Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An older drunk back on day one. Who's with me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prairie - where is your other thread?

Comment

Hi Dogwood Blossom -

Here -
      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...ear-67446.html

But Free and I go back aways...I've been trying for a while...
      That popping sound you hear is me attempting to remove my head from my arse. It's been there for years so this may take a while.
      Admitting I need healing. And I am not big enough to do this alone.
      AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Prairie, you're not alone on that one. For me I went back over and over but each time I was moving forward. One step back, two forward. And things began to change around me. I'd done a lot of work on that before I found MWO - changing friends, moving county, changing the external until all that was left was me and my demons. They're a lot quieter now and I'm grateful to all on this site who've helped me on my journey. I've learned to be my own best friend and don't look to others to change what only I can do. Be kind to yourself and keep holding the thoughts of what you'd like for yourself, your children and your lives together. You can do this, you want to do this so trust in your own process. You will find peace of mind if you persevere. Big hug :l
        You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

A very good morning from a wintery Melbourne town!

Bravo DB and FF! 21 days to break a habit they say?......:goodjob:

Clear and Scottish, keep it going. Each and every day is a brand new opportunity to start again. Some sort of customised plan is always useful as you know, as long as it is simple, not too overwhelming, and something we can handle and stick to.

Great to see you again Prairie, and that you are back on the road to extracting head from arse! And have one of these :l

My plan is simple.

Daily morning meditation and mindfullness,
          regular jogging,
          eating healthy, L-glutamine amino acids for body/mind repair encouragement,
          remaining positive and cultivating that mind set, along with daily cultivation and nurturing of an attitude of gratitude.
          Doing things i really love to do, which for me, is making music.

Have a great week y'all!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Good morning back Mr. G! Thank you for the hug! Extracting my head seems to be a bigger job than I would like it to be. Ugh. I won't be admitting that to the man I think. I believe he would take rather too much enjoyment out of that...
            That popping sound you hear is me attempting to remove my head from my arse. It's been there for years so this may take a while.
            Admitting I need healing. And I am not big enough to do this alone.
            AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

FF- You are right we need to remember our af time. I was just thinking about that yesterday. I had 88 days earlier this year before I had one drink. But then had around 3 more weeks after that af. Plus more in the months after followed by my recent 11 days. So altogether that is well over 100 days af this year which is way more than I have had in probably 15 years. So I should look at that as a positive and know that this is something I can do!

Hope all have a great day!

Comment

Hi Clear Eyes, congrats on all your AF time. I'd certainly focus on that. I didn't keep count sadly as I was so focused on total abstinence which actually got in my way a bit. What I do know is that since finding MWO I've had more AF days than al days which I'm so happy about. I know it's different for everyone but I think I'm finding a mindset that works for me now. I hated the shame in coming back to report relapses and that actually kept me offline for a while as I'd berate myself and then drink more. This time round I'm focusing on my whole life change and I don't seem so preoccupied by the al brain or number of days - I'm kind of letting that go. If I focus too much on the number of days I can get scared about slipping and then can get a little worried about the future and whether I'll manage to stay off booze. I can see the difference in how I feel and look and how things are falling into place in my life. I know it's different for everyone but I'm just happy in this moment and being very gentle with myself.

Comment

clear eyes;1363977 wrote: FF- You are right we need to remember our af time. I was just thinking about that yesterday. I had 88 days earlier this year before I had one drink. But then had around 3 more weeks after that af. Plus more in the months after followed by my recent 11 days. So altogether that is well over 100 days af this year which is way more than I have had in probably 15 years. So I should look at that as a positive and know that this is something I can do!

Hope all have a great day!
                  A very good morning from Downunder to one and all of youse precious folk who pass by here.

Hiya Clear. That is a great way to look at your journey, and what a positive achievement. Yes, you can!

Hi Free. I never used to get the O.D.A.T. or One day at a time approach, but it makes good sense to me these days, especially since i've been practicing mindfullness since the start of the year. I won't dwell on the past. I'll look back sometimes, but i try not to dwell on any negatives, and i can't regulate the future, except to just do my best for today, and let the universe (for some folk that might be God, or a religious/spiritual power) do what it will.

Has anyone read Kimberley's thread? Her last post is a good one. She has some very useful experience to share.

Take care everyone, and no matter where you may be on your journey, why not strive to be happy.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Such great commentary - once I realise what I have achieved and the difference to my drinking since joining in here, I have managed a lot - and when I start loooking at what I am doing, I feel so much more positive!
                    I am starting to the gratitude switch and it really does work. I did think about wine all teh way home, but I was thinking how good I felt without it and how much I wanted to sign in here to chat - and I did not feel deprived.
                    I have made some good contacts here - even though I could pass you on the street and never know - some amazing people, with amazing stories - and I am so happy to be part of it all.
                    This evening I feel great, and that is what matters!
                    Hope you all do too...:l
                    “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Dogwood Blossom;1363499 wrote: SL - it IS easy to just blow it! I blew it after 20 years! What the heck was I thinking? I wasn't. Somehow after all those years, in a weak moment, one of the lies took root. And then I watered it, and fussed over it and fertilized it and it became a full blown fall! Today is a do over for you. So? You are still alive, which means you CAN still do over! You can do it. Think about the mornings....just think about the mornings! Those are enough to make you want it. Rested, guilt-free. You can do it!
                      Hi DogwoodB:
                      I'm sure how you can blow it after 20 years? That's a life time almost and though I don't know if you went back to drinking 20 years, still I dont see that as a blown thing...

I know it's frustrating and spooky but...
                      I see that as an incredible accomplishment with a human tag line.

Am I Missing something?

Hugs,
                      :l
                      On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                      *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Sorry I meant to say NOT SURE

Time for bed!
                        On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                        *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                        https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                        https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

scottish lass;1364145 wrote: once I realise what I have achieved and the difference to my drinking since joining in here, I have managed a lot - and when I start loooking at what I am doing, I feel so much more positive!
                          I am starting to the gratitude switch and it really does work.
                          Couldn't agree more SL and you sound great

Happy thoughts for you.... G, DB, CE, Lilly, Kradle, Marhall and all :h

Have a magical day!

Comment

Thank you Kradle. I felt like I had blown it cause I was looking at it in the negative. You are right...I was AF for 20 years! I love your comment, "with a human tag line." So true. Much better perspective and can easily be placed in my gratitude list. I'm thankful for 20 years of sobriety in which I got my boys raised and was able to be there for them and my other family!

Comment

SL, Lilly, G, FF, CE, Kradle, Marhall, Prairie & all - praying an AF day for us all full of gratitude!

Comment

Dogwood Blossom;1364387 wrote: Thank you Kradle. I felt like I had blown it cause I was looking at it in the negative. You are right...I was AF for 20 years! I love your comment, "with a human tag line." So true. Much better perspective and can easily be placed in my gratitude list. I'm thankful for 20 years of sobriety in which I got my boys raised and was able to be there for them and my other family!
                                Amen DB!

PS. Forgot my shout out to Prairie earlier - I hate missing peeps off! Big :l Praire

Comment

Working...
                                X