Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An older drunk back on day one. Who's with me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hiya all,

I've also been on struggle street with drinking... Got together a plan and back at it

Hope everyone else is punching that fist in the air!

Take care
    Patrice

Comment

Great to see you Scottish lass, Irie, BH, Patrice posting your feelings. For me, i try to work out where my thinking was at, and how it got there, and work to avoid it happening again. Back to the workshop.

A warm hello to everyone else!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Jane,

You're coming up to 30 day's soon! Yeeah!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Irie;1257259 wrote: I think I finally got my head screwed on straight! Came home from work and didn't stop for wine. That's a good start. Thanks for the kind words and support. This site is such a blessing! The happy calm feeling I have tonight is why I want this so badly. I hope everyone else is having a good day, too, and making progress.
          Can you tell me wht you did then - when you arrived home - no wine - were you scared . Did you think of going out again for it - WAHT did you do to distract yourself ?? ANY advice will help me make that move to NOT STOP FOR BOTTLE WINE :thanks:

Comment

satz123;1257484 wrote: Can you tell me wht you did then - when you arrived home - no wine - were you scared . Did you think of going out again for it - WAHT did you do to distract yourself ?? ANY advice will help me make that move to NOT STOP FOR BOTTLE WINE :thanks:
            Hiya Satz.

Hang in there! Can you watch a movie or go for a walk to distract yourself? Ring/visit a friend?

You have probably read our toolbox thread, but here is the link again for you if you haven't. It is worth reading again and again i reckon anyway, as there is so much useful information and tips.

Check it out https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html

Best wishes friend.

Comment

mollyka;1257476 wrote: Morning all -- and hey to MrG!! I've missed you on a few threads in the last coupla days, so thanks for all your supportive posts - really appreciated them. I'm afraid I'm still behind on everyones progress - everywhere, having been MIA, so hope it's ok just to catch up as I go along?? Lovely morning here in Dublin anyhows, so off to make my brekkie and then face the day!
              Molly
              Here she is! Wow!

Hiya Molly. Great to see you here, and a big hello back at ya!

Battling on here myself, (in a good way) and slowly getting to where i want to be in my brick head.

Have a great day.

G-bloke x

Comment

Like my new Avitar ? to go with my new mood. From Scared to Optimistic

Comment

satz123;1257507 wrote: Like my new Avitar ? to go with my new mood. From Scared to Optimistic
                  Love it Satz!

Any resemblance?

Comment

Guitarista;1257510 wrote: Love it Satz!

Any resemblance?
                    Waddling - perhaps Just LOVE penguins - have a huge collection !

Comment

A grey wednesday morning here, but i know and you know, that just above them grey sky's, are blue ones.

Feeling remarkably good here, so i am remarking. Energised with a positive and cheery demeanor. I won't say no to that.

Wishing everyone a safe, sober, happy, and magical day.

If you're struggling, think positive, and try to do something you like that'll make you happy, or at least give you a smile. Put some healthy nutritious food into that body to give it a hand. Just get that day 1 out of the way anyway you can, and stay safe.

L8tr, Yo fruity!

Comment

Here's a nice post from a free Women for sobriety newsletter i'm signed up to.

Positive Self-imaging

Comment

mollyka;1258123 wrote: True wisdom as always MrG --- something bout your posts always lifts me a bit I think it's important - for me anyway - to 'own' it if I'm not feeling good or strong - they are the danger times - the rest of the time it's a walk in the park. My hubs works week on week off sort of thing, and this is his week on. I woke a little bit glum, but identified it as being a little bit lonely --- and that's ok, once I identify that I will push myself a wee bit to go out for a while today, and contact people for a quick chat - and then all IS good.
                          Thanks for putting a smile on my face
                          Molly:l
                          Actually reading back over my post I sound like a basket case!! I'm actually utterly content at the moment!
                          :H

No, you don't sound like a basket case at all Molly.
                          Glad you're feeling content. And hey, spring isn't too far away for you is it, with the days getting a bit longer and all? What a brilliant start to the year you have, not to mention your huge positive periods during last year. Sounds like you have built/are building a solid foundation for your future.

Hope everyone's having a cruisey week.

Comment

Have a great day Molly.

Comment

7.oo a.m. Thursday morning here in downtown Melbourne, with an expected top of 25c degrees.

'Tis great to be alive, free, and healthy. Looking forward to what the day brings.

You know, i've found my biggest supports are the people struggling. The newbies, strangers who are now friends. I'm amazed and heartened. I hope to give back to strangers (new friends) and new folk on this journey as best i can.

Wishing all a safe, sober, and magical day or evening.

Comment

Mr G spot you continue to inspire me, love
                                I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                                Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Working...
                                X