Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An older drunk back on day one. Who's with me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry K-9. Hope things get better with your dog. I have a 14 year old cocker too. He has gone down hill so much in the last few months. Quick check in. Once I am back to work I will have to wait til night to post. I wouldn't dare read or post on my work computer. It's probably a blocked site anyway. We have a very nice big red finger that comes up wagging when you try to access certain sites.

Have a great Friday everyone!

Comment

Taking my poochie to the vet at 3pm today. I need to have a serious talk with the vet about how LONG I'm going to do this..... :upset::upset::upset:
      :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Hey G- Things are so far so good- it's still day 1- and only 3:40 pm but have no hankering to drink-feeling pretty adamant about that really.
        Congrats on 30 days!
        K-9, Sorry to hear about your pooch, hope the antibiotics help.
        Scottish Lass, that IS really early to have BTS night so soon- I remember when my kids were in grade school their BTS nights were in October.
        Making stir-fry tonight- and looking forward to waking up to a sober Saturday morning!
        It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

Hello Fluff ? nice to see you Hope you?re safely through day one.

G ? You?re ahead of my so you may be on 30 now. Great job, well done mate :wd::yay::rockband:

Patrice ? your massage sounds great. With you and Prairie on the tiredness thing. I?m sleeping 10 hours a night (!) and deeply. If I only have time for 8 I feel robbed so have to go to bed mega early. Looking forward to when that does level out but think it may take a while. Ho hum, I love bed!

K9 & CE? sorry to hear about your doggies ? hope they do get better soon. Good luck on the cigs quit K9

SL - you sound really busy so hopefully you won?t have any time for cravings
          DB ? really hope you?re feeling better and on the way back up.

Big shouts out to Lilly, Marhall, Nora, Ronnie, Destiniey, Kradle & SpringClean ? hope you?re all having a happy sober day/evening. Let?s have a clear weekend :rays:
          You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

I slept 10 hours yesterday. I never do that. Ever. Looking through the Amen book - brains more likely
            To fall prey to an addiction - get less sleep which impacts sugar control - hello - there's that sugar / AL link again in another source. He was suggesting upping Chromium Piccolinate to moderate cravings - will have to research that - that's widely available everywhere here...
            That popping sound you hear is me attempting to remove my head from my arse. It's been there for years so this may take a while.
            Admitting I need healing. And I am not big enough to do this alone.
            AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Morning everyone from a sunny, brisk and crisp Melbourne town.

Thanks Fluff and FF. Yes siree, 'tis 30 days AF for me (again) today. And it's a beautiful thang.

Hang in there Fluff. Hope you're enjoying your stirfry.

Hiya Niner. Geez, sending you all the strength and clarity, and best wishes for your vet appointment. I know how hard it is when we lose our best mates. It is absolutely devastating.
              I hope there's some sort of helpful solution available for your pup and you. Keep us posted won't you, and if there's anything we can do from this end, (sounding board etc..) just let us know.

Wishing all a safe, sober, magical, and green weekend.

Now eat yer spinach!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Prairie, my sleep was always short and ALWAYS broken. I never slept through. I just can't get enough now. I had to urge surf tonight. Cravings were quite strong but didn't hit til I was on my way home at 9.30. Fine til then - so it's just back to habit breaking. I was a home alone drinker for the most part. See you day 6 tomorrow

Comment

xpost G - well done again x

Comment

Ugg K9 - seriously, enough already!!
                    G - yahoo! 30 days is indeed a great challenge, well done for accomplishing it!
                    another busy day today....and it is not going to let up for a while - oh well, not enough time to get up to mischief, but enough time for the crazy thoughts to sneak in! Wish they would leave me alone!!
                    Hi all, yet again it is my quick check in - have to do it daily for MY accountability!
                    Hope everyone one is having a TGIF, in true green AF style?
                    “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Hi SL,

Thanks. Have a great day out there!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Congrats on 30 Days G! Good for you!

Cravings been a bear tonight here too...smacked them down with magnesium/taurine plus a half dose of valerian/hops/skullcap for a big dose of IDGAF...added to the L-Glut and Kudzu. Right now - dude - I'm chill. And going to sleep early barring the unlikely.

Anyway - checking in and staying close unless something changes...
                        That popping sound you hear is me attempting to remove my head from my arse. It's been there for years so this may take a while.
                        Admitting I need healing. And I am not big enough to do this alone.
                        AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Hiya all
                          Glad for you G = 30 days is great!!!
                          I've woken up to a day 3
                          Everyone is on the up = fantastic

Patrice

Comment

Prairie Fairy;1368429 wrote: Congrats on 30 Days G! Good for you!

Cravings been a bear tonight here too...smacked them down with magnesium/taurine plus a half dose of valerian/hops/skullcap for a big dose of IDGAF...added to the L-Glut and Kudzu. Right now - dude - I'm chill. And going to sleep early barring the unlikely.

Anyway - checking in and staying close unless something changes...
                            PF, stay close mate. Try not to get too overwhelmed with the whole getting sober thing, and keep it simple. Do you have enough distractions in place, like books, movies, activities, chores, walking, exercise, pampering yourself etc...?

Give AL thoughts the finger when they appear. Tell them to fook off, and that you are a born star who is ruthlessly, yes ruthlessly seizing her life back, and will take no prisoners doing so. :h

Comment

Must be Friday night - I am hanging in too, didn't post earlier about cravings as I was pretty sure I could not manage - i really started to give myself excuses to drink around 1pm and have gone thru so very many that I am exhausted. I have kept so busy, done so many tasks and it is now 6:30 and I think I may just make it - PHEW, this one has been really tough...:upset: PF and FF, hope you managed too - can we all mark the calendar??

PS - Green - for me it is the color of life, I work with organ donors and they give the gift of life, our symbol is green - green ribbons, green wristbands etc - it is also the colour of grass (well apart from my brown lawn:H) - but that is why I chose green...

So hanging onto desire to live tonight...
                              “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Well done SL Yep, that one was tough Alkie brain was really trying to convince the rest of brain that we didn't care what we'd feel like in the morning. Well morning brain definitely does care. Woke up very happy we didn't cave. Green sticker it is. Just in case alkie brain tries that on this evening, a note for you - bugger off you're like a naughty little child craving attention and you keep ruining it for the rest of us in here. We have plans you know, which you may even like if you'll just give us a chance. Now be quiet!

Happy sober Saturday all

Comment

Working...
                                X