Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An older drunk back on day one. Who's with me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey - going to have to read back & catch up on the racey stories. :H

You're doing great K9 on the cigs.

I am an older drunk back on Day 2. So I'm hanging close around here.
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi Nora, nice to see you. I'm on day 3 - wanna kick this together? :l
      You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

Thanks Molly :l (Still want my 30 days though - LOL!)

Comment

I gotcha Molly and I like it too. It's so true, we only ever have right now.

Comment

Free - yes....let's do this!!!!!!:l

Molly - I absolutely loved that story you shared. I am adding to that my journal so that I see it. It is so true.......today is important. Thanks for posting that, friend. :h
            "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Great post Mollers...
              We're all technically in the same place, and that's "right now"....we can't worry about last week or tomorrow, all we can do is be determined that right now, this second, we are not going to drink. It doesn't matter if you are one day sober or one decade sober, we are perilously close to that one drink that could be our downfall. I like the saying "I know I have another drink in me, but I don't know if I have another quit in me...." Makes ya' think!
              :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

mollyka;1374030 wrote: Evening all!! Hey Nora and FF. Just thought I'd share something I heard last night at an AA meeting. There was an old-timer doing the chair - 38 yrs sober. I used to sort of dismiss these people because they are somewhere I will never be (unless I live to be like 150 :-) ) - but lately I listen very carefully to them - cos they've truly walked the walk.
                Anyway there was a woman there celebrating her 3 yr anniversary and she introduced herself then said to him 'well I'm only 3 years - nothing to your 38' - and his reply to her was remarkable 'on the contrary my dear - I'm on Day 1 - no day that has passed counts - no day to come counts - today is the only day that counts - and today I have not had a drink'. Simple stuff - but I do remember every time I relapsed - adding to the misery of my relapse - I just hated going back to Day 1 - so girls and boys ---- we are ALL on Day 1 today - today is all that counts - I like it anyway xx
                Love it Molly. So true.

Niner, i mean KY, i mean......congratulations on 10 days off the fags! Don't drink, don't smoke......what freedom!

Hi Nora. Good on you for taking back your life again. How will you go? What is different in your thinking this time around?

Day 3 FF....Rock on mate!

Slay, congratulations on 13 days AF! Keep it going friend.

Off to make spinach sandwiches for breakfast. Have a good one out there y'all.

Now......where's me thong?

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

mollyka;1374173 wrote: Oh latherin heart!!! What have they DONE to you MrG:H
                  I know Molly. I suppose i'll be waxing next!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Mr. G-ster,

Your thong is coming along nicely, I am putting the finishing touches on it. You said you wanted tassles right? I thought I'd add some decorative beads as well. It will go fantastic with your new wax job!!! Spinach Lady will not be able to resist you...guaranteed!

Love,
                    KY
                    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

K9Lover;1374223 wrote: Mr. G-ster,

Your thong is coming along nicely, I am putting the finishing touches on it. You said you wanted tassles right? I thought I'd add some decorative beads as well. It will go fantastic with your new wax job!!! Spinach Lady will not be able to resist you...guaranteed!

Love,
                      KY
                      Ok, I just popped in quickly to say WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE? :H

Spinach sandwiches? G, is luuuurrrrvvvveee on your mind again?

CONGRATS on 10 days nicotine free K9!!! Keep it going!!! It took me a year of 'trying' to truly kick the fags, til I got truly determined to have NONE EVER AGAIN, and it was a process, but the hardest bit is the first 10 days to 3 weeks and it does keep getting easier.

I am coming up to a year and a half now and I tell you it is one of the BEST things I have ever done. And I NEVER miss it or want it now! Not when I'm stressed, not when I was drinking even (amazingly), and not when I'm around smokers. In fact, I just think 'ewwwh they stink - I'm so glad I'm not smoking'. You can get there too - trust me, I was the world's most addicted smoker, so if I can get there anyone can. You just have to hang in there and NOT SMOKE EVER and you will one day wake up and find yourself in this magical smoke-free place and it is soooo awesome. Good luck sweet pea. You can do it!!!

:goodjob:

Comment

Quick chek in - Molly I love teh comment by the gentleman with 38yrs AF - we are all in the same boat indeed!
                        G's chicks have been very busy in here - lots to read and it is all good...congrats to all for everything everyone is achieving - all are successes, and with such great spirits!
                        Well if I don't stop hacking up the green stuff, off to the Dr tomorrow - and that is a trip I avoid! I sound like I have taken up K9's fags for sure!
                        Stay safe and sane all, and I will check back tomorrow
                        “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Just loss this long sentimential post ... can't duplicate at this time... only want to say I love this group.... It is human.... I have been in and out and have had a lot of problems... when I first started MYO I went over 45 days AF then had that glass of wine and has been a real struggle since. I have been hovering around before the first of Aug and have been so encouraged by this site... I love you all... I have been almosgt AF for 30 days and the few times I have had anything to drink I have been pretty good at modrating.. no drunkiness... but I know I can tip over the edge at any time and need all of you to keep right thinking going... so thank you all.. from my reading on the internet 40-45 days are critical days to soberity... can any one offfer insight?

Comment

Morning all, back from chilly morning walk and feeling good to go today

:wavin: Herbie - I remember you. Nice to see you back again and great job on your nearly 30 days. Afraid I can't give you any advice on 40-45 days as not made it that far, yet! They'll be along soon with their sage advice. Just wanted to welcome you back and give you one of these :l

Comment

mollyka;1374194 wrote: :H:H - you mean you don't:H
                              Seriously tho - how are you doing? You sound in good form these days? I'm loving being sober this time round. I thought I was grand on previous quits - but I really hadn't changed my mind or my life - this is GREAT
                              Going pretty good here thanks Molly. I'm slowly getting my mojo back. I remember doing 60 days a few months ago, and i was really looking and feeling great. So i'll be there again in a couple of weeks, then onto 90 days, and i reckon i'll be on fire from then on. We'll see. ODAT for me at the moment, and that suits me. Good to hear you're enjoying your own special journey, and i for one love it when you pop in.

K9Lover;1374223 wrote:
                              Mr. G-ster,

Love,
                              KY
                              So......i don't know what i've got myself into here, but i wake up one morning, and all of a sudden i'm getting waxed and having a thong custom made! Well, if spinach lady'll go for it.......I'm trusting you on the tassles Niner!

Comment

Herbie;1374334 wrote: Just loss this long sentimential post ... can't duplicate at this time... only want to say I love this group.... It is human.... I have been in and out and have had a lot of problems... when I first started MYO I went over 45 days AF then had that glass of wine and has been a real struggle since. I have been hovering around before the first of Aug and have been so encouraged by this site... I love you all... I have been almosgt AF for 30 days and the few times I have had anything to drink I have been pretty good at modrating.. no drunkiness... but I know I can tip over the edge at any time and need all of you to keep right thinking going... so thank you all.. from my reading on the internet 40-45 days are critical days to soberity... can any one offfer insight?
                                Hiya Herbie. Good to see you.

I'm not one to offer insight really, as i'm just an older drunk on day 42 or thereabouts but for me, every day is critical. Each day we can grow and get stronger and smarter. For many folks, the first week is critical, as our body goes through withdrawal. Then many find 30 days alcohol free a critical/important point, then 60 days, 90 days, 6 months, 1 year, are all important milestones for many. I think it is different for everyone, as we all have different physical make ups, different backgrounds, genetics, life experiences. But people can fall off the wagon after say, 2.5 years, or 20 years, or 6 months, so for me, i need daily maintainence, and take daily action to protect and enjoy my sober life. Getting through just ONE whole day sober is critical and a milestone for all of us at some point too.

What is critical to you, may not be critical to me. It's a personal journey, even though we share it here. Find what works for you, and go with it. Not sure if that answers your question?

Have you read our toolbox? Lots of very useful and inspirational info. Click on link below. Best wishes, G.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html

Comment

Working...
                                X