth and lie that we need alcohol and drinking to enjoy and participate in life. We don't need it. It's a con. There is so much more to life.

Have a great day folk's, wherever you may be.

Comment

Working...
                                X