Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An older drunk back on day one. Who's with me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Dogwood Blossom;1359204][FreeFly, your words today pulled me back. QUOTE]

Very happy to hear that DB. How did the work out go?

G, I hope you?re ok over there down under. You mentioned you?ve had a few day ones recently. I know you?re a seasoned pro at this journey so doubt there?s anything I could say that you don?t know already. Got one of these though :l

SL & Marhall - way to go on journeys home.

Clear Eyes, Lilly, Destiniey & Kradle - happy sober Friday. Hope I haven't missed anyone.

Quiet day this end but feeling calm. Sending hugs to all :l
    You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

Hi FreeFly....Happy sober Friday to you too! I am looking forward to another weekend AF...YAY!

DG...I love that you locked yourself in...ha! Whatever works...right?!

Happy Friday to everyone here!!!!! I am sure all of you are aware of those collars that they have for dogs that shock them if they cross the invisible fence line. Well...I think we should invent a necklace, bracelet or anklet that shocks us if we get too close to a liquor store or try to leave the house to get something to drink! Ha! Just a thought!
      AB Club Member
      AB Start Date - 7/25/12

10 Months AF - 5/24/13 :yay:

:heart:I would rather be addicted to my horses than alcohol:heart:

Comment

I love the shock collar idea, Destiniey! It could save a lot of lives! hahahahaha........

Comment

Me too

Comment

Haha...of course it will be totally "blinged" out too!
            AB Club Member
            AB Start Date - 7/25/12

10 Months AF - 5/24/13 :yay:

:heart:I would rather be addicted to my horses than alcohol:heart:

Comment

My daughter would love to bling them for us! As I sit I have glitter, mauge pouge, and rhinestones on my kitchen table from things she was blinging yesterday.

Good morning everyone. Here's to a beautiful, happy, and sober Friday!

Comment

Send me one quick!! I need one and what a great idea - not too much pink though please :H.
                Today is Friday (in case you didn't know - ha ha!) and that is always a hard day for me, but i also got some really bad financail news - I am working hard to dig out of a huge mess that my husband got me into (before he decided to find a younger, prettier comapnion) - I have been doing well and getting sorted out, it has been a tough 18mos - I thought I was winning but just heard from my accountant and attorney that the bank and tax folks may not agree with my plans and hold me liable for a lot! Just when I thought I was getting there!!
                I ran to grocery store as early as I could - the grils come for their week with me, so had to stock up - and had to deep breath past all the wine - which was at the end of every aisle, in every aisle and even in checkout! OMG it was hard today.....and this evening is going to be so tough.
                I know it won't make anything better- but it will make me forget for a while - but I WON'T give in!!! I won't, I won't, I won,t!
                Day 11 - here is looking towards day 12 even though I have to white knuckle it thru 10 more hours!!
                “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Go Guitarista -- I too have fallen off the path. But up at 'em again!!!
                  Cuckoo for Cocoa Puff!!!

Comment

I must have missed something but I don't think Mr. G has had a slip. If he did, then we would certainly cheer him to get up and go again, but not till he needs it.

Comment

Scottish Lass ! You Rock!

I know how hard what you just did, was. Give yourself a big pat on the back for that!

Comment

Scottish Lass ! You Rock!

I know how hard what you just did, was. Give yourself a big pat on the back for that!

Comment

Morning all,

SL did you make it through? Actually don't know why I'm asking cos I know you did. You're being hit hard at the moment SL but you're doing it all AF. Massive pat on the back coming your way, oh and a :l

Hello to Janka & Next, please

Well, it's Saturday morning here. Have my lovely yoga class to start the day and then later this evening I'm off out into the outside world where the party people go (first time this quit). Friend's birthday "low key" event apparently - dinner then on for a few drinks. I shall go for the meal then make my excuses. Can't think of anything I'd like to do less than sit in a pub on a Saturday night. Have a nice day planned for Sunday so no way I want to feel or look crap for that and absolutely no way I'm giving up these precious 12 days.

G, Lilly, DB, SL, Clear Eyes, Marhall, Destiniey, Kradle & all - have a :danthin::rays::whee: Saturday. Peace x

Comment

Have a good day freefly. Hope everyone else is pulling up strong and happy. Work had a Staff retreat this weekend, it started yesterday, I made my excuse and went home once drinks began. Went back there this morning and too see the sore heads on everyone and to hear the stories., made me very glad I was not there. It is Saturday night here in Oz, have a book to start and a big hike planned for morning. Day 5 has been good. Also thank you G for the toolbox link. It has been very helpful. It us good to feel positive, I had forgotten the buzz it gives.

Comment

Marhall;1359791 wrote: Work had a Staff retreat this weekend, it started yesterday, I made my excuse and went home once drinks began. Went back there this morning and too see the sore heads on everyone and to hear the stories., made me very glad I was not there. It is Saturday night here in Oz, have a book to start and a big hike planned for morning. Day 5 has been good. Also thank you G for the toolbox link. It has been very helpful. It us good to feel positive, I had forgotten the buzz it gives.
                              :goodjob: Marhall - you're sounding great and very happy to see your worried mood has been changed now Have a great hike tomorrow, sounds fun

Comment

Day 12! I have some shopping to do with a friend and I need to get started on my house. Seems I've spent these days recuperating and haven't been able to get motivated yet to get busy. On the one hand I feel so much better, but physically I still feel exhausted! I'm hoping this will pass with more sober days. Hope everyone has a great and sober day!

Comment

Working...
                                X