Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An older drunk back on day one. Who's with me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

By do or die - I mean I am out of choices. It's really - this is it . Get my shit together or else.

The last few weeks the wake up call has been sounding and yesterday someone stuck the soup kettle over my head and beat it with another pot, yelling "Prairie you stupid dolt - what's it going to take to get through to you?!"

Today I got up without a headache, I didn't have to check my text messages to see what crazy stuff I'd sent to whom, I didn't check my call log and say - OMG - who for how long? Oh FFS Prairie - now what have you done? And thank you God - I did not open FB while praying - Please say I didn't provide late night entertainment at 2 am for the insomniacs on my friends list...

And believe me - that was a LOT of gratitude.

It may not seem like much - but it was a LOT of gratitude.

I didn't loathe myself today. There is no price in the world for that.

I spent the day running around making plans for healing myself - counselors and programs - so I can cope with this whirlwind around me - in a way that doesn't destroy me.

And I was proud of myself for that. Because bad news came again today - and I didn't let it derail me.

So - it's ODAT - but in some ways G - I am here in the START because it was do - or die. And if desperation led to action - that's ok. I'm off my arse.
    That popping sound you hear is me attempting to remove my head from my arse. It's been there for years so this may take a while.
    Admitting I need healing. And I am not big enough to do this alone.
    AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Hi all. Well today is a green happy face sticker day. Yesterday was not. :upset: It really wasn't worth it either. What did I get out of it? An upset hubby. Didn't have much fun. Forgot part of a conversation that I had on messenger with a friend. Have a bruise from running into a shelf. Restless sleep. Feeling depressed today.
      So, I'm back to it again. That is not the way I want to live my life.
      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hiya all, I'm also going for the smiley face or green today...
        Didn't manage yesterday or the day before...
        Today though!
        Strength to everyone
        Patrice

Comment

Way to go Patrice - making it happen today!!
          "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Sweet dreams everyone. Had a great day and can mark a smiley face on my planner. I know I will sleep well tonight! I got so much accomplished. What helped me was going to the gym and running errands until 8. Then coming home and working on a project for work. Funny how when you are busy you don't think about drinking as much.

Comment

Good stuff Clear eyes.

Green green green here too. No traffic jams, and keep yer eyes on the road!

L8tr, Yo!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Has anyone seen Dogwood Blossom? Where are you DB - we miss you. Let us know how you're getting on :l
                You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

Hi FF.

No, haven't seen DB today as yet. Yes, please check in when you can DB.

FF, how are you going there?

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Hi G, much better thanks. Feel back on track. Today began with Kryia meditation and will end with a green sticker Hope you're well too

Comment

FreeFly;1367474 wrote: Hi G, much better thanks. Feel back on track. Today began with Kryia meditation and will end with a green sticker Hope you're well too
                      Good to hear. I'm finding the daily addition of meditation to be pretty special. I don't feel i'm great at it as yet, but i'm liking the daily morning ritual no matter what.

I'm pretty good thanks. Getting late here, so i'm off to bed. Have a great rest of your day. See ya.

And a special shout out to Patrice! Hope you're going okay there buddy.

Comment

Morning to the US'ers - Afternoon to those in EU - nighty night to the Aussies...

:-) I love this thread....

I'm up - no headache - not nearly enough coffee running through yet...Day 3 -have Support group meeting tonight so I'm nervous and excited and anxious all rolled up into one.

I *can't* wait for school to start - for the kids to get on a schedule - and to get the SAM HILL out of the house. I work from home - some days they are here - some days they are with my parent's - but this morning? Here. They are driving me batshit crazy. Nothing like a hormonal pre-teen to mope around with attitude to make you want to go Tasmanian Devil..

About to put on Pandora and go to a happier place while I work....GAH. The good part is - with both computers up and running right next to each other - I can multi-task all day.

Anyway - let's see about today shall we?
                        That popping sound you hear is me attempting to remove my head from my arse. It's been there for years so this may take a while.
                        AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

:goodjob: Prairie. If you can do last night, you can do them all, right? Seems we're same day buddies now

I work from home too and in my 26 days sober time I took on a new business opportunity. It's challenging my "can I do it, can't I" stuff but is a great way and perfect time to get stuck into something new.

Comment

Ah - we can both do it. No worries. :-) And you just ping me whenever during the day - I get stir crazy sometimes....
                            AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

FF & G...I'm not doing so well. Just floating around the edges right now. Thank you both for asking about me.

Comment

Hey DB, nice to see you. Sorry you're not doing so well. Why don't you snuggle back in? Sure you'll feel better soon if you do. Big hug :l:h

Comment

Working...
                                X