Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An older drunk back on day one. Who's with me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hiya all, doing Ok Wow what a strange day..Sometimes like that
    But on track slowly,
    Thanks for the Shout Mr. G .. it found its way all the way to Asia
    Take Care all
    Patrice

Comment

Hi Patrice - Hi DB-

Hugs to both.

Patrice - we've been at this a while. You ready to do this with me again old friend? I can always use another buddy on the walk...
      That popping sound you hear is me attempting to remove my head from my arse. It's been there for years so this may take a while.
      Admitting I need healing. And I am not big enough to do this alone.
      AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

And DB-

Hang in? Don't go anywhere....everytime I get muddle headed and then disappear - I lose months to the beast - and get worse.

No matter how tempting it is to stop coming because you are sure you can mod - if you are being tempted to stop- please don't.
        That popping sound you hear is me attempting to remove my head from my arse. It's been there for years so this may take a while.
        AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Yes, Praire, now ready to do this , I have cast all excuses aside finally... the last 8 months have been a bit nightmarish..and I have clung to alcohol a lot

Yes, I fell out with my best friend of 25 years in February, Yes, Dad died while I was on the plane doing the mercy dash after that dreaded 2am call.. 3 hours too late in May.. and Yes along comes August, me and the long distance Bf ended....

But all this stuff does happen to all of us and it can be so left field and unexpected. It has to be felt and now I think I am getting much better at feeling things and then trying to move on
          But I'm now right up there, punching that fist in the air and wanting/planning/doing Alcohol Free for the next stage of the game

Great to see all here, this thread is great G
          Take care
          Patrice
          xx

Comment

And Whey Hey .. my son goes back to school next week!!!... Any other Mums out there who can't wait??
            But ... I'm a teacher so that means I go back to work too..mmm
            Busy will be good after 6 weeks of relative idleness though and will help me on this AF road

Comment

Hello all!!! I love this thread too. Yesterday was a green sticker day. Going to have to keep racking those up.

DB - I agree with Prairie. Whenever I distance myself from this, I slip further & further back into the bad times. Please try to stick around. :l

Back to work. :wavin:
              "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Guitarista;1367309 wrote: Geez, you really DON'T have any action in your life, do you. :H

None! What gave it away?

UGH, first day of school!!! When is Winter Break? LOL

Let's make today a green day everyone!!! (like spinach)
                :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

DB- I am so glad you checked in. My last two weeks hadn't been that great but I still came and now for some reason feel that I am back on track. Our heads play such a game with us.

FF and PF you both are sounding so much better too. Good job on yesterday Nora! I know I felt better going to bed sober. My only problem is I end up staying up way too late! I started reading my book and the next thing it's 1:45 in the morning and then I am back up at 7.

Patrice- what do you teach? I teach too. I am looking forward to being back in a routine. I have been going in everyday this week setting up. Cleaning up the classroom library! Haven't weeded out books for 10 years.

K-9- I am sure it won't be long before I too will be looking forward to winter break....wait how about Thanksgiving break? Enjoy your girl. These next few years are going to fly by. They did with all three of mine.

To everyone else I wish you all a very great and sober day! There's a reason we all keep coming back to this thread. Thanks again for starting it G.

Comment

Hey G -

I ran across this quote from CS Lewis - and it occurred to me that it explained my "Do or Die Moment" better than I was....Recognizing not everyone believes in God - read this as a higher power if you prefer...

“God whispers to us in our pleasures, speaks to us in our conscience, but shouts in our pains: It is His megaphone to rouse a deaf world”

Assume the other morning was God using his megaphone - he was shouting "Prairie - what's it going to take to get your head out of your ARSE?!"

So - he got my attention - and I got moving.

Just because he used a megaphone to get me moving doesn't mean I need a megaphone every day to stay moving. What it takes to get me from inertia to movement is a different level of effort than what it does to keep me going once one foot is in front of the other.

Hence - where your gratitude thinking comes in. Gratitude thinking is what is needed I think as I are putting one foot in front of the other and I am moving on the path of healing.

The other morning I was still recovering from the Heart Paddles that had been applied to my life.

Does that make any sense at all G?
                    AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Prairie, Nora, CE, FF, G...you're all right. If I pull away, as I've done before, it could be a very long while before I return. I don't really have much to say at this point, I'm just going to hang around and read.

Comment

Understand DB but send us a wave now and again to let us know you're here. Look after you won't you and no beat up ok :l
                        You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

Prairie Fairy;1367568 wrote: Hey G -

I ran across this quote from CS Lewis - and it occurred to me that it explained my "Do or Die Moment" better than I was....Recognizing not everyone believes in God - read this as a higher power if you prefer...

?God whispers to us in our pleasures, speaks to us in our conscience, but shouts in our pains: It is His megaphone to rouse a deaf world?

Assume the other morning was God using his megaphone - he was shouting "Prairie - what's it going to take to get your head out of your ARSE?!"

So - he got my attention - and I got moving.

Just because he used a megaphone to get me moving doesn't mean I need a megaphone every day to stay moving. What it takes to get me from inertia to movement is a different level of effort than what it does to keep me going once one foot is in front of the other.

Hence - where your gratitude thinking comes in. Gratitude thinking is what is needed I think as I are putting one foot in front of the other and I am moving on the path of healing.

The other morning I was still recovering from the Heart Paddles that had been applied to my life.

Does that make any sense at all G?
                          Yes it does Prairie. And for me, practising 'mindfulness' daily reminds me to PAY ATTENTION to what the universe/God is telling me. I have been yelled at by the universe many times, and hope/think i'm starting to listen! It's a cliche, but taking the first step is often the hardest. My intuition is always right. I know what path is best for me. That would be an AF path hands down, no contest.

Dogwood Blossom;1367575 wrote:
                          Prairie, Nora, CE, FF, G...you're all right. If I pull away, as I've done before, it could be a very long while before I return. I don't really have much to say at this point, I'm just going to hang around and read.
                          Hey DB. Reading is good i reckon. There is so much great info and inspiration to read on this site. There is some great stuff in older posts in the monthly abstinence section too. What you decide to do right now is important. Tough out these next couple of day's, read, take care of yourself, and you'll be back on track. Get yourself ready to kick some ass.

Thanks for checking in. :l

A beautiful mid morning here, so out into it i go.

Take care everyone. Yo!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Hiya everyone,
                            I feel like shite today but am going to have a massage so hope thats going to help
                            BTW Clear Eyes, I'm an English teacher and school starts on Monday... I think the routine will be good, I feel like I have spent the holidays in a haze of booze... Oh dear
                            But I will put the positive on today
                            take care
                            Patrice

Comment

Hey all, very quick check in - crazy busy at work and then getting ready for school, first day of school and girls laugh as i have homework to do with the huge pile of forms to complete! I need a slow down!! This might be first year that the school office will get my contact numbers right as they may actually be able to read them - not my normal buzzed scrawl!:H
                              C y'all later - more work to do - no rest for the wicked!
                              “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

How do we ever forget how crappy AL makes us feel?!?! We can so easily buy into the lie time after time. Nobody wants the morning after, if we could just hang onto that!

Comment

Working...
                                X