Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An older drunk back on day one. Who's with me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

clear eyes;1364842 wrote: Hi everyone ready to go to bed. Looks like everyone is doing well. Nora welcome! This is a good thread. Let us continue to focus on our postivite achievements that we have accomplished rather than what we have deviated from for a short time!
    Spot on Clear, whilst also examining what makes us decide to drink again when/if we do.

Sweet dreams.

Hiya Nora and hello Patrice. Good to see youse.

Kradle, Australia is a big place, and down south where i am it's winter, and gets down to -1 overnight and winter days around 14 c but varies.....4 seasons in one day in Melbourne sometimes. Gets to early 40's C in summer here though, but way up north of the country, it is near the equator, and they have 2 seasons like a lot of Asia just to the north.....wet and dry. It's usually around 35c in the north (Darwin) year round. In other parts of the country it gets very hot though, 40'/50 c.....

I find in early sobriety i must beware of any emotional up's and down's. That can easily throw me, so i try to avoid situations that are likely to be emotional. Of course, we can't always pick when a situation will present itself.

All very cool here. An attitude of gratitude prevails. :goodjob:

Did someone mention icecream?!! :thumbysup:

L8tr, Yo! :h

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Hello everyone. Did I mention that I just love this thread??? :H

Thanks Mr. G for starting it. :h

I'm at work but wanted to drop in & say hello. I'm looking forward to going home & putting a big X on my calendar to mark another AF day.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!!!
      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hugs to all....

And I so get the crazy pissed of texts to the Ex Patrice....

The Ex Mr. Prairie is the Ex. Mr. Prairie for LOTS of reasons - and get a bit a vino under the belt - I've been known to unload all the reasons why being married to him was the worst thing I ever did to myself...nothing like pulling up the phone the next day and saying...Oh FFS Prairie...FACE PLANT
        That popping sound you hear is me attempting to remove my head from my arse. It's been there for years so this may take a while.
        Admitting I need healing. And I am not big enough to do this alone.
        AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Ya - almost Ice Cream time of day - yes G, of course we mentioned Ice Cream, it had to come!!
          The positivity aspect of this renewed attempt is helping me so much - thanks for finding that post for us G. I am looking forward to thsi weekend and all that it can bring me, rather than what i won't be having!! I love it
          “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Hello everyone. Yes - it is almost ice-cream time. :H Too bad that I haven't bought any yet.

Another wonderful thing about not drinking......reading my book in the evening.
            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

day 3 off the librium and coming alive aggain .We are more than conquerors-just keep getting up!

Comment

Hello Binger, and welcome.

Glad to hear you are coming alive. Hope you are safe, and have all bases covered coming off that med.

Do you like ice cream?

Heading off for a run in the wintry Melbourne rain. Ah, loving it!

Hi Nora!

No room for deprivation thinking here. It's just pure gratitude.

Dude with 'Tude signing off for now.

Ooroo! :h

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

hagen daz coffee!mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Comment

Hubby & son just got me some Cookies 'n Cream.
                    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Ben and Jerry's Vanilla with warm chocolate sauce - yummy in my tummy!!!!!
                      “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

have fun with that!

Comment

Hey Nora!
                          I have the Cookies & Cream sitting on the kitchen counter as we post. It's terribly hot tonight but the ice cream iOS rock solid...patience. ull:

:l

PS : The chocolate' s good to go though...
                          On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                          *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Kradle123;1365361 wrote: Hey Nora!
                            I have the Cookies & Cream sitting on the kitchen counter as we post. It's terribly hot tonight but the ice cream iOS rock solid...patience. ull:

PS : The chocolate' s good to go though...
                            There is no patience while waiting for ice-cream. :H
                            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

NoraC;1365370 wrote: There is no patience while waiting for ice-cream. :H
                              :H. Agreed.

Comment

Guitarista;1364873 wrote: Spot on Clear, whilst also examining what makes us decide to drink again when/if we do.

Sweet dreams.

Hiya Nora and hello Patrice. Good to see youse.

Kradle, Australia is a big place, and down south where i am it's winter, and gets down to -1 overnight and winter days around 14 c but varies.....4 seasons in one day in Melbourne sometimes. Gets to early 40's C in summer here though, but way up north of the country, it is near the equator, and they have 2 seasons like a lot of Asia just to the north.....wet and dry. It's usually around 35c in the north (Darwin) year round. In other parts of the country it gets very hot though, 40'/50 c.....

I find in early sobriety i must beware of any emotional up's and down's. That can easily throw me, so i try to avoid situations that are likely to be emotional. Of course, we can't always pick when a situation will present itself.

All very cool here. An attitude of gratitude prevails. :goodjob:

Did someone mention icecream?!! :thumbysup:

L8tr, Yo! :h
                                Mr G. I had no idea Australia had these climactic extremes! I guess my knowledge (embarrassing but true) is limited to Crocodile Dundee ...

Hard to imagine winter in August unless your in Alaska...

I'll be getting out my Encyclopedia Britannica ! ... And a map
                                And yes, the extremes early on need to be avoided if possible.

Hugs,

Comment

Working...
                                X