Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An older drunk back on day one. Who's with me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SL - I'm sorry you're feeling so rotten but just wanted to say, you ARE making it. Try not to be hard on yourself - waste of energy. Drink lots of water and relax if you can. Tomorrow won't be long and you'll feel so different soon. :l
    You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

Beautiful sunny evening for tonight's witching hour so went for a 10 mile bike ride in the countryside, picked loads of blackberries, came home and made blackberry & strawberry crumble. Just eaten some of said crumble, with cream - yummy! All quiet on the home front so looking forward to peaceful sleep. Night all

Comment

Well, turns out I am sick - not that it is any excuse, but it does explain why my defenses fell so quickly - another point to add to the beware list. I have been crazy busy and stress level is so high - I thought I was just tired, but have a yucky cough and a really sore throat. I feel a bit relieved as I really had thought that I was turning the corner - ok, onwards and upwards!!
        “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Hiya all

SL - Yes your immune system might have been quite low last night when you stopped at the shops. its kinda good you got a cold I think, because all you will feel like drinking today is hot lemon.. It all works out well!! ( relatively speaking of course, I'm sorry you have a cold!)
          PF - will be following you with interest as to the AB... New coping mechanisms can now start
          FF- Hi and have a great day

And hi to everyone else G, K9 et al.

All Ok here in the Tropics, no thoughts of alcohol, just a bit grumpy and impatient but that could be because I have reached day 10 for the first time in a year...But whilst no Wine Thoughts At This Moment, I still have to be super vigilent because one thought could pop in at any minute and unless its nipped in the bud...the consequences could be very shabby!!!

Take care
          Patrice

Comment

Morning all,

SL - you sound much better (even though you have a cold!). Yes indeed onwards and upwards. Hope you get better soon.

Patrice - awesome job on your 10 days - well done you. Bet that feels great. Keep it up.

Back to my 10 hour sleep last night, aah that's better. Right, off to yoga. Have a great day everyone and sober weekend for all

Comment

Hi Y'all,

Hey Patrice, congratulations on 10 days booze free! First time in a year is very cool too. Keep it going and give yourself a thrill! Each and every day we have alcohol free, is another step away from that old life, and another step towards freedom.

How are you going there PF? I hope you are able to get in a bit of 'me' time to relax some, amid the noise.

SL, it's bloody irrational isn't it, when we get it in our heads that we must drink NOW, then seemingly helplessly act on that thought? These day's, i try to just stop everything if my thinking gets crazy and super impulsive. I stop, acknowledge the thought/impulse, but i do something else, or keep driving/moving and chill for awhile. Maybe meditate on my AF goals/plan, potential and the positives in my life. I'll even say the serenity prayer. The thoughts will pass eventually as long as i don't dwell on them. But the positives i take away from such repeated 'slip' situations is the anger i feel. I try to remember that anger and disappointment, take it, and use it as a positive energy to spur me on. Trouble is, i can sometimes forget the pain and frustration of a day 1 after a couple of weeks, like many of us, so it's important that i remember how crap i felt, and never, ever forget that. Some folks use a journal of sorts to record the lows (and highs) and read it when feeling wobbly. So glad you didn't disappear. Kick some ass friend.

How are you Niner?

I always love to hear of your kitchen wizadry, but your yoga pants adventures are a hard act to follow! :H

Wishing everyone a safe, sober, happy and healthy weekend. G.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Hey G -

I'm so glad you are here. :l You keep everyone focused on the positive and upbeat.

Wednesdays I started going to a support group for me - so I have dinner/service/sharing - all on my own. So - I'm meeting people and getting out - away from kids, parents, family and SO - on my own. And that is helping. Even if it's about how bad things that happened in my life lead to some of these poor choices I've made - it's something that's just mine. And because of what it's about - I leave it feeling more understood, more healed, every week. So I will take it.

Getting better isn't going to be just about secular counseling, church support group, TTDP (taking the damn pill), or journaling...but everything together. This is a journey of many parts - but I promised myself that I was going to get better and create a life that the kids and I can rely on - and that's exactly what I'm going to do. Come Hell or Highwater.
                That popping sound you hear is me attempting to remove my head from my arse. It's been there for years so this may take a while.
                Admitting I need healing. And I am not big enough to do this alone.
                AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Ok, confession time. I got totally sidetracked this morning by a friend's phone call and ended up at Pride, not yoga. We only did the parade, not the big park party and then had civilsed lunch. It was fun seeing all the peeps. Got back to the airshow and went to friend's flat for great view where I did accept 2 small glasses of bubbles. Didn't need to, wasn't going to but for some reason I did. But I don't feel bad (maybe I should). Back home, not wasted, had fun but am back to day 1. Oh dear!

Comment

Prairie Fairy;1372269 wrote: Hey G -

I'm so glad you are here. :l You keep everyone focused on the positive and upbeat.

Wednesdays I started going to a support group for me - so I have dinner/service/sharing - all on my own. So - I'm meeting people and getting out - away from kids, parents, family and SO - on my own. And that is helping. Even if it's about how bad things that happened in my life lead to some of these poor choices I've made - it's something that's just mine. And because of what it's about - I leave it feeling more understood, more healed, every week. So I will take it.

Getting better isn't going to be just about secular counseling, church support group, TTDP (taking the damn pill), or journaling...but everything together. This is a journey of many parts - but I promised myself that I was going to get better and create a life that the kids and I can rely on - and that's exactly what I'm going to do. Come Hell or Highwater.
                    Hi PF.

Good to hear you have a support group and people to yak to who will listen, hear you, and understand. I do a similar thing with AA semi regularly, though i'm looking at attending weekly, i've been to a few this last month, and i get a lot from it. I get inspired, heard, and humbled, and the face to face connection is very special, precious and empowering, i find. Keep it going. You are arising from the ashes and you'll come through the fog very soon :goodjob:

FF. I am glad you're back here posting. You know that a small glass or 2 of AL is not alright for us. But this is a necessary part of the journey. It has taken me and many of us quite a few 1 or 2 glasses to eventually understand our relationship with AL. Is moderation a possibility for you?

Hope everyone's having a safe, sober, and happy weekend. G.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Guitarista;1372389 wrote:
                      FF. I am glad you're back here posting. You know that a small glass or 2 of AL is not alright for us. But this is a necessary part of the journey. It has taken me and many of us quite a few 1 or 2 glasses to eventually understand our relationship with AL. Is moderation a possibility for you?
                      Hi G, thanks for message. My last post was a buzz post - yes may only be 2 glasses, but buzzed nevertheless as had none for some time. And yes, you're absolutely right, it's not ok. My sleep was disturbed, my regrets hit me at 4.30 am. I had a day planned which was tainted, I felt low again, my alkie brain was back on overdrive and I have to climb the mountain once again. No I can't moderate. When will I get it in my thick head! So I'm sorry that I've let myself down yet again, but if ok with all on this thread, I'd like to stick around and give it yet another go.

Comment

Hiya FF - good on ya for being back here.. Today is another day so it's all ok!!

I had the most torrid day yesterday... I won't go into details but it was an awful awful day but.... I didn't drink... it took a lot out of me NOT to drink yesterday.... tears galore, sadness unlimited, major irritation anger and MEGA amounts of water and nicotine, 1 Lexotan and lashings of Rescue Remedy PLUS a major battle in my mind!! The end of the day couldn't come fast enough....

Fast Forward to Today... it's Monday morning Day 12 and I woke up knowing I could continue on this road..As we all can!!

Hope you all have a great day
                        Patrice

Comment

FreeFly;1372714 wrote: No I can't moderate. When will I get it in my thick head!
                          Hi FF,

This is the key. When we see that the evidence is irrefutable, unquestionable, and right before us time and time again. For me, this is about my acceptance, and surrender of/to the situation, and my relationship with AL. How do i get my head around ACCEPTING that i cannot and do not moderate, and that when i have 1 drink, i want to continue all day/night. What do i want to do about it? Do i want to continue that existence? I can quietly go away and drink for the coming years in isolation if i wish to. This is a very real choice i have. But i don't want to do that. A part of me does, but a bigger more present part of me does not, thankfully. Luckily for me, i can see great joy and treasure to be had in this thing called life, and i want some of that. Once we accept we cannot drink safely, and it is a waste of our precious time and life force, then we are free.

It's always a delight seeing you here FF, you don't need to ask permission to post! Everyone is welcome here. There is no judgement.

Another maaaagnificent spring day here. An absolute pearler!

Wishing everyone a safe, sober, and happy week ahead. G.

Niner, you still off the fags?

Comment

x-post. Hi Patrice!

Congratulations on day 12.

Yesterday sounds rough. Is everything ok?

Comment

Hi G !
                              X post .. and a great one

Patrice

Comment

Yes today is just starting and it's looking good so far

Pat

Comment

Working...
                                X