Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An older drunk back on day one. Who's with me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prairie Fairy;1369916 wrote: Made it to Day 8 - today's going to be a bit rough. Laywers. One word. Laywers.

Next set. Three words. Thousands more dollars.

Inhale. Exhale. L-Glut. Kudzu. Magnesium. Inositol. Taurine. Valerian. Melatonin. All needed at some point tonight. BECAUSE my AB is stuck in FLIPPING customs. Inhale. Exhale.

bangs head.

One word. Laywers.

Now - play along children. What words is Prairie saying in her head? Correct! All the words that saying out loud in public in most Islamic countries would get her tossed in the slammer for....actually when she thinks about dollars - I may have moved onto a Jeopardy category known as "words that will get you stoned" for $500 Alex....

Inhale. Exhale.
    Thinking of you PF. Doesn't sound like much fun, but do what you've gotta do. Don't forget you have survived longer than 8 days before, so you know how to do it again. A few minutes of deep breathing WILL relax the body physically, even if our thoughts continue to race around. Inhale, exhale does help. I wish for your day/week to go as smoothly as it can. Good job on 8 days!

Hi Bad dog, :welcome:

Depending on how much you drink, just be careful and mindful how you de-tox when you stop. For some heavy drinkers, stopping cold turkey can be dangerous, so if you are unsure, and you are ready to stop, can you do this with some medical advice/assistance from a doctor, nurse, or hospital? I stopped cold turkey, but i knew my body and what to expect, as i have done this many times. But for some people, stopping drinking on their own can be dangerous. You probably know all of this, but i'm just putting it out there. Best wishes friend, and good to see you here.

Hiya FF! Hope all's well.

How's work going Lassie? x-post. Congrat's on 7 days!

Have a good one y'all. L8tr, Yo! :h

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Hi G -

I plan on sending myself to a melatonin induced, valerian/magnesium/inositol/taurine enhanced nighty-night of a 10 hour hypno playlist....and tomorrow will be another day.

A good 9 - 10 hours tonight will make up for a short night last night and help me anchor tomorrow.

It seems the ex may have a substantially more lively day than I tomorrow - and my tension level is through the roof. Going to get the kids abed early.

Hugs -
      That popping sound you hear is me attempting to remove my head from my arse. It's been there for years so this may take a while.
      Admitting I need healing. And I am not big enough to do this alone.
      AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

PF I just posted a long post to you in the Nest.

Hope that's okay :h

:l
        On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
        *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
        https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
        https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

G - thanks for asking about work - things did not go the way we wanted and the outcome was not what was hoped for, but the case I was involved in was one of the most amazing experiences that I have ever been involved in and I am still sorting out all the emotions that it raised. One thing for sure, it was a whole lot of work, and I know that I gave it 100% because I was not drinking and that makes me feel so very good....and dare I say it, proud!
          Thanks to all of you on here, you all have a part in getting me to this stage....I am not sure that I would be here without the comfort and support of this thread....:thanks:
          “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Fag update:
            :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

scottish lass;1370105 wrote: G - thanks for asking about work - things did not go the way we wanted and the outcome was not what was hoped for, but the case I was involved in was one of the most amazing experiences that I have ever been involved in and I am still sorting out all the emotions that it raised. One thing for sure, it was a whole lot of work, and I know that I gave it 100% because I was not drinking and that makes me feel so very good....and dare I say it, proud!
              Thanks to all of you on here, you all have a part in getting me to this stage....I am not sure that I would be here without the comfort and support of this thread....:thanks:
              SL - you're doing so well and you ought to feel proud of yourself :goodjob:

BTW - Kryia yoga is a series of breathing techniques and meditation. Helps to raise above the monkey mind (constant chatter). Definitely bringing calm to my life

Keep up the good work!
              You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

K9Lover;1370422 wrote: Fag update:

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Hi G, thanks for asking. I feel sad today but know that will change in time. Whole heap of emotions lying beneath all that alcohol. Gotta give them a little space to express themselves in order to let them go. Meditation helps me - I hope to get better at it and for it to be as much a part of my life as alcohol once was. In fact I hope to replace one for the other.

Comment

Hiya,
                    Another sober day at the chalkface coming up...
                    Good for you on the fags K9!!
                    My next task.. but for today I'm concentrating on one thing = no AL
                    Have a great day/night
                    Patrice

Comment

Fag update:

3 days 7 hours, 52 minutes, 33 seconds
                      :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Evening all! How about being fagless K9 - glad you are learning English - maybe I can give an english word everyso often and G can give an Aussie one! I know sometimes I spell in english here (there are many real mistakes too:H). How about deciding not to "bum a fag" K9??? Translating that means borrow a cigarette, but can you imagine that one?? and I have more!!!
                        FF - I am interested - the Kryia yoga - I was mentioning the case at work, thsi was huge for me and I was very stressed - someone taught me a breathing thingy so when I felt that I could not manage to continue I went and did it, and it worked - I would love to learn more - I have never tried yoga, but the gym is not working totally for me, and I am getting intrigued by yoga
                        G - have to learn how to do the quote thingy - but did like this from you "If things get tough, i can only do my best, and just get through today. Tomorrow is always different, and always presents another limitless opportunity in any direction i wish to go."
                        Likewise to Patrice "but for today I'm concentrating on one thing = no AL" - so very true!
                        Happy Hump Day!
                        “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Hi y'all,

'Bumming fags', 'hump days'......a lot of gratuitous sex around here! SL. To quote, click on 'quote' bottom right corner of the persons post you wish to quote, then it will appear before your eyes, then you can print your comments below the quote, but write outside, or after the word QUOTE, which you'll see at end of persons post, then hit your 'post quick reply' button.

FF, it takes me a bit of re-learning who i actually am when i'm sober....i.e. 'who IS this fella?' Luckily, i'm reasonably happy with him, but i know for some folk it can be difficult and a bit raw. Hang in there. You are doing a heroic job.

Go Niner!

Hi Patrice!

Comment

scottish lass;1370758 wrote:
                            FF - I am interested - the Kryia yoga - I was mentioning the case at work, thsi was huge for me and I was very stressed - someone taught me a breathing thingy so when I felt that I could not manage to continue I went and did it, and it worked - I would love to learn more - I have never tried yoga, but the gym is not working totally for me, and I am getting intrigued by yoga

SL - I've done Scaravelli yoga for years and it's been my life saver and got me through some tough times. There are so many different styles of yoga, you have to find one that's right for you, and a good teacher helps. Scaravelli's all about ground, breath and spine - melting tension, lengthening & strengthening the body and of course quietening the mind.

Kryia's quite different but really exciting for me as it raises consciousness to the heart centre, away from the constant chatter and seat of addictions. Let me know if you find anything near you

Guitarista;1370925 wrote:

FF, it takes me a bit of re-learning who i actually am when i'm sober....i.e. 'who IS this fella?' Luckily, i'm reasonably happy with him, but i know for some folk it can be difficult and a bit raw. Hang in there. You are doing a heroic job.
                            Thanks G, I get the re-learning thing and I'm pleased I do like sober me - lots more than not sober me! I just get some sad days when I miss my mum and wish she was here to share happier me. I reckon she's lurking though

Comment

Hi Patrice :wavin:

Comment

FreeFly;1370946 wrote:

I just get some sad days when I miss my mum and wish she was here to share happier me. I reckon she's lurking though
                                Ah, i see. :l:l

I must research Kyria yoga. Sounds interesting the way you describe it.

Comment

Working...
                                X