Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An older drunk back on day one. Who's with me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guitarista;1286537 wrote: Hi AV,

Glad you're doing well. Where does one meet librarians? And don't tell me down the pub! :H :h
    I met my DH in a bar, G-man. I was with another librarian, btw, and we were out to listen to the band he was in.

Of course librarians go to pubs and bars. Jeezee-peezee. We're human beings!

And, yes, should you see a hottie librarian like Library Girl or me in you library, it's perfectly appropriate to ask her out, if all's on the up and up.

Slow and stop? I needed rollerblades when I was a librarian--seriously thought about it.

Lose the stereotypes, folks.
    "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

limers;1286852 wrote: and well er emm,what/who did you take out Mr.G???:H
      I took out a lovely little book by W.B. Yeats.

Juja;1287127 wrote:

Lose the stereotypes, folks.
      The librarian stereotype in my mind Juja is probably different to the one you and many are thinking of. My sick mind ventures onwards, into the wee hours, behind closed doors.

Hope all are well and happy, if not, make it so!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Ha haha! G you are obsessed with me! Admit it!:H:H:H

One meets librarians in the most common places, lol. You could have met me in a bar, in a car, at the market, perhaps in a rocket...SAM I AM :H:H:H

LG

"I like people too much or not at all."
        Sylvia Plath

Comment

Well - here I am.

I've got Girls Night Out tonight. But I've well and truly screwed the proverbial pooch - so I start my 30 days tomorrow. Gathering up my goodies and my mental will power - to get back to this again.

Warm up a spot for me on the bench everybody.
          That popping sound you hear is me attempting to remove my head from my arse. It's been there for years so this may take a while.
          Admitting I need healing. And I am not big enough to do this alone.
          AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Hey Prairie! You have been missed around here...glad to see you back! See you in the nest!
            BelleGirl

Alcohol does me no favors.

Pouring poison down your throat is just plain STUPID!

Comment

Hey BelleGirl!

I had to do the dance with the devil - and really do the dance - so I'm going to be here a LOT for a while. Until I'm really bedded down with habits - I don't think straying from here very long is a good idea.

I have GOT to get better. To much rides on it. So - here I am.
              That popping sound you hear is me attempting to remove my head from my arse. It's been there for years so this may take a while.
              AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

hello everyone,having a bad day here but wont be drinking cos ive to collect my daughter from her disco at 11.30pm,just as well really cos the mood im in,well just dont give a sit anymore!!

Comment

Hiya Prairie, Belle girl, LG!, Limers and all to come,

LG, i'll be on the lookout for librarians at my gig this afternoon!

Good to see you Prairie F. You can take your life back again. Go for it!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

limers;1286852 wrote: and well er emm,what/who did you take out Mr.G???:H
                    limers;1289074 wrote:
                    hello everyone,having a bad day here but wont be drinking cos ive to collect my daughter from her disco at 11.30pm,just as well really cos the mood im in,well just dont give a sit anymore!!
                    Hey Limers,

We get those 'bad' days drinking or not. I hope you're feeling more positive now. Have you got many strategy's to help you through the drinking thinking periods? If so, what are they?

You are doing an amazing job. How are you going now?

Hope everyone is safe and sound. Have a great weekend, and think positive.

G-bloke.

Comment

Hi G - it's good to be back.

I want to be here. I hate week one - but - here we are and it is what it is.

And I am glad to see you here too - it's funny how people here become anchors for you on this path and you are that for so many people.

Best - Prairie
                      AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Prairie Fairy;1289649 wrote: Hi G - it's good to be back.

I want to be here. I hate week one - but - here we are and it is what it is.

And I am glad to see you here too - it's funny how people here become anchors for you on this path and you are that for so many people.

Best - Prairie
                        Hiya Prairie F,

I have had many week one's like most of us, but we just have to do the hard yards and suck it up etc. Get that first week over and we can be on our way to freedom. But, you are already back on your road to freedom right now. I know you as the bright, positive, no bullshit person that you are, and you are kicking ass whilst extracting yer boof head. :goodjob:

On a personal note, all good here.

Here is something i just read and thought i'd post it. It's from a Californian therapist called Sherry Gaba. I don't know much about her, nor am i recommending her work, but i like this little list.

The Law of Sobriety is simply seven steps that an addict or alcoholic can go through to help them achieve sobriety.
                        The seven steps need not be in any order. They include

*finding one’s life purpose,
                        *living a life of value,
                        *living a life of authenticity,
                        *learning to live in appreciation, compassion, and forgiveness,
                        *living a life of right action,
                        *living with awareness and mindfulness, and
                        *learning to let go of resistance and attachments.

L8tr, Yo!

Comment

Mr. G:h,

Thank you so much for posting this....as a single, 51-year-old woman who's never been married and never had children, I've struggled with the finding out what my purpose is in life, and letting go of resistance and attachments, wow, that is a powerful statement. Thank you again for always, always, giving us direction in all parts of our lives. G-night, G-Man. lots of love to you across the ocean.

Comment

Ummm, that's just too complicated and self-aware for me, G.:H I think I'll remain a little daft about it all, and just not drink for now.

"I like people too much or not at all."
                            Sylvia Plath

Comment

Lot's of love back at ya Rusty. You are amazing and you can do anything. G'night.

LG. Not drinking for now is good. It's also my experience that personal growth in our sobriety is important, to maintain it.

Off into the day here. Take care all.

Comment

First I see pics of the gorgeous ladies, K9 & Unwasted, and now Mr G - looking good dude!

Back again for renewed concerted effort. Was reading your post on another thread Mr G about the difference between "getting sober" and "wanting to be sober". Exactly what I have spent this evening contemplating. There is definitely a subtle but empowering difference.

My time away from MWO has been mixed. Some AF and some with AL. Trouble is I can't just do a glass or two - it's always the bottle or worse when I do drink. Sick of it - does nothing but make me depressed. Conversely I love my AF time. I feel secure and happy, yes truly happy, with who I am sober.

Now to kick this extra weight - aargh. A very depressing side effect of AL. I want myself back in every way.

Best wishes to all
                                You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

Working...
                                X