Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An older drunk back on day one. Who's with me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, dear ones,

Terrible night's sleep, and I have to be with family for the next 48 hours. Some fun will be had, with lots of drama, too.

Been aching badly all week. Don't know why, and am afraid to google it. I'm convinced I'm developing the auto-immune disease that my mother has. It's called Sjogren's, which causes terrible aches and pains, and tiredness. I've been like this for over a week. Very frustrating.

Getting some me time in before I hit the family path.

You all have a good day, and I'll try to check in later to see how everyone's faring.:l

Love,
    J
    "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

Hi everyone!

Juja, how was the manicure? I am just off to treat myself to one now, a wee treat as I usually do my own. The money I am saving on booze and ciggies is fairly adding up, so I am giving myself a few treats this weekend I hope your weekend has lots of the fun and very little of the drama :l

Av, I am spending time with my daughter and niece this evening, looking forward to it and I have a movie lined up for when I get home to distract me. The Adjustment Bureau. Don't know if it's any good, but I find Matt Damon VERY distracting

Freefly, we love being here for you, just as you are always here for us, have a lovely weekend and be good to yourself :l

Clock, please post and let us know how you are doing.

Anyone else who drops by, hope you all have a smashing weekend! Stay as strong as we can, everyon:le
      Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

okay, I know I posted last, but I am sure someone else will happen along soon :H

Just wanted to say hi to you all. My third sober weekend and I am having far too many 'drinking' thoughts. Much more than the previous two weekends. Keep seeing myself with a glass of wine and a ciggie.

It's a very wet and windy early Saturday evening and I am home alone tonight, that was always a huge trigger for me. I have decided to clear out some old clothes and distract myself that way.

Hope everyone is doing all right and that Juja's family are behaving :H:H
        Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Hey BH - way to go on your 3rd weekend. You're doing great and I hope to join you soon xx
          You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

Thanks FF, waiting for you with open arms and thinking of you. :l Let us know how you're doing, either way, we are here for you. :h

Comment

Thank you BH - the open arms means a lot. Horrible feelings but that is what gets me back. You've done so amazingly well and you inspire me to do the same. I know I sound like a broken record but I'm so bored of the spiral and this time I don't want to go through this again - ever! Thanks for being there. I in a few days I'll feel great and that's how I want to feel always. :h

Making myself a roast dinner and settling in with movies

Comment

I'm back, after a good, but grueling weekend with family I drank, as I knew I would, but not badly. I'm still not giving up on being AF, and am not beating myself up.

Family get-together are one of my worst triggers and I need to work on a plan for that.

Halo, Good for you! I'm impressed.

Free, I love your new avatar. We'll be here for you.:l

available, How'd the weekend go for you?

I love the open arms visual. I don't get them anywhere, so it's nice to know I can find them here.

Love to all on a dreary Jan day. Plan to rest up from the weekend, and watch Breaking Bad all day. I'm sure that will be a real upper!
                "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

Morning all,

Juja, glad you survived the family weekend and well done for not going mad on the drinking. Definitely don't beat yourself. Fancy joining me in a little AF time?

Halo - you're doing great - keep it going. Big thanks for the support.

Available - how are you, haven't seen you post?

Clock - you must be well into 3 weeks now - or is it 4?? I want some of that sleep you were talking about recently.

Hope you had a great holiday Mr G.

Time for me to stop this nonsense now - I just don't like it! Feeling so much better today - and myself (who I actually like when not drinking - so why would I change that? F***ed up!). Anyway AF time for me. Saw a film last night - 127 hours where Aron Ralston had to cut off his arm in order to live and escape from the nightmare he found himself in. Now, I'm thinking if he can do that, then surely I can just not take a drink! I'm on a countdown to 21 days to change a habit.

(20)

Have a great day all :h :h

Comment

Sure, FF, I'm in for some AF time. None last night! Yahoo!

Comment

Hi guys,

well day 2 for me and feeling more positive and for some reason calmer or more determined. the weekend was not good, not good at all but in saying that no days used to be good at all.
                      Im still here ff just been lurking really and reading a lot and getting my head around no al and not thinking of it as a reward.
                      Maybe that movie u watched has something in it for us, we cut off our hands and way too easy we cant drink. now why didnt we think of that before. lol
                      have a great day all xx
                      AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

I say however many days we make it AF is something to be proud of. I've got more AF days racked up in January than AL ones. Off to the races! We'll keep at it.

Took a lon-n-n-g nap today, and can't sleep tonight. I doubt if any of you are up, unless it's an Aussie.

Comment

im up juj due to the fact it is too hot to sleep and i so wanted a wine to sip on but nope not happening. so day 3 tomorrow just hope i can sleep tonight. hope everyone is staying strong.

Comment

Available,

Finally got to sleep last night. Must have signed off before you came on. I wish you strength today......:l

Sun is shining finally--after weeks of dreariness. Makes me feel better, and hopeful

Hi all you other wonderful people!

Comment

hi juj, well now 1am and i did doze but woo hoo wide awake now, this is the part that gets to me as i have work in 5 hours or thats the time i get up. going to feel like crap but no hangover which is good. day 4 tomorrow and doing ok. u can have my sunshine as it is really hot in Aus which doesnt help to sleep.
                              how many days are you now?
                              well going to try and nap so wish me luck.
                              hope everyone is going well
                              x

Comment

Hey sleepy heads,
                                I could have joined you too as I was in the wide awake club but didn't log on. Had to work early. Good day, all finished. Early night for me. Can't wait for this beautiful sleep everyone raves about.
                                Stay strong xxx

Comment

Working...
                                X