Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An older drunk back on day one. Who's with me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hello all, the posts are are great and helping me through another 24 hours 15 minute at a time, day 13 is not fun at all, especially as I used to have lots of fun slamming down pints of nice cold beer in nice crowded bar rooms with wings and sports on tv and everything all fun like a beer commercial; sad part is those nights end with me by myself in apartment drinking alone and watching bad cable because I did not want to stop drinking and go to bed to face the next day.....trying to remember the end of the night as well as the start so I don't lie to myself that tonight could be any different...i am a drunk, i shouldn't forget that.

Comment

Clockwatcher;1244100 wrote: hello all, the posts are are great and helping me through another 24 hours 15 minute at a time, day 13 is not fun at all, especially as I used to have lots of fun slamming down pints of nice cold beer in nice crowded bar rooms with wings and sports on tv and everything all fun like a beer commercial; sad part is those nights end with me by myself in apartment drinking alone and watching bad cable because I did not want to stop drinking and go to bed to face the next day.....trying to remember the end of the night as well as the start so I don't lie to myself that tonight could be any different...i am a drunk, i shouldn't forget that.
      So familiar, CW. It's day 6, and I feel the urge creeping back, but I don't want the morning/day after, either. It's not worth it. Ever. Thanks for the reminder--I needed it.
      "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

Hi everyone. Zen thanks for your post, I know it's the alcohol trying to tempt me back.
        Today was the worse day yet, finishing early on a Friday usually means drinking earlier. A 'reward' for a hard week at work. I appreciate your comments and I have now safely made it through Friday. I appreciate so much all of the thoughts, comments and encouragement here.

Juja, let's make it through the weekend hun and take it from there. I think if I can do that it might just be easier come Monday. I am remembering the withdrawals, forcing myself to. Hope the auction goes well (or do I???) :H

Freefly, I totally understand the drinking alone thing. I could go to a social event, take my car and drink water all night, as long as I knew there was a bottle of wine (or two) at home waiting for me. Sad, isn't it? Hope you are doing okay :l

Clockwatcher, I hear ya. The posts here really help, and yes, I am a drunk too. I can't drink socially, or moderately at all.

I hope everyone has a fab and AL free weekend. I have been practicing the self forgiveness thing too, it is helping. I want my self esteem back more than I want to drink, and there is no point in beating myself up about the past, I can't change it. I am focussing on the present for now, and hopefully one day, the future. Hugs and strength to everyone who has posted, too many to mention by name. But each and every single post counts and touches someone.:l
        Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

CW, JJ & BH - well done on riding those cravings. Ok this end too - made it past the pesky Friday witching hour - phew! It's my tricky trigger day 5 tomorrow falling on a Saturday. Hmmm - will have to hatch me a plan.
          You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

FreeFly;1244142 wrote: CW, JJ & BH - well done on riding those cravings. Ok this end too - made it past the pesky Friday witching hour - phew! It's my tricky trigger day 5 tomorrow falling on a Saturday. Hmmm - will have to hatch me a plan.
            Let us know what you did to be successful.
            "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

FreeFly, I am not a master planner but I have been doing ok so far this time (how is that for a rationalization?)with just being very scared of being around beers let alone trying to nurse one to show to myself that I can this time handle it....13 days of total fear of booze has caused me to run and hide from all my usual habits and places where I drink and so far its worked....probably not a long term plan but I am hitting this one hour at a time....good luck to all

Comment

Morning guys
                It?s Saturday and an HFM! Juja, am I right in thinking this is your day 7 today?

CW ? you?re doing great and I think I?ll follow your current ?master plan? today. Due to visit a friend (been avoiding since I found MWO ? 3 months now) and have pressies for her son for xmas & birthday. Thought maybe I?d be ok but she?s invited someone else now too and I really don?t think I?ll be strong enough to sit and watch two people drinking knowing there?s no escape ? would have to stay the night. So plan is ? cancel!

Hope you made it through Broken

BTW ? have added 6/7 km daily brisk walk to my plan this time. Whilst in bookshop yesterday a titled jumped out at me ? Run Fat Bitch Run! Humph ? will have to think about that one (I?m not THAT fat, honest but would like to lose a stone)
                You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

Happy HFM everyone,

Yep, it's day 7. How do you remember that, FF? You're keeping me honest.

Yesterday was a bit tough, but a couple of AF beers, and I was done. Hey, it worked....

BH and CW> Good plan. I don't know if I would have had the guts to cancel. I am too eager to please, and that's a big part of my AL problem. I cave to easily on everything.

BH>Okay, we're going to get through this weekend AF. There, I said it, and I mean it.
                  I went to the auction preview yesterday. No way I can afford anything, but I should go anyway, just to get out. I'm truly getting bit batty being home all the time. DH left me a note this a.m. telling me to "Go. Get Out!" Sweet. He's concerned about my off and on depression of late. I don't know...I should be on my way now, but I'm still in bed with coffee, and laptop. Love this time alone with you girls.

Will check in tonight.:l

Comment

Good sunday morning from downunder everyone,

Day 4 here, and beginning to actually feel good!

Working today, so i'm off and into the day.

Great stuff on your AF time Juja, FF, Halo and everyone having a go.

Take care out there, and keep it going.

G-bloke.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Day 14 and kind of mad or angry about everything, not seeing glass half full in lfe bstead whining to myself about not being able to get pass out drunk tonight

Comment

CW> Remember the hangovers, remember the hangovers. Having to deny ourselves does piss one off, though. Oh, to be a normal drinker.

All> I just returned from the auction. I was able to buy one thing I wanted, but the other thing I wanted went for $2900! Out of the question, as I assumed it would be.

Breaking Bad season 2 came from Amazon today, so something to look forward to tonight. We'll see how long DH and I can sit still. We're usually not TV watchers, but we're hooked on Breaking Bad. It will be big sweatpants, big sweatshirt, no bra night for me. Sexy, huh, G-man?

I wish I could eat some Fritos, potato chips, tortilla chips, and guacamole or 70's Lipton onion soup dip while watching TV. Sigh. No AL, no junk food.

Hang tight, all. I will, except for my boobies.:H

Comment

Hi everyone.

Reading the posts I think we are all hanging on by the fingernails, I know I am. Today was really hard. Lunch with the girls is not USUALLY a problem, as long as I have wine in the fridge for when I get home. Today was really hard. I have an hour to go till the booze shop shuts, help?

And I really hate to do this to this thread in the face of such positivity, I really do. But if I just get through this next hour.........
                          Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

broken halo;1244656 wrote: Hi everyone.

Reading the posts I think we are all hanging on by the fingernails, I know I am. Today was really hard. Lunch with the girls is not USUALLY a problem, as long as I have wine in the fridge for when I get home. Today was really hard. I have an hour to go till the booze shop shuts, help?

And I really hate to do this to this thread in the face of such positivity, I really do. But if I just get through this next hour.........

STOP!

I don't know what time you posted this, but I hope you didn't go to the shop. If you haven't, please get in the tub, or do something that will tie you up for a bit. Paint your toenails, color your hair, anything that will prevent you from leaving the house.

You're not "doing" anything this to the thread. We're all in this together.

Comment

hi BH hope all went well for you. at least we all know the feeling of wanting wanting and wanting.

Today is my day 1 and feeling quite positive. Have been reading a lot here in the last week or so and have my toolbox ready.

Let us know how you went x
                              AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Ok, enough with my pity party, I am not drunk so I have to focus on staying AF instead of whining that I can't go out and make myself sick, 14 days and counting and tomorrow am is going to be so much better not deathly hungover.... Today is a great day, I am not drinking booze ( just keep telling myself that)

Comment

Working...
                                X